Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just lost a close friend and business partner last night. It's not what you think. He ain't dead but I could kill this nigga. Here's the situation.

He is upset bcuz I won't loan him money to join a business group to buy an Aldi grocery store in Kansas. This store has been open for about a year and already is being sold bcuz of lost profits. Let me tell you why it's losing money. This particular store was built less than half a mile from Wal-Mart and Dillon's grocery stores, which have been there for about 20 years.

Had to do my googles on Dillon's. Apparently, they are owned by Kroger (one of the biggest grocery chains in America), and the number one grocery chain in Kansas. I was so intrigued that I actually went to Kansas to see why my friend keeps bugging me about this. I watched this Aldi store from Friday afternoon to Sunday night during the busiest possible times a grocery store should be poppin. That Aldi parking lot was dead. Wal-Mart was busy af as it should be. Surprisingly, Dillons held its own for a smaller store. Cars were actually driving around for parking spaces. Mind you this appears to be a middle class neighborhood.

Look. I'm quick to loan money to people just as long as I know I can get some kind of profit out of it. The dumbest shit someone wanted money for was a video store when places like Blockbuster were closing left and right. This is just as dumb.

So I fly back home to ask my friend face to face why he thinks this is a good investment. He said he is banking on the pandemic. He said it's gonna get really bad and people are gonna have to spend less. He said when people get back on their feet, they will stay with Aldi due to familiarity and loyalty. I'm starting to get kinda pissed now bcuz this is my friend and he is sounding real dumb now and I'm wondering how he became my friend.

I began to tell him that we are closer to being back to normal than we are to living that pandemic life.

I tell him that middle class people are not about that generic brand life.

I tell him even if we were in a pandemic, what makes him think that Aldi's can maintain their purchase power with vendors like Wal-Mart and Dillons?

Will off-brand vendors be able to stay afloat in a pandemic like the major food companies that sell to Wal-Mart and Kroger affiliates like Dillons etc?

He wasn't trying to hear any of that. He called me selfish and all kinds of assholes and motherfuckers. He said he can't fuck with me anymore and as for as he is concerned, I'm dead to him. If I didn't have my daughter with me, I woulda stomped a pothole in his head. Oh well. Friends are just potential enemies.

Am I missing something here? Is this a golden business opportunity bcuz I just don't see it?
No business plan and no data for a business purchase.

Shit had me upset just reading.

No business plan and no data for a business purchase.

Shit had me upset just reading.
We have done business before. He's usually on point with his ideas. This one just makes no sense at all to me. He was better off telling me that he owes the money to someone. I'm willing to bet in a couple of years Wal-Mart will own that Aldi store and turn it into one of their smaller stores. lol

We have done business before. He's usually on point with his ideas. This one just makes no sense at all to me. He was better off telling me that he owes the money to someone. I'm willing to bet in a couple of years Wal-Mart will own that Aldi store and turn it into one of their smaller stores. lol
NGL sounds like got something else going on and trying to use this as an opportunity for some cash while whatever the truth is, he's hoping that comes through so at the least he can pay you back

I just lost a close friend and business partner last night. It's not what you think. He ain't dead but I could kill this nigga. Here's the situation.

He is upset bcuz I won't loan him money to join a business group to buy an Aldi grocery store in Kansas. This store has been open for about a year and already is being sold bcuz of lost profits. Let me tell you why it's losing money. This particular store was built less than half a mile from Wal-Mart and Dillon's grocery stores, which have been there for about 20 years.

Had to do my googles on Dillon's. Apparently, they are owned by Kroger (one of the biggest grocery chains in America), and the number one grocery chain in Kansas. I was so intrigued that I actually went to Kansas to see why my friend keeps bugging me about this. I watched this Aldi store from Friday afternoon to Sunday night during the busiest possible times a grocery store should be poppin. That Aldi parking lot was dead. Wal-Mart was busy af as it should be. Surprisingly, Dillons held its own for a smaller store. Cars were actually driving around for parking spaces. Mind you this appears to be a middle class neighborhood.

Look. I'm quick to loan money to people just as long as I know I can get some kind of profit out of it. The dumbest shit someone wanted money for was a video store when places like Blockbuster were closing left and right. This is just as dumb.

So I fly back home to ask my friend face to face why he thinks this is a good investment. He said he is banking on the pandemic. He said it's gonna get really bad and people are gonna have to spend less. He said when people get back on their feet, they will stay with Aldi due to familiarity and loyalty. I'm starting to get kinda pissed now bcuz this is my friend and he is sounding real dumb now and I'm wondering how he became my friend.

I began to tell him that we are closer to being back to normal than we are to living that pandemic life.

I tell him even if we were in a pandemic, what makes him think that Aldi's can maintain their purchase power with vendors like Wal-Mart and Dillons?

Will off-brand vendors be able to stay afloat in a pandemic like the major food companies that sell to Wal-Mart and Kroger affiliates like Dillons etc?

He wasn't trying to hear any of that. He called me selfish and all kinds of assholes and motherfuckers. He said he can't fuck with me anymore and as for as he is concerned, I'm dead to him. If I didn't have my daughter with me, I woulda stomped a pothole in his head. Oh well. Friends are just potential enemies.

Am I missing something here? Is this a golden business opportunity bcuz I just don't see it?

You probably made the right business decision, but the only thing I disagree with is that middle class white people not buying generic. They most definitely do.

NGL sounds like got something else going on and trying to use this as an opportunity for some cash while whatever the truth is, he's hoping that comes through so at the least he can pay you back
He knows better tho. If it's a business. I get a piece of it until the money is paid back or we become partners. For example, If you are going in on a grocery store, I can come grab groceries all day every day if I choose. I want keys to the place. Been doing it this way for years with no issues.

You probably made the right business decision, but the only thing I disagree with is that middle class white people not buying generic. They most definitely do.

I'll take your word for it. Bad assumption on my part.

I doubt walmart would even waste money on that. Might just close and maybe CVS or Walgreens moves in.

But it sounds like that Aldi is just in a bad area with people that never heard of it and dont care to find out about it, for whatever reason. Down here an Aldi opened near me and its directly across the street from a super walmart and across the street to the left is a Publix. All 3 do a lot of business and if you were to come on a Sunday, all of their parking lots are pretty full and this is a middle class and up area.

But yea homie was buggin, I almost feel like something else motivated him to want this deal and not just a clearly stupid idea. Like trying to get in good with someone else thats in that business group. Might of talked big shit to them cuz he was sure youd give him the money, now he gotta look goofy and bow out.

“ she will receive a million a year until she remarries or he dies”

still don’t understand marriage and divorce

Because many divorce laws are still rooted in the idea that a man is supposed to provide for a woman. I don't believe that a woman should come out of a divorce empty handed, but they do need to get rid of lifetime alimony.

nope, made a great decision and observation… dude ain’t willing to see the logical and rational side that’s on him… his anger isn’t toward you, it’s with himself bc he’s being selfish… when his venture fails and he loses money, he will come back and tell you… peep this

(Idk how to use an IG link here properly)

Speech is written and ready for print and practice. Just gotta add some juice to it and create a powerful aura around me and it. Visualization time!

Speech is written and ready for print and practice. Just gotta add some juice to it and create a powerful aura around me and it. Visualization time!

whats this ba? You produce this? What’s the speech about and for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back