FEATURED The Club Shay Shay Thread

test
So dont talk bad about Black folks in front of white people. Don't talk bad in front of other Black people. So...basically...never speak bad on Black folks.

I hate when people take personal shit and make it about the race. Gary Owen talking shit about Monique because of personal problems they have is not the same as Gary Owen trashing black people in general. If that dude has a problem with her, he has every right to speak on it. Why are we not allowed to let him speak his peace because he's going at Monique. She just wants to silence anyone who's got criticisms of her, and the crazy thing is that most of these people would never speak on her if she wasn't running her mouth first.

I hate when people take personal shit and make it about the race. Gary Owen talking shit about Monique because of personal problems they have is not the same as Gary Owen trashing black people in general. If that dude has a problem with her, he has every right to speak on it. Why are we not allowed to let him speak his peace because he's going at Monique. She just wants to silence anyone who's got criticisms of her, and the crazy thing is that most of these people would never speak on her if she wasn't running her mouth first.

Yeah there's been discussions on here before about whether or not Black folks should criticize each other publicly and many side on the idea of no they shouldn't. But then people also complain about certain behaviors being put out and why nobody is checking them. Can't have it both ways. Either folks can call each other out or they can't. But all the "don't do it in front of white folks" shit is stupid. Idc who you are I'm not attaching my name to no bullshit just to look like we agree.

Yeah there's been discussions on here before about whether or not Black folks should criticize each other publicly and many side on the idea of no they shouldn't. But then people also complain about certain behaviors being put out and why nobody is checking them. Can't have it both ways. Either folks can call each other out or they can't. But all the "don't do it in front of white folks" shit is stupid. Idc who you are I'm not attaching my name to no bullshit just to look like we agree.

Shannon heard the recording

Everything she said is easily verifiable

No one has yet to refute it
DL, went back at her... and not going back and forth or not coming out and disputing, doesn't mean it's truth. It could easily mean you're not gonna entertain the bullshit... of course we only have one side to work with

DL, went back at her... and not going back and forth or not coming out and disputing, doesn't mean it's truth. It could easily mean you're not gonna entertain the bullshit... of course we only have one side to work with
The DL shit is really irrelevant in this discussion

He small potatoes

I enjoyed the Monique interview!

I think he only interview like 2 other women. Most of his guests are men.

So Iam happy to see a female on the show. She speaking her truth and I believe her.

I hope she do well on tour too

I guess, but he fired back and whether he's small potatoes doesn't matter, he went against her narrative. Does that count as refuting and her being wrong or him right?
I ain’t see the DL shit honestly

Small potatoes compared to the overall message

Reactions: Royal
I enjoyed the Monique interview!

I think he only interview like 2 other women. Most of his guests are men.

So Iam happy to see a female on the show. She speaking her truth and I believe her.

I hope she do well on tour too

I heard that special was not good at all.

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
I don't feel like listening to Monique babble. What exactly was she trying to say by bringing this woman up?

She wasn't babbling, she was speaking intelligently and passionately

The point was the black community has always had an issue with a large darker skinned woman, so much so that even during civil rights era they chose Rosa Parks as the "image" of the movement. Your not taught about Claudette even though her bus segregation movement was before Rosa

As a woman your are looked at crazy for calling out things you see as wrong and I totally understand her plight in some ways.

She calling out a big issue in our community.. well she called out a few issues

But why do we spew negative comments to the person who is telling the truth. We get more mad at the people outing others wrong than the wrong itself

And Tyler and Oprah could have paid that woman

She wasn't babbling, she was speaking intelligently and passionately

The point was the black community has always had an issue with a large darker skinned woman, so much so that even during civil rights era they chose Rosa Parks as the "image" of the movement. Your not taught about Claudette even though her bus segregation movement was before Rosa

As a woman your are looked at crazy for calling out things you see as wrong and I totally understand her plight in some ways.

She calling out a big issue in our community.. well she called out a few issues

But why do we spew negative comments to the person who is telling the truth. We get more mad at the people outing others wrong than the wrong itself

Nah, sorry. I'm not buying that. Monique isn't being silenced because she's large and dark-skinned. She's supposedly been blackballed because she's hard to work with and treats people poorly. She was criticized during the NetFlix fiasco because people felt she was overvaluing herself and didn't appreciate her trying to use the race card to explain why her perceived value and actual value didn't match up. She might have been given more credit if, when she got her special, she crushed it. However, most people that criticized her then feel justified now because her special was a lackluster as everyone said it would be.

The problem with her is that if she is calling out any issues, she's doing it in a self serving way, so it's hard for anyone to get behind her if they don't believe the way she is applying those issues to her own life is valid. Again, I don't think anyone doubts there might be some discrepancy in opportunities that black people (especially women) get in media. However, hardly anyone believed that Monique deserved Dave Chapelle or Chris Rock money from NetFlix, so when she blamed racism and sexism for her not getting that money, a lot of people were not willing to buy into that.