Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
BET album of the year noms

Who should win and who do you think will win?

59a409340f2748a7bbad559df5062ee5.png

wym? Artists shouldn't be rewarded period or you're talkin about how it's set up now?
Lil bit of both, I don't think something like music should have awards in the first place because it's all subjective. It's too big a subject to really nail down something as the best, and if you somehow do you'll be arguing with a million different people on why it isn't.

And the way it's set up is lame as hell too. If you aren't popular or haven't "payed your dues" you will get little to no recognition from the big awards shows. And then the old heads in charge of most of them are way outta touch (Macklemore getting rap album of the year over K dot) and it goes back even further than that but you get the point. You could set up fan voting but again that system can be gamed and it all goes back to my first point, that music shouldn't have awards.

It'd be better if we just did celebrations for the music, try and get the most liked popular and critically acclaimed artists from the biggest genres and have them do their thing for a night. It won't be perfect but it makes more sense imo than a music award show.

FUN FACT:

After the Cavs won the title last year, a reporter asked Richard Jefferson if he was gonna play another year or retire.

His answer...he said he was gonna retire and write erotic poetry.

I dunno if he was just caught up in the moment or what, but I'm guessing after that championship "high" came down, he must've realized maybe he should stick to playing basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back