Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why there are no more Black players in the league. Baseball has a rich history in the black communities and the Caribbean. But in my opinion baseball is a sport passed down from father to son and black mothers like basketball and football more so kids gravitate to those sports from their mothers.
interesting. y do u think black moms prefer em?

@ bne. I guess I don't pay attention but I didn't know you had a child.
17126350_239188419885214_1229525914233077760_n.jpg

interesting. y do u think black moms prefer em?
Not sure now. Maybe it happened over time where basketball and football players became bigger celebrities? Maybe those games or easier to understand or more exciting but I have never heard a black mother say she wants her son to grow up to be a baseball player. It could also be the expenses involved in developing a great baseball player. But for the most part most people wouldn't recognize a baseball player if they were sitting next to them

You look around black neighborhoods and tell me when is the last time you saw a baseball field where the kids can play. I feel kids are herded to the sport where they can easily go out to play everyday and baseball isn't readily available like that anymore. You can see a basketball court on damn near every block.

Exactly, u need more money, more people, more amenities to play baseball growing up. You just need one ball to play football and basketball.

It makes sense when you break down the economics of each sport. It's a shame cuz don't baseball players have longer careers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back