Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
18380319_787646678052633_7773909140975386624_n.jpg
this is y u don't loan, u gift.

i remember like it was yesterday i tried telling people how demanding hosting the doors game was and they came at me with pitchforks.

what a time

i was shocked tbh

but was more shocked at the front desk attendant's responses towards my room change request
did you admit that you were wrong and that there was a racist vibe coming off the desk attendant??:mynigga:

i was shocked tbh

but was more shocked at the front desk attendant's responses towards my room change request
Part of me is happy to know that there are people like you that didn't automatically assume there was a racist element to it. But the other part is trying to figure out how you didn't initially see it.

did you admit that you were wrong and that there was a racist vibe coming off the desk attendant??:mynigga:

no...i mean, im black, i could perceive a lot of things to be racist whether blatantly or indirectly. Knock thinks most white people are inherently evil or racist

however, i looked at it from a managers POV

i can only hope and assume that if it were two white guys that you hadnt seen come in with everyone else, with two bags looking around, you would ask them the same thing. You as the grounds manager of the property owe it to the rest of the guests in the hotel to ensure the best possible safety measures as possible.

had i known where the elevators were, i wouldnt have paused as we looked around the lobby. Now if she made a remark like "where are you black guys going", then thats an entirely different discussion.

I was more annoyed by her line of questioning due to the fact that i felt she could've asked it differently. Had she said 'Can i help you gentlemen with something"...i dont think we are having this conversation, but i also chalk it to this area of NOLA as well. I've learned to expect certain things from certain parts of the state.

Part of me is happy to know that there are people like you that didn't automatically assume there was a racist element to it. But the other part is trying to figure out how you didn't initially see it.

well read my response i just posted

i think she could've asked similar questions, worded differently, and came off like she was doing her job as a hotel manager

when i asked for the room change, she could've asked for ID as thats not an uncommon request in this line of business. Now, if she was smart, hence my "expected behavior from certain parts of NOLA" comment, she would's used that as her bait to see if i was up to no good. If i stammered and tried to say i didnt have ID or make an excuse as to why i didnt want to show my ID, she would've had probable cause for any suspicion, but she didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back