Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there's this thing where a mothers boyfriend of 7 years was being asked by her son to adopt him as his own.....

I tried to find the vid, and it seems to be a trend that's common with step children.... But I think the whole situation is ridiculous... A child should never feel they have to formally ask a major adult in their life to adopt them

I declare fuckery of the highest order..... So I want the opinion of a step dad....

Did any of your step children ever feel the need to ask you to adopt them?

And would you consider this pointless?
Have you seen this other times? I know a lot of blended families and I've never picked up on that. Hope it aint some new school thing.

that isn't worth doing either. who wants a father they gotta beg? that's a low quality place-filler.

they cld've used that same effort to gain tact n self esteem

Or.....

Or.....

They could teach that young man his self worth isn't attached to anyone's acceptance.....

And explain to him he doesn't have to ask Someone who's been in his life that long to be his dad....

If I was dude, I would have deaded that shit a long time ago....

That kid would have no doubt where we stood....

True. It's a fucc'd up and unfair situation regardless.

Apparently there's this thing where a mothers boyfriend of 7 years was being asked by her son to adopt him as his own.....

I tried to find the vid, and it seems to be a trend that's common with step children.... But I think the whole situation is ridiculous... A child should never feel they have to formally ask a major adult in their life to adopt them

I declare fuckery of the highest order..... So I want the opinion of a step dad....

Did any of your step children ever feel the need to ask you to adopt them?

And would you consider this pointless?
Full transparency - my "step" father was around when I was in diapers. Never called him anything but Dad even when I was around my biological and

when I understood he was still my Dad and still is. He never referred to me as anything other than his son and always introduced me as such. I treat

my children the same as he did me. There is no "step" except for clarification. I considered them mine inside of a year, and though they call me by

name, they classify me as "Dad" to others unless clarification is needed. If a child feels they need to do that, it is the fault of the "boyfriend" and more

importantly the mother. Now to be fair, maybe the child wants to take on his last name in which that's a different ball game. Is that why he asked?

Full transparency - my "step" father was around when I was in diapers. Never called him anything but Dad even when I was around my biological and

when I understood he was still my Dad and still is. He never referred to me as anything other than his son and always introduced me as such. I treat

my children the same as he did me. There is no "step" except for clarification. I considered them mine inside of a year, and though they call me by

name, they classify me as "Dad" to others unless clarification is needed. If a child feels they need to do that, it is the fault of the "boyfriend" and more

importantly the mother. Now to be fair, maybe the child wants to take on his last name in which that's a different ball game. Is that why he asked?
Apparently there was an emotional letter being read out loud to a group of people. Sounds more like seeking acceptance.

Apparently there was an emotional letter being read out loud to a group of people. Sounds more like seeking acceptance.

If that's the case then I have a problem with the mother. If you choose to be with a man when you have

children, he better be able to be a father to those children. That is consistent with responsibilities of being with

that woman. If as a mother you're cool with your child seeking acceptance from a man you've been with for 7

years, your priority isn't your children - and they're not just looking for a man's acceptance. He should feel

accepted because you've taken on the role of being a FATHER to him

Bruh, go on YouTube...

II was looking for a specific video.... And sure enough white folk done littered the Internet with this fuckery.

I guess my personal bias is that I regret seeking my fathers acceptance as a child, and I grew up feeling no child should seek acceptance,.. Especially when the adult is very present....

This whole thing just bothers me.... Especially because it's being recorded and posted.

This should be a private conversation between the two of them where the parental figure assured the child you don't have to ask me for something like that. It shouldn't even be Questioned..... Kinda like you never questioned it, and your kids never questioned it

I mean...damn...what kind of curriculum doesn't come with the book?!!? I used to have a history teacher that actually traveled to places he taught us about like Egypt. He knew everything and didn't need one, but everybody ain't doin that kinda shit to teach with no book. The hell is going on?

The new wave is online brah

They getting rid of traditional books because kids was either losing them or weren't bringing them to class

They getting rid of traditional books because kids was either losing them or weren't bringing them to class

Remember back in the day, the books would be thick ad!

Kids walkin around wit bookbags looking like they toting boulders inside.

Bruh, go on YouTube...

II was looking for a specific video.... And sure enough white folk done littered the Internet with this fuckery.

I guess my personal bias is that I regret seeking my fathers acceptance as a child, and I grew up feeling no child should seek acceptance,.. Especially when the adult is very present....

This whole thing just bothers me.... Especially because it's being recorded and posted.

This should be a private conversation between the two of them where the parental figure assured the child you don't have to ask me for something like that. It shouldn't even be Questioned..... Kinda like you never questioned it, and your kids never questioned it
But it takes genuine love for that. If a child has love and acceptance then they wont ask for it. Reesey would have never allowed me in her life if she felt that conversation would have ever taken place. Whoever this kid is, his mom ain't shit

My baby isn't even doing that. She's in elementary, I mean...what the hell is going on? I thought she was playin but I asked her again and she put emphasis on the "WHAT" this time.

But it takes genuine love for that. If a child has love and acceptance then they wont ask for it. Reesey would have never allowed me in her life if she felt that conversation would have ever taken place. Whoever this kid is, his mom ain't shit
His mom aint shit, his birth dad aint shit, his new dad aint shit. I hope that kid rises above his environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back