Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't done 23 & me.

I've done both African ancestry and ancestry DNA.

There's quite a difference between the 2.

African ancestry specializes in the mitochondrial lineages of ones x and y chromosomes, which vary along ethnic lines. So in this case it'll tell you the ethnicity of your fathers father, and mother's mother.

Keep in mind that its a very small portion of your DNA. I did it about a decade ago and chose to support them over the rest despite the price because they are black owned. Things may have changed with them tho haven't had a reason to check back with them.

Last year I did the ancestry DNA test. Its an admixture test that tells you your racial composition based on nationalities. It also matches you up with people who have also taken the test that you're related to genetically, which gave me a pretty big surprise.

I then took the data from ancestry and plugged it into other genetic databases which was super enlightening.

Zero regrets, whatsoever.

@NeighborhoodNomad @Reesey @BNE

Good lookin out @Zagreus I need to check these out.

i think that would be dope af for netflix and chill tbh...slide right up in that thang

We better get it going though, cause my kids will kill me if we don't get these tickets soon. haha.

Did you send the time out, or were you just grabbing folks that were online? They see you, they better C'mon.

Haha.

:cry:

So I go to my interview this morning. The lady that called me about it says it's in the admin building. I get to the jailhouse front office and they tell me the admin building is inside the jailhouse. Mind y'all, I've never been to a jail so I was like ok cool. She then comes from behind the glass and tells me my dress too short so I can't come in '/'/' I have on a sweater dress with tights and flats :jordan: So I had to email the ppl and let them know I couldn't even come for the interview because my dress too short according to jailhouse rules. BUT if they would've told me about this shit when they called, I would've put on pants:idkb2: I'm just so annoyed and pissed :saywutt:

Is it wrong for me to be relieved you wont be working in anybody's jail?

olive-more-time-sweater-dress.jpg

I literally had this on but mine is black

that wasn't inappropriate but be careful with interviews cuz u dont kno the office culture yet.

sweaterdresses aren't automatically off limits for work tho. I wear knee length ones like this but with a blazer on top to make it more businessy
Autumn-Winter-New-Knit-Slim-Dress-Turtleneck-Long-Sleeve-Knee-Length-Sweater-Dresses-Women-Clothing-Black-Orange-32245888181-3-500x612.jpg

if the interview was @ a jail, a button down n dark pants might've been best. play it safe with that environment sis

that wasn't inappropriate but be careful with interviews cuz u dont kno the office culture yet.

sweaterdresses aren't automatically off limits for work tho. I wear knee length ones like this but with a blazer on top to make it more businessy
Autumn-Winter-New-Knit-Slim-Dress-Turtleneck-Long-Sleeve-Knee-Length-Sweater-Dresses-Women-Clothing-Black-Orange-32245888181-3-500x612.jpg

if the interview was @ a jail, a button down n dark pants might've been best. play it safe with that environment sis
Whats your occupation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back