Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
When u think about it, that’s why there’s so many people with their own hair shop now..started off in the kitchen..now we here

When u think about it, that’s why there’s so many people with their own hair shop now..started off in the kitchen..now we here
but we need diversity..like you said.....cant be too many hair shops . otherwise who going to make money?

Most people that I know that focus on fast money focus on fast money because they don’t think long term. And in most instances, it’s been because of lack of diversity around them.

A lot of chicks that I know that dudes would call thots jumped on the nursing wave down here because it was said less schooling than a doctor, so less tuition reimbursement and faster turn around for your money. Thats short term thinking.

But the good thing I think about that is, we have a heavy influx of black nurses that’s gonna gain the experience and understanding that not only is it not that simple. But they do just as much as doctors in most cases. With that foundation they can speak to younger sisters and drop jewels and ways they learned that it’s better to just study and be a doc.

That shit comes over time
its the same in philly....

a whole bunch of chicks that do 1 of 3 things.

1. strip
2. nursing
3. correctional officer

but we need diversity..like you said.....cant be too many hair shops . otherwise who going to make money?
Diversity doesn’t come out of thin air. First you have to have to know what you want.

I was real materialistic and superficial minded as a child when I was poor. I felt like shit inside

Then I got money and bought the things I thought brought happiness, and still felt like shit. Then I grew to realize the substance in what you have is more important than just having

You gotta give these black women time to grow. It’s hard to be a black “man”, black “women” got two strikes against them.

Now even justin timberlake is doing trap songs?

giphy.gif

Bakari Sellers article about the aspiration of black ownership/ workforce throughout the Panthers organization
@Cain

https://theundefeated.com/features/...ant-with-impending-sale-of-carolina-panthers/

I believe the path toward atonement for all parties starts with being intentional about diversity in connection with the sale of the Panthers.

Seventy percent of the league’s players are African-American. Yet, there are no African-American general partners in the league. Not a single one.

Several African-American entertainers and athletes have expressed interest since the sale of the Panthers was announced, including Sean “Diddy” Combs, Charlotte native Stephen Curry and even Colin Kaepernick. And with Michael Jordan sitting in the owner’s box for the NBA’s Hornets, the city of Charlotte has a rare opportunity to boast yet another owner of color.

That’s where I think the city of Charlotte and newly elected Mayor Vi Lyles come into play. The city controls millions of dollars in tourism taxes that the Panthers have previously tapped into for Bank of America Stadium upgrades. A new ownership team will almost certainly seek some public support for either upgrades or a new stadium. The city should be clear that any future public support will require that the Panthers organization commit to embracing the diversity of the city in which it sits and the two-state fan base it represents, from the ownership consortium on down to the vendors they use for stadium operations.

Diversity doesn’t come out of thin air. First you have to have to know what you want.

I was real materialistic and superficial minded as a child when I was poor. I felt like shit inside

Then I got money and bought the things I thought brought happiness, and still felt like shit. Then I grew to realize the substance in what you have is more important than just having

You gotta give these black women time to grow. It’s hard to be a black “man”, black “women” got two strikes against them.

time to grow?
:negrowhat:

bruh.....why are we always the ones that need time to grow?

maybe its me....but we are talking grown women and men.

we do we need to be handled with kid gloves?

we are not talking about teenagers.

so in the process of them having time to grow......the kids are growing up with no guidance because people are given time to grow.

at what point will someone know something?

Last edited:
time to grow?
:negrowhat:

bruh.....why are we always the ones that need time to grow?

maybe its me....but we are talking grown women and men.

we do we need to be handled with kid gloves?

we are not talking about teenagers.

so in the process of them having time to grow......the kids are growing up with no guidance because people are given time to grow.

at what point will someone know something?
Cause less then 35 years ago Oprah was just a talk show host and talk of her being a billionaire would have been laughable.

Cause JayZ was a drug dealer from Brooklyn
Cause 50 was a drug dealer from Queens
Cause Diddy was a promoter from Harlem

They weren’t any where near that in their 20’s, all 40 plus over 500 mil in worth

And 20 years ago talks of them being at this point would be far fetched if not laughable

But they grew to that point, we grew to this point in our history. But there’s still much work to do outside of sports, entertainment, and the aesthetics industry.

Keep in mind b, less than 35 years ago the goal of most black people was just to survive to the next pay check. I understand you got yours and you worked hard for yours and you got the mindset to be able to get yours.

If getting yours was as easy as seeing others get there’s. The Browns wouldn’t suck and every team would be the Patriots. Shit don’t work like that.

Cause less then 35 years ago Oprah was just a talk show host and talk of her being a billionaire would have been laughable.

Cause JayZ was a drug dealer from Brooklyn
Cause 50 was a drug dealer from Queens
Cause Diddy was a promoter from Harlem

They weren’t any where near that in their 20’s, all 40 plus over 500 mil in worth

And 20 years ago talks of them being at this point would be far fetched if not laughable
and each of them more than likely had mentors and advisors along their side the whole way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back