Welcome To aBlackWeb

She hasn't sold out any arenas, put out any successful stand ups, etc.

All that decorated talk comes from a movie that wasn't even a comedy. In the field of comedy she's lucky to get 500k.

And lol @ female pryor, that nigga was 89 when she came out, he could barely talk during that time

She mentioned she got a standing ovation breh Lol. (2)

Queens of Comedy wasn't successful breh?

Almost Christmas made 45 million off a 17 front? that's not successful?

You just said, nobody is checking for Steve but yet he can fill up the lakefront? Lol

Come on dude, you shooting your own self in the head.

Brah, sighs

the lakefront arena seats 10k people. Its an arena for a university thats not even a D1 school anymore

the mercedes benz superdome seats almost $77K people

take that bullet out my foot and put it in ya foot

Breh

In business, you supposed to know your worth.

Bottom line if you not on that principle, I don't know what else to tell you.

500k and can't tour or do shit for 2 years and we in here fussing? Mane come on yall. They shitting on that lady or any man that gets that kind of offer.
again, i said i had no issue with this

why you keep coming to this

She mentioned she got a standing ovation breh Lol. (2)

Queens of Comedy wasn't successful breh?

Almost Christmas made 45 million off a 17 front? that's not successful?

lmaoooo @ standing O, nigga I got one yesterday, where's my 500k?

QOC was 100 years ago. And Almost Christmas had damn near every black celebrity in that movie, she wasn't the main draw.

What else u got?

lets see if Steve Harvey can just get $20M for a standup deal from netflix when he hasnt done shit since Kings of Comedy

Whether you like him or not, Harvey been out there consistently. I don't know if he's been doing standup, but he's been living off comedy pretty consistently for years. People are throwing tons of opportunities at him. He has leverage that Monique does not have.

Yeah that deal is shit. Once knowing that I can kinda see what she is saying. Kinda but yeah she's not going to get more than or close to Chris Rock or Dave FOH

And that's what the whole ordeal is about, a shitty deal.

I aint even saying that she should get more or equal to those dudes, but her getting a deal like that and for her to come out and make a fuss about it, I don't see what the issue is?

lmaoooo @ standing O, nigga I got one yesterday, where's my 500k?

QOC was 100 years ago. And Almost Christmas had damn near every black celebrity in that movie, she wasn't the main draw.

What else u got?

Who was the main draw in the movie breh?

Who was the comedy relief in that movie if it wasn't her?

Let's dissect that movie?

again, i said i had no issue with this

why you keep coming to this

Breh, you were one of the ones saying she was looney Lol.

And I told you, even stated I'll put 100 that her contract was on some janky shit and the fine print was fuck'd up.

You have no issue with it, but yet you stated that she's trying to get this so call "legacy" deal Lol

Man come on breh.

But if you agree on her stance, then there's no more to discuss

Who was the main draw in the movie breh?

Who was the comedy relief in that movie if it wasn't her?

Let's dissect that movie?

Gabrielle Union alone has a bigger draw than monique has ever had in her big ass life.

So has Danny Glover, Omar Epps, DC Young Fly is a bigger comedian than Monique right now.

Not to mention Keri hilson, Romny Malco, etc.

I dont find female comedians funny.
I had to get that off my chest.

Women aren't funny. Not on the level of men, at least. There are no women legends, imo. What woman is on the level of Richard, Chris, Eddie, George Carlin, Bill Burr, Dave? There are none. They're not fuckin funny. Black, white, other. Not funny.

I do like Bridesmaids and Girls Trip though. But those are extreme exceptions.

Brah, sighs

the lakefront arena seats 10k people. Its an arena for a university thats not even a D1 school anymore

the mercedes benz superdome seats almost $77K people

take that bullet out my foot and put it in ya foot

So if Steve can sell out 10k in the Lakefront, NO and go over to a city in Mississippi and sell-out another arena, you do know that's 20k ppl that have seen you right? (Black ppl at that)

So how is it that nobody is checking for these ppl and the numbers don't add up Lol.

Steve for a night like that would get about 15k-30k for a show like that.

Do that times 40 nights (I'm doing a low number 15k x 40 shows) and that's 600k, but yet he or Mo should take a deal for 500k and not do nothing for 2 years Lol

Man this is a numbers game.

Lady got played with that slave ass deal.

There aren't any black women doing it like that right now. And to keep it a buck, there hasn't been one for a long fuckin time. If Tiffany Haddish does a NF deal tomorrow, you can bet that that shit is for 5 mil or better.

And do you know why? Because she's hot right now. Books, TV shows, critically acclaimed movies. Monique ain't got none of that shit. That Xmas shit she keep talkin bout was some niche shit too.

Her demographic is even more niche than most comedians. It's for black women. And not even all black women. Lol.

What you mean?

Again, I'll ask you the same question, could Mo draw a crowd of 8k-10k to an arena?

So if Steve can sell out 10k in the Lakefront, NO and go over to a city in Mississippi and sell-out another arena, you do know that's 20k ppl that have seen you right? (Black ppl at that)

So how is it that nobody is checking for these ppl and the numbers don't add up Lol.

Steve for a night like that would get about 15k-30k for a show like that.

Do that times 40 nights (I'm doing a low number 15k x 40 shows) and that's 600k, but yet he or Mo should take a deal for 500k and not do nothing for 2 years Lol

Man this is a numbers game.

Lady got played with that slave ass deal.

so you saying two arenas at 10k (20k) total, and he still can fill the superdome at almost 77k?

he would have to do almost 8 arenas just to equal/surpass the capacity at the superdome

c'mon

OH,...do you have a netflix sub or do you use the firestick?

What you mean?

Again, I'll ask you the same question, could Mo draw a crowd of 8k-10k to an arena?

i'll say this, which is what CTG was saying

why wasnt she doing this in order to have something to bring to the table?

it would've gone a long way vs some legacy deal shit she was trying to do

Gabrielle Union alone has a bigger draw than monique has ever had in her big ass life.

So has Danny Glover, Omar Epps, DC Young Fly is a bigger comedian than Monique right now.

Not to mention Keri hilson, Romny Malco, etc.

Lol you tripping bout keri hilson now. And dc young fly isn't he just an ig comedian he does standup?

If they not going to pay you.....make your own platform and put out your own specials to show you still "got it" then leverage that into a bigger payday with Netflix, Showtime, etc.
practically EVERYBODY in the original monique thread was saying this except Knock Twice and Hellczar

both of them was like "why should she have to do that"

Back