Welcome To aBlackWeb

DAMN

JD said the dude who made "coco" for OT Genesis put up the beat on the internet for $200!! That's crazy

I already know this gon be a goat interview, nigga has a ton of hiphop knowledge

i have notice that chicks voices sound different in english and spanish
im talking about her actual projection/pitch of her voice

like, she sounds proper af...thats not a bad thing at all ftr. It just threw me off

She sounds like how Joseline would sound if she didnt speak broken english

I can't lie. I didn't know who she was and I saw a clip of that music video of hers that was floating around. At first I thought she was some Latin chick in black face too. I've seen plenty of black chicks with that skin tone and plenty with similar facial features, but I can't say I've seen too many in person with that combination of both.

I use to find Charlemagne so entertaining, now it be legit hard to listen to dude

My nigga talk all this conscious and black shit but don’t know what an Afro Latina is. Cmon son. You don’t know it’s African people in these places. I don’t care if that nigga was trolling

I use to find Charlemagne so entertaining, now it be legit hard to listen to dude

My nigga talk all this conscious and black shit but don’t know what an Afro Latina is. Cmon son. You don’t know it’s African people in these places. I don’t care if that nigga was trolling

That wasn't really the point of contention. He was saying that he though the term "Afro-Latino" referred to people who were mixed. For example, he was thinking an Afro-Latino was like someone who had a African American mother and a Puerto Rican dad. That's not really that unreasonable. This is one of those cases where nationality, ethnicity, and race are just getting jumbled up and confused. It's sort of how, a lot of people in America refer to any American born Black American as an African American and for foreigners it can be confused with native born Africans that obtain American citizenship. The latter is actually more accurate terminology, but it can really come into conflict with the more commonly used terminology when you have a non-black African native that migrates to the U.S. That person is technically an African American even if he or she isn't a Black American.

Nah man

I get what you trying to do but nah and if you just watch the interview, he’s out of pocket the whole shit. You saying with all due respect bro, a whole lot of nothing.

No nigga who’s so called conscious or on some super pro black shit is that ignorant. Even if he was trying to help her highlight her points, it’s a better way than how he was coming

He went on to mention Cardi B so was that really his point? The nigga sitting in her face saying colorism not a issue and we past that and bunch of other stupid shit. It wasn’t just one thing, they just really showed an crazy amount of ignorance throughout and for that to come from people so engrained in the culture. A dude like Charlemagne who stay on his “I’m rooting for everybody black”

Nah man

I get what you trying to do but nah and if you just watch the interview, he’s out of pocket the whole shit. You saying with all due respect bro, a whole lot of nothing.

No nigga who’s so called conscious or on some super pro black shit is that ignorant. Even if he was trying to help her highlight her points, it’s a better way than how he was coming

He went on to mention Cardi B so was that really his point? The nigga sitting in her face saying colorism not a issue and we past that and bunch of other stupid shit. It wasn’t just one thing, they just really showed an crazy amount of ignorance throughout and for that to come from people so engrained in the culture. A dude like Charlemagne who stay on his “I’m rooting for everybody black”

lol You can believe he's ignorant all you want. I don't care. I just pointed out what he said. I did watch the interview and he specifically said "I thought an Afro Latino was someone mixed with black and spanish." At no point did he say that he didn't know there were black people in those areas.

I also don't get where you believe Charlemagne is on some super pro black shit. You must have just heard about dude within the last year or so, because for a long time people were calling him coon because he'd say shit that did align with with pro black mentalities. He still does. Yeah, he says a lot of shit that could be considered pro black. He also says a lot of shit that pro black people don't like. And Charlegmagne has never been the smartest or most informed person on the radio, so I don't really get why you'd be surprised that he didn't know something even if something lots of people should know.

My nigga what the fuck do you think black people there are called is my point?

Ain’t really no back n forth to be had, my thoughts on it is all

I'm not saying he shouldn't have known better. I'm saying that he specifically said that he thought Afro Latino was someone that was half latino and half black. That's not an unreasonable thought and it's different from what you're claiming he said. You can give your thoughts, but there's no reason to misrepresent what he said. There is plenty of dumb shit that he actually says that you can call him out on.

The Afro-Latina conversation was informative and annoying af....CTG and Envy's were trolling either for the purpose of helping her educate other dumb ass people in the world that listen to their show or for their own agenda of making the interview more click worthy....I don't mind the level of ignorance on the subject if you're accepting the education but you can't just dismiss it with other unnecessary examples when she's very clear about wtf she means.....another dope interview tho

Back