is wearing a bonnet outside ghetto?

• Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • On the fence

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
Ok it's tacky....so what? Do Keisha's 2 min interaction with Apu in 7-11 matter in the grand scheme of things since they may not ever see each other again? Is he hiring her for a 6 figure job? Proposing marriage? He gon ring that slurpy and chips up like he do every other customer and keep it movin whether she put together or not. Who cares.
This in it’s entirety

Y’all niggas better never wear a du rag again lol
Du rag to the feets b
tenor.gif

Ok it's tacky....so what? Do Keisha's 2 min interaction with Apu in 7-11 matter in the grand scheme of things since they may not ever see each other again? Is he hiring her for a 6 figure job? Proposing marriage? He gon ring that slurpy and chips up like he do every other customer and keep it movin whether she put together or not. Who cares.

None of this matters.

When you walk outside, you will be judged on your appearance and there's nothing you can do about it. None of what you wrote matters 'cause this is all about folks wanting to walk out the crib however they see fit but don't want to be judged based on that. The world doesn't work that way; you will be judged by folks around you and the sooner y'all get that in your head, the better.

We've called it tacky, lazy, etc, but if you want to walk out like that, go right on ahead; do you.

Just understand what comes along with that and don't be mad about it.

It's almost like you niggas don't understand that you're having two different arguments simultaneously. Everyone in here understands that you will be judged if you come out the house wearing a bonnet by a certain cross-section of the population. When has that ever been in question?

It's almost like you niggas don't understand that you're having two different arguments simultaneously. Everyone in here understands that you will be judged if you come out the house wearing a bonnet by a certain cross-section of the population. When has that ever been in question?

So then what's the outrage over?

Folks saw broads out there with bonnets on and had something to say about it. Y'all acting like they shouldn't but just ain't how shit works. Then some of y'all invoke YT at random, "respectability politics" which itself is garbage, and all this other malarkey.

So then what's the outrage over?

Folks saw broads out there with bonnets on and had something to say about it. Y'all acting like they shouldn't but just ain't how shit works. Then some of y'all invoke YT at random, "respectability politics" which itself is garbage, and all this other malarkey.

Ok, now you're saying two different things. First you said people were in here not understanding that people will be judged for wearing bonnets in public. When I asked you a question about that, you replied with a question. Then moved the goal posts saying that people were in here saying that others shouldn't have anything to say about them wearing bonnets outside.

My original question remains unanswered.

Like I said...two different conversations. You replying to a question that I didn't ask and a statement that I didn't make.

Ok, now you're saying two different things. First you said people were in here not understanding that people will be judged for wearing bonnets in public. When I asked you a question about that, you replied with a question. Then moved the goal posts saying that people were in here saying that others shouldn't have anything to say about them wearing bonnets outside.

My original question remains unanswered.

Like I said...two different conversations. You replying to a question that I didn't ask and a statement that I didn't make.

If everyone understands that you will be judged, why is this thing about bonnets an issue?

It looks hella tacky. Just like men showing their underwear when sagging their pants, or folks wearing dirty clothes.

It’s their right to wear what they want out in public just like it’s my right to think they look like a mess. LMAO.

Co-sign the bold. Laziness and looking like trash in public. lol and smh

None of this matters.

When you walk outside, you will be judged on your appearance and there's nothing you can do about it. None of what you wrote matters 'cause this is all about folks wanting to walk out the crib however they see fit but don't want to be judged based on that. The world doesn't work that way; you will be judged by folks around you and the sooner y'all get that in your head, the better.

We've called it tacky, lazy, etc, but if you want to walk out like that, go right on ahead; do you.

Just understand what comes along with that and don't be mad about it.

The thing is tho people are literally saying they dgaf about the judgement because in reality it don’t matter

I've never seen a bonnet or "tacky" leisure wear anywhere but somewhere where it dont matter. Never seen it at a graduation, never seen it at a restaurant, never seen it at a party/the club, never seen it at a wedding, never seen it at work.....

Yall act like yall be seeing this shit other than where it's understandable to dress down.

I’ve actually seen people (white people also) wear stuff like that in restaurants. Not any semi decent restaurant but a chain place like Applebee’s or Ruby Tuesday’s, yeah. Lmao.

I’ve also seen people wearing crazy stuff at graduations. Lmao. But to be honest I’ve lived and grew up in some backwards ass spots. Lmao.

I was taught to look decent when you come out the house, so that's what I do. Same for my siblings and cousins.

When my hair was longer, if I came out the crib, it was done every single time, even if I threw a hat on, my hair was done underneath it. My sisters won't come out without their hair done. Same for your appearance: I won't come out lookin' like a slob, even if it's just to go check the mail 'cause that's how I was raised.
That's exactly how my folks came up and raise my siblings. Clothes wise I like sweats and joggers, but my hair will be neat, I'll have no ashy face, and I'll smell good. As my mom said you never know who's watching.

Back