is wearing a bonnet outside ghetto?

• Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • On the fence

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
bonnets have transcended far beyond sleep wear. the same as durags, sweatsuits, slides etc

catch up

race is never irrelevant
you just lack critical thinking skills

Bonnets, durags, sweatsuits, and slides are not exclusive to Black people either. So if someone says wearing one of them outside in public is tacky they are not talking about a specific race. They're saying it applies to everyone.

If I say it looks tacky on Black people then it looks tacky on white people too.

bonnets have transcended far beyond sleep wear. the same as durags, sweatsuits, slides etc

catch up

race is never irrelevant

No. Bonnets has not reached that level yet and I already stated it could.

And you lack a fundamental thought process on shit that don’t involve race.

You just think about white folks so much that anything you do or don’t is dictated by them and what they think.

Do better.

No need to respond

Bonnets, durags, sweatsuits, and slides are not exclusive to Black people either. So if someone says wearing one of them outside in public is tacky they are not talking about a specific race. They're saying it applies to everyone.

If I say it looks tacky on Black people then it looks tacky on white people too.

lmaoooooo durags and bonnets are definitely exlusive to Black people. cut the bullshit

any white person rocking this shit is being called tacky for other reasons

No. Bonnets has not reached that level yet and I already stated it could.

And you lack a fundamental thought process on shit that don’t involve race.

You just think about white folks so much that anything you do or don’t is dictated by them and what they think.

Do better.

No need to respond

nigga pls

you of all people lack critical thinking and have the thought process of a pubescent child

NEWSFLASH: everything has to do with race! with the exception of South Africa, the U.S. Developed a unique socioeconomic stucture and political apparatus that is founded on race and capital

so everything in this country including societal norms and attitudes has to do with race

Durags and bonnets are not exclusive to Black people. That's like saying cowboy hats are exclusive to white people.

nigga who invented durags? 😭😭😭😭😭 billy bob wasnt on the range trying to keep his waves tight tf

durags are exclusive to Black people and is a cultural statement

bonnets of this nature are a remake of the victorian bonnet:

3E4AF434-C9E3-4DB0-8946-9BBF7033EA15.jpeg
and are also exclusive to Black people mainly Black women

nigga pls

you of all people lack critical thinking and have the thought process of a pubescent child

NEWSFLASH: everything has to do with race! with the exception of South Africa, the U.S. Developed a unique socioeconomic stucture and political apparatus that is founded on race and capital

so everything in this country including societal norms and attitudes has to do with race

Let me make it bigger for you.

NO NEED TO RESPOND

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 the irony

Black people still cant see that their irritation with bonnets being worn in public has less to do with their own personal ideas/beliefs on presentability and more to do with white people defining whats respectable and whats not for centuries

youz conditioned

I grew up seeing white women wearing bonnets, rollers, and hair wrapped in scarves, usually with the aforementioned rollers in their hair. All you had to do was go to a grocery store in the morning or early afternoon and you were guaranteed to see it. The difference is they, along with the Black and Mexican women in Saginaw, actively tried to avoid being seen by anyone they knew like that 'cause it was an embarrassment to be seen in such a state.

It was tacky then and it's tacky now.

catch up

race is never irrelevant

Ironically, you also lack critical thinking skills because you cannot understand how something being tacky for one is tacky for all.

I grew up seeing white women wearing bonnets, rollers, and hair wrapped in scarves, usually with the aforementioned rollers in their hair. All you had to do was go to a grocery store in the morning or early afternoon and you were guaranteed to see it. The difference is they, along with the Black and Mexican women in Saginaw, actively tried to avoid being seen by anyone they knew like that 'cause it was an embarrassment to be seen in such a state.

It was tacky then and it's tacky now.

They really diving deep in the realms of black vs white on a simple personal opinion on what some folks may or may not find tacky lol.

nigga who invented durags? 😭😭😭😭😭 billy bob wasnt on the range trying to keep his waves tight tf

durags are exclusive to Black people and is a cultural statement

bonnets of this nature are a remake of the victorian bonnet:

View attachment 549040
and are also exclusive to Black people mainly Black women

So Black people are immune to being tacky?

Okay. Who invented sagging your pants? So I can't say shit about niggas sagging their pants because niggas started that trend? Just gotta let it ride huh?

• Ether
Reactions: onetoughmiracle
So Black people are immune to being tacky?

Okay. Who invented sagging your pants? So I can't say shit about niggas sagging their pants because niggas started that trend? Just gotta let it ride huh?

That is tacky too and I look back at some old pics and I laugh at myself along with my big ass shirt and shorts that’s damn near touching my ankle Lololololol

That is tacky too and I look back at some old pics and I laugh at myself along with my big ass shirt and shorts that’s damn near touching my ankle Lololololol

We are not allowed to be critical on shit Black people do if white people are also critical.

The irony in niggas saying that we wouldn't be saying shit if white people were doing it but we also can't say shit if Black people are doing it nd it's something that we started.

Niggas talking out of both sides of they mouth.

Bonnets in public for the most part is tacky. It's tacky for white people and Black people. Doesn't matter if niggas invented and monetized bonnets. It's tacky.