the bling, the women, the money' in rap music could explain Trump's increased appeal to some rappers and Black male voters

That whole "rappers have influence" is bullshit, for three main reasons:

1) We all rememeber Diddy's "Vote Or Die" campaign back in 2004. Shit flopped. Bush won re-election.
2) Rappers didn't help Hillary, and they came out of the wood work for her.
3) LostYe ONLY got 50,000 votes, but the muhfucka has like 15 million followers. The algebra doesn't compute.

I’m not gon say rap don’t influence folks but it’s mainly kids that are. (that’s a can of worms for a different day)

@DOS_patos this is what I mean by misguided. He’s questioning me about what I think. He completely ignored that Obama said it. He even fronted on someone argument with “niggas just want a check”. That’s been his response a couple times in different threads when people want action from the democrats. He plays defense for them. Misguided. Why isn’t he shitting on Obama? Because he’s been kept in line.

Obviously rappers and athletes and all entertainers hold some influence. It’s the main reason they pimp them out. You think Hillary flew Jay and Beyoncé our to Cleveland at the end of her election just cause? You think he performed Hard Knock Life for fun? In Cleveland?

Naw boy. Fuck all that.

What you said is dumb. Also do you believe that rappers are leading blacks to voting?

What adult you know going vote do to a rapper saying to go do it?

Given the history of low turnout of black voters I don’t think rappers telling us to go vote is as influential as curtain people wanna believe...

:huh2:

Reactions: SeaSnake
You’re absolutely correct.

You just quoted me saying rappers have influence. 1000% they have influence.. it’s the reason people were mad at Wayne. It’s the reason people were mad at Cube for working on a plan and NOT endorsing Trump.

OP posted this...

It's interesting—people are writing about the fact that Trump increased his support among Black men [in the 2020 presidential election], and the occasional rapper who supported Trump," Obama said. "I have to remind myself that if you listen to rap music, it's all about the bling, the women, the money."

"A lot of rap videos are using the same measures of what it means to be successful as Donald Trump is," he continued. "Everything is gold-plated. That insinuates itself and seeps into the culture."

This is what Obama said about raps influence on the election. Why are you not writing him a email to set him straight?

So rappers having that kind of influence? I can say on misguided youth yes. But not adults.

If an adult let a rapper decides who they vote for and not the policy they are promoting then that person is no different from y’all MAGA dudes that’s votingfor trump because of some shit that’s not attached to reality. But you don’t say shit bout that and I wonder why. You just attack black folks at every turn

And also why you don’t condemn rap and everything it promotes since it has such an impact on adults and kids. Sound like you’re saying it should be outlawed

You’re absolutely correct.

You just quoted me saying rappers have influence. 1000% they have influence.. it’s the reason people were mad at Wayne. It’s the reason people were mad at Cube for working on a plan and NOT endorsing Trump.

OP posted this...

It's interesting—people are writing about the fact that Trump increased his support among Black men [in the 2020 presidential election], and the occasional rapper who supported Trump," Obama said. "I have to remind myself that if you listen to rap music, it's all about the bling, the women, the money."

"A lot of rap videos are using the same measures of what it means to be successful as Donald Trump is," he continued. "Everything is gold-plated. That insinuates itself and seeps into the culture."

This is what Obama said about raps influence on the election. Why are you not writing him a email to set him straight?

No, people are mad at Wayne because he’s a jackass. Not his influence. Who truly believed because of a Lil Wayne co-sign the vote would swing Trumps way? Seriously? If it takes a rapper for you to vote either way you’re either really young or a grown adult with no self awareness whatsoever.

As for Obama I understand what he’s going for and to be fair hip hop culture had always pushed that to the forefront... but Trump himself and his image as a successful businessman overtakes that.

Last edited:
Obama lowered the black unemployment rate,
Lowered the black uninsured rate,
Lowered the black incarnation rate,
Raised the black graduation rate,
Raised the black college-entry rate,
Lowered youth violence rates in the black community.

Fuck outta here.

All this maybe true. But it didn't say Platinum or Only For Black People so its all null & void

:scust1:

Last edited:
To anybody questioning what did Obama specifically do for blacks, I have this question:

What has ANY American president ever done specifically for blacks?

ZERO!

Every time I hear people complain about Obama helped everybody EXCEPT black people, I be like...

AND????

He’s president of the United States of America.

HE AINT SUPPOSED TO HELP BLACK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

That’s not in his job description!

We’re talking about a nation that never has and never WILL apologize for slavery.

A nation where the future Vice President (Kamala Harris) laughs in your face if you mention the word “reparations”.

What’s wrong with y’all? You mean to tell me you STILL don’t get it?

If you become president, helping black folks is outta the question.

That ain’t Obama’s fault. He accepted the position, therefore he had to play by their rules.

You can’t become a manager at McDonald’s and all of a sudden start giving raises and scholarships to only the black employees.

Reactions: Mister B.
So rappers having that kind of influence? I can say on misguided youth yes. But not adults.

If an adult let a rapper decides who they vote for and not the policy they are promoting then that person is no different from y’all MAGA dudes that’s votingfor trump because of some shit that’s not attached to reality. But you don’t say shit bout that and I wonder why. You just attack black folks at every turn

And also why you don’t condemn rap and everything it promotes since it has such an impact on adults and kids. Sound like you’re saying it should be outlawed
Adults is a very wide net.

18-35 year olds are influenced by celebrities. Don't believe it? Take a look at social media whenever Beyonce, Jay, Cardi, Megan, City Girls, etc make a public statement or gesture. It aint just minors emulating. These are legal voters.

To anybody questioning what did Obama specifically do for blacks, I have this question:

What has ANY American president ever done specifically for blacks?

ZERO!

Every time I hear people complain about Obama helped everybody EXCEPT black people, I be like...

AND????

He’s president of the United States of America.

HE AINT SUPPOSED TO HELP BLACK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

That’s not in his job description!

We’re talking about a nation that never has and never WILL apologize for slavery.

A nation where the future Vice President (Kamala Harris) laughs in your face if you mention the word “reparations”.

What’s wrong with y’all? You mean to tell me you STILL don’t get it?

If you become president, helping black folks is outta the question.

That ain’t Obama’s fault. He accepted the position, therefore he had to play by their rules.

You can’t become a manager at McDonald’s and all of a sudden start giving raises and scholarships to only the black employees.

Fast forward to 3:15

No need to say more.

I don't know exactly why Donald Trump had better numbers across all races and both genders this year.
But it sounds very ignorant and disconnected to say "it's because of rap music".

Obama was preaching compromise and turn the other cheek bullshit with his enemies for 8 years while they were calling his wife and kids monkeys yet has the gall to blame black men and rap music like a 90s conservative because folks weren’t 100% on board with anti-black candidates like Biden and Hillary. Everytime he speaks he tarnishes his legacy.

EXACTLY.

But, my point is.........

If you want to help black folks,

DO NOT BECOME PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!!!

It ain’t happening!

It wasn’t that he was president that hung him up, it was that he was the first black one. He had to walk that line regardless. Can’t make the race look bad, can’t make these white people upset(that’s a loosing battle regardless). It’s a lot of shit to put on the FIRST one. It was all uncharted territory. I’d like to think whoever is the next one with a real shot of becoming president will learn from some of his mistakes & build.

I did answer you. I clearly said rappers DO have influence. That’s why Trump sent out Pump and Biden sent out 2 Chainz. This isn’t a secret.

Now answer my questions.

Obama said this in OP post:
"It's interesting—people are writing about the fact that Trump increased his support among Black men [in the 2020 presidential election], and the occasional rapper who supported Trump," Obama said. "I have to remind myself that if you listen to rap music, it's all about the bling, the women, the money."

Yet you going crazy on my because I said rappers have influence. Why you running from Obama? You can send him a email with yo opinion just like you write me.

Why you mad at me a half black, half white man born and raised by a black man on the south side of Chicago?

Yet you give a pass to a half black, half white man raised in Hawaii by his white mother and eventually white grandparents.

So rappers have influence but 90% of rap is promoting terrible shit and a shitty lifestyle.

So rap needs to be banned then. Right?

Did you email that to Obama? I mean he’s the one shitting on rap and the influence it has. Did it make you upset that white boy from Hawaii blamed rap for Trump getting 10% of the black vote?

I took it as disrespect. Obama the same dude who gave a speech about Jay Z before he was inducted into the songwriters hall of fame. The same Jay who said “ dumb down to double my dollars”.

Obama was out of line for saying that bullshit.

Bruh.

I don’t want to block but shit.

• Ether
Reactions: MAYOR WILLIE WILSON
Pressing ignore is the only defense you have other then the defense you run for democrats. Press the ignore button. I would appreciate if you ignored me so I could stop reminding how much of a idiot you are.

So you gon act like you some genius?

Okay bet. What have you accomplished in your life since you’re soooooooo smart.

Que up that list of amazing accomplishments that you achieved in life.

Make it in bullet points.

Reactions: MAYOR WILLIE WILSON