Welcome To aBlackWeb

the bling, the women, the money' in rap music could explain Trump's increased appeal to some rappers and Black male voters

@Soul_Rattler I didnt quote you because I was speaking generally. And in general the talking-point has evolved from obama never did shit for black people to where we are now, which is obama never did anything "specifically" for black people.

And my thought is that we need reparations. But the president cant do that, a democratic Congress wont do that. We need real political power, which I believe we have but do not have the organization to wield correctly in present time. We are too divided.

My whole point is we always find the dividing line and emphasize it until thats all we see. Colorism, ageism, regionalism, every ism under the son. HBCUs ain't black enough, my brothers keeper ain't black enough, its just finding fault where there isnt any.

Plenty of curses without having to dismiss your blessings. I would just say dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Last edited:
This the disconnect, then.

How could there be ANY program to help black people ONLY, when we are all integrated into society? HBCUs are not exclusively black, but they are MAJORITY black. How can Obama be penalized for that when 75%+ of the enrollment of those institutions are black?

That's like saying I have a class of 30 kids, and 2 of them aren't black, so anything I did for the whole class didn't exclusively help black people. Sounds real obtuse and petty.
Your question is not hypothetical, it's actionable.

The answer is the same way any other group has gotten help specifically for them.

Do you know of any other group that has gotten legislation or executive order specifically for them? I'd rather ask you than assume you don't know.

Why are we pretending Trump actually had substantial black support? Even if it was more than last time, those niggas are outliers. Why stereotype the majority of us based on a tiny group? I take issue with that.

@Soul_Rattler I didnt quote you because I was speaking generally. And in general the talking-point has evolved from obama never did shit for black people to where we are now, which is obama never did anything "specifically" for black people.

And my thought is that we need reparations. But the president cant do that, a democratic Congress wont do that. We need real political power, which I believe we have but do not have the organization to wield correctly in present time. We are too divided.

My whole point is we always find the dividing line and emphasize it until thats all we see. Colorism, ageism, regionalism, every ism under the son. HBCUs ain't black enough, my brothers keeper ain't black enough, its just finding fault where there isnt any.

Plenty of curses without having to dismiss your blessings. I would just say dont throw the baby out with the bath water.
It's not about being black enough, it's about being black only.

Attaching the plights and interests of everyone else to black people is the only reason for any social or civil progress in the US. Natives, Japanese, Jews, Italians, women, gays, the poor, Mexicans, Euro, Asian, and African immigrants... they benefit from saying "us too!" Whenever black people demand for ourselves.

Right or wrong?

Why are we pretending Trump actually had substantial black support? Even if it was more than last time, those niggas are outliers. Why stereotype the majority of us based on a tiny group? I take issue with that.
I think it has a lot to do with how much press Cube got, how vocal other rappers became in their support of Trump. The support looked and sounded bigger than it actually was. I definitely dig where you're coming from, tho.

It's not about being black enough, it's about being black only.

Attaching the plights and interests of everyone else to black people is the only reason for any social or civil progress in the US. Natives, Japanese, Jews, Italians, women, gays, the poor, Mexicans, Euro, Asian, and African immigrants... they benefit from saying "us too!" Whenever black people demand for ourselves.

Right or wrong?
We good.

Now let's stand on the shoulders of those that got us this far instead of making them out to be the villians. We investment on a major scale for us. That's going to require us to be a united front that can utilize our collective strength to make it happen. Anything that divides us into subgroups is counterproductive to our goal.

(Note: The following ain't even for you, I just gotta get this off 1 time.)

The argument was originally that obama didnt do anything for black people. When that got shot down it became, "well he didnt do anything exclusively", your argument is well how does it relate to what he did for others? So, while i respect your opinion, in the larger argument it's shifting the goalposts to the nth degree. Like at point are we splitting hairs?

More of us had jobs, less of us were locked up, more of us our kids were graduating and going to college, less of our kids were participating or being victims of violence, more of us had health insurance after he got out of office. That's not an exhaustive list, and that's while up against a Congress whose sole purpose was to obstruct everything he tried to do.

Why we got to be the ones to denigrate our own? I spent my whole life listening to white teachers talk about fucked up white men as if they were deities with no flaws. And here we are after 4 years of fucking Adolf trump and we still reaching past that to down our own for not doing "enough". If yall cant see the program I dont know what to tell yall. But if yall got smoke, aim it at the ops.

Been on this site for 2 years. This the realest post I seen on this mothafucka....

Rappers are USED by politicians to make sure black people stay in line. That’s why they bring them out and use them during elections. Same way they use the rest of the entertainment industry and sports industry. They do it to all races. Obama saying what he said is only to make his handlers happy and to continue his dismissal of anyone who doesn’t follow the democrats platform.

Why are YOU PERSONALLY in line ? I can’t answer that. I just look at your posts and laugh.

Saying shit like he's just saying it to make his handlers happy is saying it as if Obama doesnt believe this shit himself. And people tend to do that alot with politicians. Put the onus on some villainous figure lurking in the shadows. Nah that nigga said so he gotta stand on it.

That whole "rappers have influence" is bullshit, for three main reasons:

1) We all remember Diddy's "Vote Or Die" campaign back in 2004. That shit flopped. Bush won re-election.
2) Rappers didn't help Hillary in 2016 when she caught her L, and they came out of the woodworks for her during her campaign.
3) LostYe ONLY got 50,000 votes in 2020, but the muhfucka has like 15 million followers on Twitter. The algebra doesn't compute.

Dude in here giving rappers all this power of influence over adults but if he truly believe that he would be vilifying rappers at the highest level due to what they promote.

Fall back youngin. You don’t know shit yet. Live a little first

Back