Welcome To aBlackWeb

the bling, the women, the money' in rap music could explain Trump's increased appeal to some rappers and Black male voters

We talk bad about Garvey, booker t, Dubois, martin, malcolm, huey, michael, jordan and jackson, Cosby, pac, jigga, Sharpton, Jesse, farrakhan, obama.

They build statues to theirs we throw stones at ours.

The shit is by design man, whitewash their history but want us solely to focus on our blemishes. We ain't even the hero's of our stories. Barack Hussein obama is the first man to allow you to credibly look at your child and say that they could sit in that chair. He ain't perfect, but why does he need to be? Next person up do a little better than the last, same as it's ever been.
That might be realest shit on here about black leaders said in 2020. Most of these dudes had not only a white power structure to deal with, they also had their own kind filling in gaps as the Ops, which is just insane.

Of course, some of the fuckshit they got into is on their own heads, but not enough to justify chastizing their legacies completely. Obama - for all the talk of him being timid towards the TOP and that wretched Tea Party - held his own in office, even after Mitch McTurkeyNeck basically gave the order to fuck him over six ways from Sunday from NIGHT ONE.

This thread took a turn. Get it back to black rappers out here stereotyping themselves to cape for Donnie Dickhead. Obeezie don't need to prove anything to anyone else at this point.

What does this say about us
It says the 85% are easily led in the wrong direction and hard to lead in the right direction.
I can’t co-sign this. Obama actually did do some things for black people.

I respect the “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative, even if most black men never took it seriously.

$4 billion a year for HBCUs.

STARTING the unemployment dip for Black people while in office.

I don’t cape for Obeezie, but I do call a spade a spade. He did a lot more for black folk then people will admit. Of course, the black community standards wanted him to figure out how to eradicate police brutality and create new police reform. When he couldn’t do that, everything else he did didn’t seem like much.
Most of what you just listed is in line with Obama's "a rising tide raises all ships" approach which still ignores black people specifically.

I challenge you, @Revolver Ocelot @DOS_patos @Chicity and everyone else who cosigned you to show me anywhere in the My Brother's Keeper agenda that *specifically* addresses black boys and black men. Not people of color, not minorities, not urban youth, not underprivileged inner city... BLACK African American Negro people. You will not find it. And the same goes for the fall of Black unemployment. Black unemployment went down because American unemployment went down. Not because Obama did anything specifically for Black employment.

It bugs me that our people keep getting bamboozled with tricky language by government officials who make sure to redline their legislation to target or ignore us at every pivotal chance they get.

Mind you, the MBK initiative was only started 2 years before Obama's last term. @Sion If you're counting, that's 2 terms. Because US presidents only get 2 terms. As Malcolm X said, we put these politicians first and they put us last because we are political chumps.

And the 4 billion for HBCUs. If you knew how much HBCUs need to run on a yearly basis, and how many HBCUS there are, you would see how much of an insult 4B actually is. Let's say you have 400 homeless people in your city and you donate $40 to them as a whole. Not only have you given them virtually nothing, but it costed you virtually nothing to give. And although black people depend on HBCUs for high education more than anyone, HBCUs are not black only institutions. So that oh so generous 4B is not benefitting black people specifically, but anyone who goes to an HBCU. So talk to me about HBCUs like LU with a majority white student base. Is that still for black people?

Last edited:
Millions of working class, poor and under underprivileged black people now have healthcare thanks to Present Obama efforts,

But yet so many you refuse to acknowledge or see the importance of this fact, leads me to believe you really don't care about black people as much as you profess. I mean, you've convinced yourselves that you care, but in reality you only care about your chosen narrative.Which is "Obama did nothing for black people" and you care about the "branding" of "Specifically for black people". This is to marginalized and discredit the fact that with healthcare alone Obama has literally save millions of black lives over the years.And this is after he bastardized the policy to appease Republicans.
(Who don't even want you to have that)
(Note: The following ain't even for you, I just gotta get this off 1 time.)

The argument was originally that obama didnt do anything for black people. When that got shot down it became, "well he didnt do anything exclusively", your argument is well how does it relate to what he did for others? So, while i respect your opinion, in the larger argument it's shifting the goalposts to the nth degree. Like at point are we splitting hairs?
Quote me or @ me if you're addressing me fam.

No goalposts were moved. Go back and read my second post in this thread:
Trump used fame, money, and women to attract black people.

Obama used his black skin, rappers, and basketball to attract black people.

Neither did a damn thing specifically for black people. Everytime you point a finger, two more point back at you.
Just because YOU chose to ignore the word specifically doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Alot of us think that our name doesn't have to be on legislation for it to benefit us. And alot of us think that as long as we benefit from legislation, we don't need our name on it. But damn near every law ever passed in this country that has restricted or criminalized us had our name on it. And when Jews, gays, women, etc needed specific legislation for themselves, their name was on it.

Why in the fuck do we continue to think we as a people don't need anything specifically for us? Our condition is specific. Our incarceration is specific. Our lack of proper education is specific. The violence in our neighborhoods is specific. But suddenly when it's time for money/laws/policy/solution, we don't need anything specific???
:niggaa:

It says the 85% are easily led in the wrong direction and hard to lead in the right direction.

Most of what you just listed is in line with Obama's "a rising tide raises all ships" approach which still ignores black people specifically.

I challenge you, @Revolver Ocelot @DOS_patos @Chicity and everyone else who cosigned you to show me anywhere in the My Brother's Keeper agenda that *specifically* addresses black boys and black men. Not people of color, not minorities, not urban youth, not underprivileged inner city... BLACK African American Negro people. You will not find it. And the same goes for the fall of Black unemployment. Black unemployment went down because American unemployment went down. Not because Obama did anything specifically for Black employment.

It bugs me that our people keep getting bamboozled with tricky language by government officials who make sure to redline their legislation to target or ignore us at every pivotal chance they get.

Mind you, the MBK initiative was only started 2 years before Obama's last term. @Sion If you're counting, that's 2 terms. Because US presidents only get 2 terms. As Malcolm X said, we put these politicians first and they put us last because we are political chumps.

And the 4 billion for HBCUs. If you knew how much HBCUs need to run on a yearly basis, and how many HBCUS there are, you would see how much of an insult 4B actually is. Let's say you have 400 homeless people in your city and you donate $40 to them as a whole. Not only have you given them virtually nothing, but it costed you virtually nothing to give. And although black people depend on HBCUs for high education more than anyone, HBCUs are not black only institutions. So that oh so generous 4B is not benefitting black people specifically, but anyone who goes to an HBCU. So talk to me about HBCUs like LSU with a majority white student base. Is that still for black people?

Did it not help black people, young black men in particular?

Damn y'all niggas just love to bitch.

We talk bad about Garvey, booker t, Dubois, martin, malcolm, huey, michael, jordan and jackson, Cosby, pac, jigga, Sharpton, Jesse, farrakhan, obama.

They build statues to theirs we throw stones at ours.

The shit is by design man, whitewash their history but want us solely to focus on our blemishes. We ain't even the hero's of our stories. Barack Hussein obama is the first man to allow you to credibly look at your child and say that they could sit in that chair. He ain't perfect, but why does he need to be? Next person up do a little better than the last, same as it's ever been.
You're wrong and here's why.

The difference between Obama (and Jordan to a lesser degree) and every other name you put up there is that Obama was chosen to be president before he ever became US senator in my home state of Illinois. If you lived here, you'd know that he came out of nowhere, shot up the political ladder, and jumped in the oval office faster than anyone ever has.

Before you dismiss this as conspiracy talk, answer this: Do you think a country as racist as this one would just voluntarily put a black man with limited government experience in that seat? Or were there key people in key positions in this world who picked him out and told him that as long as he does exactly what he's told, he'll get anything he wants?

Not everything, but anything. Anything except that which contradicts their international agenda of economic hierarchy. In other words, he'll get millions of dollars in his pocket, his children will go to the finest schools, he'll be framed as one of the greatest black men on this planet... but he cannot and will not disturb the balance that keeps black people across the world poor, imprisoned, dumb, and dead. He must enforce that agenda, which is what led to the murder of Muammar al-Gaddafi.

Obama lowered the black unemployment rate,
Lowered the black uninsured rate,
Lowered the black incarnation rate,
Raised the black graduation rate,
Raised the black college-entry rate,
Lowered youth violence rates in the black community.

Fuck outta here.

Yes. But were black people or AA anywhere in the paperwork?

If not, then the shit didn't really happen.

Did it not help black people, young black men in particular?

Damn y'all niggas just love to bitch.
Keep reading this thread. I've already addressed your question.

If this is just a case of 'niggas bitching' it's because niggaa have been treated like bitches for over 500 years and are so used to it that when we speak against our treatment, we get talked to the way you call yourself talking to me.

Straighten up black man.

And the 4 billion for HBCUs. If you knew how much HBCUs need to run on a yearly basis, and how many HBCUS there are, you would see how much of an insult 4B actually is. Let's say you have 400 homeless people in your city and you donate $40 to them as a whole. Not only have you given them virtually nothing, but it costed you virtually nothing to give. And although black people depend on HBCUs for high education more than anyone, HBCUs are not black only institutions. So that oh so generous 4B is not benefitting black people specifically, but anyone who goes to an HBCU. So talk to me about HBCUs like LSU with a majority white student base. Is that still for black people?
Come on, now.

MBK was specifically targeted to help young black kids. Look at the all the videos posted, and tell me who the main focus was on? BLACK YOUTH, morseo BLACK MALE YOUTH. I'm sure there were some Latino kids got help, too, but the MAIN demo this was focus on was young black men.

Just go there, and tell me who do you see benefitting from this more than anyone else.

As for HBCUs....I graduated from one. 4B / 100 = $40M per school roughly.

Go to Del State's annual tax filing, and tell me that $40M doesn't help run a school that had $400M in liabilities spent for a fiscal year. You telling me 10% of the budget is an INSULT??

C'mon on.

Come on, now.

MBK was specifically targeted to help young black kids. Look at the all the videos posted, and tell me who the main focus was on? BLACK YOUTH, morseo BLACK MALE YOUTH. I'm sure there were some Latino kids got help, too, but the MAIN demo this was focus on was young black men.

Just go there, and tell me who do you see benefitting from this more than anyone else.

Go to Del State's annual tax filing, and tell me that $40M doesn't help run a school that had $400M in liabilities spent for a fiscal year. You telling me 10% of the budget is an INSULT??

C'mon on.

Bruh I was just bout to say this.

Plus every HBCU doesn't need the money. Howard has 700M in endowments.

But yeah SMH @ scoffing 40M year like that couldn't help out an HBCU and it's black student body.

I mean....
At the end of the day I really don't care.

These people hate us....Anyone for us will be compromised early or blocked from helping just us. Hispanics and latinx is the next group to grow over us in numbers....We still can control what's in our communities, who comes and goes and some how we want cacs to help us become free from them ?

I know my lane.

Come on, now.

C'mon on.
I'm an HBCU alum too. And it's actually less than 40M.

The insult i speak of is listed that 4B as if it's some great progress for black people.

Howard has a great donor base? Good for them. So that <40M is nice excess. For other schools, not so much.

And for the umpteenth time, HBCUs are not exclusively black institutions, even if the majority of them are majority black. So why are we still talking about HBCUs and the MBK project when the question has always been "What has Obama done for blacks specifically?"

He told you out of his own mouth that his specufic solution for black people is to not give black people anything specifically. And yall are actually arguing against it. Good lord lol

There's plenty to criticize Obama but at least ne accurate about it. For one LSU isn't an HBCU so you're off on that one to start when talking about schools at least be accurate about that. Also the ways in he spoke about Black males in particular often left alot to be desired but the thread title isnt exactly what he said here. Obama basically said that the Trump embodied the flashy parts of the American Dream. The one that gets sold to everybody that gets people convinced they're always that close to being the next millionaire..and that attitude definitely exists within hip hop. So on that he's not wrong. The problem is there's a huge gap in time between the image of Trump alot of people had in hip hop before he ran in 2016. So there was plenty of time for hip hop to divorce itself from the "I'm up like Trump" shit alot of rappers spit while he kept showing the world who he really is. Obama's reasoning only accounts for hip hops initial embracing of Trump but not why niggas continue to support him beyond the early 2010s

If the reasoning for dismissing the money given to HBCU'S is because they arent 100% Black only schools then you're always going to dismiss it because no school is 100% black. And that's just being nitpicky for no reason. If the vast majority of people to benefit were Black people then you can't say it didn't help out simply because you want to to exclude others. So unless you about to go full Umar Johnson and try and start up a school that only educates Black students then using that as a point of contention just makes it seem as if you're going out of your way to find something wrong. Like I said there's plenty to criticize Obama on but that one got a shaky foundation

I agree with Obama to a point. That being most of the black people I’ve seen/known who supported Trump aren’t swayed by money solely cuz of the “hip hop” lifestyle. It’s just cuz... well fuck it’s money. You don’t have to like a particular music genre to like money. He didn’t have to put it in that context. There’s a pocket of well to do Black people who see Trump and see “success” & want to feel like they’re getting their “piece” of the pie. Despite what another 4 years of him could of done to us as a whole. Now that Trump about to be outta office I wanna see these negroes try to tap dance their way out of the wrong side of history.

Last edited:
I'm an HBCU alum too. And it's actually less than 40M.

The insult i speak of is listed that 4B as if it's some great progress for black people.

Howard has a great donor base? Good for them. So that <40M is nice excess. For other schools, not so much.

And for the umpteenth time, HBCUs are not exclusively black institutions, even if the majority of them are majority black. So why are we still talking about HBCUs and the MBK project when the question has always been "What has Obama done for blacks specifically?"

He told you out of his own mouth that his specufic solution for black people is to not give black people anything specifically. And yall are actually arguing against it. Good lord lol
This the disconnect, then.

How could there be ANY program to help black people ONLY, when we are all integrated into society? HBCUs are not exclusively black, but they are MAJORITY black. How can Obama be penalized for that when 75%+ of the enrollment of those institutions are black?

That's like saying I have a class of 30 kids, and 2 of them aren't black, so anything I did for the whole class didn't exclusively help black people. Sounds real obtuse and petty.

Back