Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Angel Reese Thread

It’s because the sport itself is just dead. When you see the WNBA, you should see it for what it is.

It’s a sport that’s pushed and promoted with the wrong kind of dynamics. The women don’t replicate what the men can do.

No explosive athletes, no physical charisma, skilled but not really the best of the best worldwide. They have no physical freaks of nature. The game is too slow. So when I read you say they got women who transcend the sport? No, because most people don’t look towards Diana and Sue for anything. It’s honestly a culmination of their P-Envy and how much people who pull strings want their to continue to be this back and forth gender war argument
The championship game just did 12 million and all the games broadcasted on ESPN were up year over year.

Do you remember the year the championship game featured Britney griner vs Skylar diggins? Such a Lm easy to market game: David vs Goliath. Now they play on the same team with Diana Taurasi and you wouldn't even know it from the advertising WNBA does.

If WNBA had any sense they'd capitalize on this Caitlin vs Angel narrative the moment they both hit the league. It is literally the same exact story as Magic vs Bird which revolutionized the NBA. But history says they'll miss the boat. Ironically they'll miss it to promote women's empowerment instead, when in actuality the best way to empower women would be to promote them as stars.

Genetic Trauma is a real psychological term. It doesn't pertain to literal genetics, but it does mean that we pass this shit down from generation to generation.
Right, the jest is its literally genetic based on how emotional niggas act. Man's cussed me out 5 minutes ago for his Folks

"Yesterday's price is not today's price"

The championship game just did 12 million and all the games broadcasted on ESPN were up year over year.

Do you remember the year the championship game featured Britney griner vs Skylar diggins? Such a Lm easy to market game: David vs Goliath. Now they play on the same team with Diana Taurasi and you wouldn't even know it from the advertising WNBA does.

If WNBA had any sense they'd capitalize on this Caitlin vs Angel narrative the moment they both hit the league. It is literally the same exact story as Magic vs Bird which revolutionized the NBA. But history says they'll miss the boat. Ironically they'll miss it to promote women's empowerment instead, when in actuality the best way to empower women would be to promote them as stars.

The black and white dynamic is very very very very very powerful. Hence why you see so much vitriol. It’s harmful and hurtful to their pride. Which is why on Friday they had Caitlyn being called the Clapback queen on ESPN. Then Angel is castigated heavily For them doing the same thing.

The point of her shit talking is getting lost on people. Angel knew that there was a chance for Caitlyn to talk trash to her and LSU since she’s been doing it, so people acting like it’s shocking for Angel to do the same.

What happens with UFC, is what happens with many other sports. These individuals that run the show realize that black men are too talented to be left out. They see that BM have a certain level of skill, ability, athleticism, as well as physical charisma. So the white men that run the show would prefer the players be white, but they can’t really compete at the highest levels.

Even when you muddy the waters and do shit like add in ground and pound, it still isn’t enough.
Ok I can understand your point

It’s because the sport itself is just dead. When you see the WNBA, you should see it for what it is.

It’s a sport that’s pushed and promoted with the wrong kind of dynamics. The women don’t replicate what the men can do.

No explosive athletes, no physical charisma, skilled but not really the best of the best worldwide. They have no physical freaks of nature. The game is too slow. So when I read you say they got women who transcend the sport? No, because most people don’t look towards Diana and Sue for anything. It’s honestly a culmination of their P-Envy and how much people who pull strings want their to continue to be this back and forth gender war argument
All I was questioning was saying they lack star power. They're not lacking stars, just a product they can't properly promote.

And help me out here, we're you saying that overall WNBA doesn't have star power or that there isn't star power really for the white players?

Elso had said them two transcend the sport, I agreed because in many ways they've been that face, that representation of the WNBA... but they don't have the full machine properly pushing them

Last edited:
All I was questioning was saying they lack star power. They not lacking stars, just a product that can properly promote them.

And help me out here, we're you saying that overall WNBA doesn't have star power or that there isn't star power really for the white players?

Elso had said them two transcend the sport, I agreed because in many ways they've been that face, that representation of the WNBA... but they don't have the full machine properly pushing them

They might be the technical face of it, but the machine isn’t pushing them because they’re not really moving the needle. What exactly compels people to watch the game???

I was saying they don’t have overall star power and compelling white stars.

I agree with this. They have two upcoming superstars that could take em to the next level... but I doubt they market it right. We'll probably hear more about women's rights and why the wnba should get paid more....I thought Tea Cooper was extremely marketable for the wnba but it never came to be.... then she got cut and was out of the league...

It's really not that confusing. It's more confusing why some people would think a "metropolitan area" would encompass two entire states and not just a small area between them.

Abnd the thing is nobody out side northern va and the md part close to DC wants to be called that lol. Cuz last thing you want to do is act like we just latching on

It's only confusing cuz of DC.

DC is a city without a state by definition.

But if you live/work/school in DC, you learn really quick that the surrounding counties.... though they're technically different states... They're still a part of that whole DC metropolitan. Which is why it's called the DMV ( DC + the surrounding counties in MD and VA)

The counties in the DMV area are very adjacent and heavily traveled back n forth to DC. The subways and buses have stops in those countries.

Now when you go further up into MD
Or deeper into VA you get to areas that don't share that.

For example Baltimore has it's own surrounding counties that aren't in that DMV area..... Same with The Hampton roads part of VA.... Those areas are very very, like hours away from the locale people are directly referring to when they say DMV

nobody is talking about Baltimore or Western MD or the Eastern shore when they refer to DMV. They talking about DC

It's only confusing cuz of DC.

DC is a city without a state by definition.

But if you live/work/school in DC, you learn really quick that the surrounding counties.... though they're technically different states... They're still a part of that whole DC metropolitan. Which is why it's called the DMV ( DC + the surrounding counties in MD and VA)

The counties in the DMV area are very adjacent and heavily traveled back n forth to DC. The subways and buses have stops in those countries.

Now when you go further up into MD
Or deeper into VA you get to areas that don't share that.

For example Baltimore has it's own surrounding counties that aren't in that DMV area..... Same with The Hampton roads part of VA.... Those areas are very very, like hours away from the locale people are directly referring to when they say DMV

nobody is talking about Baltimore or Western MD or the Eastern shore when they refer to DMV. They talking about DC

An easier way is to say...if you can't catch the WMATA (DC Metro) to where you're going then you're outside the DMV. DC, PG, Montgomery County, and whatever the hell Dulles Airport stops at is the furthest the DMV stretches.

I think the first lady comments were taken outta context but I have no problem with AR response tho she silly for not accepting the WH invite lol

Hopefully she has a change of heart before the trip is scheduled🤷🏿‍♂️

Back