Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black folks really feel like we are treated last, that's not a mentality, that's the majority of our ppl's reality... You can say this that and the 3rd but if people do not feel that what ya you say is true then that is the existence... in order for change one must acknowledge the feelings of those that are feeling slighted, especially when there is such a long list of broken promises from history. It's like being in a relationship if your girl says she doesn't feel loved or cared for by you and you tell her she's don't instead of trying to reassure her... well that relationship is going to be doomed to fail . It would be one thing if the issues were simply insecurity but that's not the case here because it's been occurring over a stretch period of time, not some here or there type situation.

To say a people is doing great and they're saying we're not comes off like how Donald Trump Jr was saying we can't want it more than you or Mitch McConnell saying the blacks have it pretty good ya got a black president or Ran Paul saying the lynching bill is over the top. Blackhawks to say when I could overhear and I say don't be maisie or it's in your head or enough has been done for you all.

I never said that we are doing great

I said that we have to stop putting ourselves in last place in society when we are in fact not in last place in this society

You keep saying a lot of Black people feel like we are in last place

Okay. That doesn't make them right just because they feel that way. We aren't in last place.

Last edited:
Are we not an emotional ppl in the first place... quick to anger, joy, and sadness... etc

Continuing to feel as if your people who are not in last place in your society are in last place in your society is the coup de grace to being emotionally when it comes to the state of your people

I never said that we are doing great

I said that we have to start putting ourselves in last place in society when we are in fact not in last place in this society

You keep saying a lot of Black people feel like we are in last place

Okay. That doesn't make them right just because they feel that way. We aren't in last place.
I wasn't saying you, I'm saying this is the perception and as far as thinking, what I'm talking about has nothing to do with thinking and every bit of a focus on the emotional aspect, the analogy of a relationship I wrote in the prior post, does it not hold semblance?

A vaccine takes 18 to 24 months with the trial in everything to be developed if I'm not mistaking... this would be a great deal faster

No it wouldn't

Mass distribution is still months away

Like summer of 2021 away

The odds of anyone on this site who lives in America actually getting the vaccine that we are talking about before June 2021 are less than 1%

The vaccine being promising only means that there's positive headway

It doesn't mean that niggas are about to be pulling up to CVS to get a shot by Easter

Also development for COVID-19 vaccines started in February. The first developmental vaccine trials in The United States started in March 2020.

All the news today meant was that there's light at the end of the tunnel. The train is still miles and miles away though. Like a whole ass spring and summer away.

Continuing to feel as if your people who are not in last place in your society are in last place in your society is the coup de grace to being emotionally when it comes to the state of your people
But that is our people and at some point it may be better to deal with our ppl on that end rather than constantly trying to only at rare times appeal to their pragmatic side.

Hell the Dems typically only come from an emotional aspect with us and not really the pragmatic and republicans always hit us with pragmatic and never the emotional at least to me, very very very interesting thought

I wasn't saying you, I'm saying this is the perception and as far as thinking, what I'm talking about has nothing to do with thinking and every bit of a focus on the emotional aspect, the analogy of a relationship I wrote in the prior post, does it not hold semblance?

I understand what you're saying

I'm saying that we (Black People) allow emotion to factor in too heavily when we talk about these things

It's one of the biggest reasons we have divisions amongst our own people

Emotions

Men vs Women

Men vs LGBTQ

Old vs Young

Broke vs Rich

Educated vs Uneducated

All of those disagreements in the Black community are rooted in emotion

Mainly emotions that we should actually have for our oppressors but we mostly reserve for our own selves

It's sad and disappointing

No it wouldn't

Mass distribution is still months away

Like summer of 2021 away

The odds of anyone on this site who lives in America actually getting the vaccine that we are talking about before June 2021 are less than 1%

The vaccine being promising only means that there's positive headway

It doesn't mean that niggas are about to be pulling up to CVS to get a shot by Easter

Also development for COVID-19 vaccines started in February. The first developmental vaccine trials in The United States started in March 2020.

All the news today meant was that there's light at the end of the tunnel. The train is still miles and miles away though. Like a whole ass spring and summer away.
I dig, though June would be 3 to 9 months short of that 18 to 24 time period

I understand what you're saying

I'm saying that we (Black People) allow emotion to factor in too heavily when we talk about these things

It's one of the biggest reasons we have divisions amongst our own people

Emotions

Men vs Women

Men vs LGBTQ

Old vs Young

Broke vs Rich

Educated vs Uneducated

All of those disagreements in the Black community are rooted in emotion

Mainly emotions that we should actually have for our oppressors but we mostly reserve for our own selves

It's sad and disappointing
Oppressors instilled division amongst us a long time ago and it remains perpetual, hard for the divided to battle the united... And our emotions along with our logic/thinking is what helped us survive, strive, and thrive this long...

But that goes back to my question of how long will black folks have to dumb down their emotions before they are taken serious as a group and not pieces that fit into other groups

Last edited:
I dig, though June would be 3 to 9 months short of that 18 to 24 time period

There's also more than one vaccine being developed

There's also not going to be a single vaccine that gets developed in one place

For example,

The vaccine in development for Pfizer is being made in 3 different location

One in Missouri for distributions throughout all of North America

Two in Germany for distribution in Europe and The rest of the Eastern Hemisphere

Oppressors instilled division amongst us a long time ago and it remains perpetual, hard for the divided to battle the united... And our emotions along with our logic/thinking is what helped us survive, strive, and thrive this long

That same emotion is just as responsible for holding us back

It's like having a very loving, caring, but overprotective ass parent

It's good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back