Welcome To aBlackWeb

The 2020 Presidential Election Thread: Joe Biden is the 46th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like when people talk about a black agenda, they want it to be only black. And even if it helps blacks, but also helps others, then it’s no good.

Can’t something help all people of color or do we not like it because it doesn’t only help us?

Should we turn away good policy that’s advantageous to us because it’s also advantageous to others?

And should we dismiss people that say they’ll help us and others?

Do other groups include us in their shit?

Did other groups suffer over 400 years of slavery, murder, rape and systemic oppression like we have?

So why should we settle for some rising tide stuff when they've been touting that for years and its done us no good. Meanwhile, other groups have gotten theirs exclusively.

We have a right to monetary and resource compensation for the injustice they placed upon our ppl.

I feel like when people talk about a black agenda, they want it to be only black. And even if it helps blacks, but also helps others, then it’s no good.

Can’t something help all people of color or do we not like it because it doesn’t only help us?

Should we turn away good policy that’s advantageous to us because it’s also advantageous to others?

Yes.

And that people of color, minority shit is the problem

We are black people, period.

We need to prioritize black people exclusively

sir stfu lmaooo like just stop

niggas dying left and right and your pussy footing around

go vote so you can get back to shutting tf up and doing nothing for your ppl

Lol, must have struck a nerve

I agree that we need a black agenda. And it should be for black people. And it should be supported and politicians should say they support a black agenda.

What I see a lot of times though, is that if it benefits anyone else, even if it was meant for blacks, then it has to be dismissed as missing the mark.

And sometimes, to get something passed, politicians can’t say it’s part of a black agenda, because like it or not, the majority of politicians won’t pass black specific policies. So some policies, though not black specific, will help blacks.

Absolutely correct

Obama was the ultimate symbolic nothing burger we all ate up

Yesterday bro said I bet yall don't even like Obama and acted like nostradamus when we proved him right

Then.... I came back with a soundbite from Obamas mouth saying he got put in position BECAUSE he wasn't about to do shit for us.....

Crickets

sir stfu lmaooo like just stop

niggas dying left and right and your pussy footing around

go vote so you can get back to shutting tf up and doing nothing for your ppl
First off miss, you don’t know me so you don’t know wtf I do or don’t do for my people. So miss me with your internet insults.

Now if you’d like to have an honest conversation and think past your 140-character philosophical insights, then we can do that. Otherwise, why don’t you stfu and try to get expand your thinking beyond just being anti.

I agree that we need a black agenda. And it should be for black people. And it should be supported and politicians should say they support a black agenda.

What I see a lot of times though, is that if it benefits anyone else, even if it was meant for blacks, then it has to be dismissed as missing the mark.

And sometimes, to get something passed, politicians can’t say it’s part of a black agenda, because like it or not, the majority of politicians won’t pass black specific policies. So some policies, though not black specific, will help blacks.

everybody is more free when Black ppl are

idk who you're talking to, besides yourself, but prison reform/abolishment, community initiatives, programs for social uplift/ cash bail/ less police intervention/interactions, lessening food disparities/ higher wages, etc ... helps everybody. i dont know of a “Black agenda” that is not about ending this police state which is harming all of us across racial and socioeconomic lines

now ask yourself will the ppl youre pledging your votes to, accomplish these things?

ill answer for you...

no.

everybody is more free when Black ppl are

idk who you're talking to, besides yourself, but prison reform/abolishment, community initiatives, programs for social uplift/ cash bail/ less police intervention/interactions, higher wages, ... helps everybody. idk no “Black agenda” that is not about ending this police state that is harming all of us across racial and socioeconomic lines

now ask yourself will the ppl youre pledging your votes to, accomplish these things?

ill answer for you...

no.
And with this you prove my point. So it doesn’t have to be stated to be a black agenda to help blacks. Defund the police is a direct response to what’s happening to us. It will also help others though. And it doesn’t have to be for blacks only. So when a politician says they want to help people of color or all people, we benefit as well.

All I’m saying is don’t reject the benefit.

And if whom I vote for will do it, that’s yet to be seen. But I know who won’t.

its niggas that do 0 in the community always yapping and barking about voting. of course you have faith in a dying system and candidates that dont have your best interest in mind, you wont have to deal with the outcome of their polices.

middle to upper class Blacks are more conservative than they care to admit anyway. thats why youre ok with chanting “lock up the police that killed breonna taylor” and turning right around and voting for a prosecutor that protected killer cops lmaoooo

i mean just say youre only a dem because of the overt racism of the repub party, because there are few differences between the two.

I just want to add a thought too. That whatever our stance I hope my black people understand too we can be unapologetically black and all, that’s fine, but just don’t be so black that you no longer standing for what’s true and what’s correct. I’m not with that. Whether it’s whites black or whatever.

And with this you prove my point. So it doesn’t have to be stated to be a black agenda to help blacks. Defund the police is a direct response to what’s happening to us. It will also help others though. And it doesn’t have to be for blacks only. So when a politician says they want to help people of color or all people, we benefit as well.

All I’m saying is don’t reject the benefit.

And if whom I vote for will do it, that’s yet to be seen. But I know who won’t.

what benefit are you talking about?

also after 300yrs+ of being tortured and abused, asking for policies that will protect us and ensure our upward mobility is asking for too much?

the nerve of you lmaooo

i hope to be this willfully obtuse one day

its niggas that do 0 in the community always yapping and barking about voting. of course you have faith in a dying system and candidates that dont have your best interest in mind, you wont have to deal with the outcome of their polices.

middle to upper class Blacks are more conservative than they care to admit anyway. thats why youre ok with chanting “lock up the police that killed breonna taylor” and turning right around and voting for a prosecutor that protected killer cops lmaoooo

i mean just say youre only a dem because of the overt racism of the repub party, because there are few differences between the two.
Some people can do both. I know that’s hard to imagine, but it’s possible.

what benefit are you talking about?

also after 300yrs+ of being tortured and abused, asking for policies that will protect us and ensure our upward mobility is asking for too much?

the nerve of you lmaooo

i hope to be this willfully obtuse one day
Where did you get that I said that would be too much? The benefit I’m talking about is from defunding the police.

See its this thinking that keeps us in this situation

Why is it that the majority of politicians wont pass black agendas?

Because they don't have to

Not long ago you would never hear a politician champion gay rights. Now, you'll never hear a politician say the WONT.

And I aint mad at them for getting on code and demanding their agenda be passed. Every other group has followed suit.

So why are we still sitting around belaboring this topic and being scared to demand whats owed?

pretty sure you dont do anything but vote

community workers dont talk like this trust and believe
Cause every community worker you know don’t vote, right?

What I am is practical. All the ideological shit you spew gets absolutely nothing done outside of the shit you touch personally.

You feeding men fish, I’m teaching them how to fish and making sure to put people in power that control the fishing licenses.

See its this thinking that keeps us in this situation

Why is it that the majority of politicians wont pass black agendas?

Because they don't have to

Not long ago you would never hear a politician champion gay rights. Now, you'll never hear a politician say the WONT.

And I aint mad at them for getting on code and demanding their agenda be passed. Every other group has followed suit.

So why are we still sitting around belaboring this topic and being scared to demand whats owed?
Nobody said we shouldn’t demand it. Got damn, y’all stop saying this.

But don’t act like there’s not some racist ass mufuckas in America who will not pass a black agenda. And a lot of them are in positions of power cause y’all niggas won’t vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back