Welcome To aBlackWeb

This would be a good plan if this was a down year for qbs

Cause yes...Eli does need a line....however...I still think he already started his physical decline....

Yall might as well draft his replacement

You can get good oline in the 2-4th rounds

I get that, I just think this season showed how hollowed the roster is. Especially the oline. I think trading back might still allow them to get a top tier OLinemen in the top 10 and get extra picks for other needs, like linebackers and possibly CB. Also more DL depth. Either way they NEED to walk out of this draft with at least 2-3 DRAFTED OLinemen.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/01/vernon_shazier_speaks_ryan_shazier.html

Ryan Shazier has feeling in his legs, father says

The father of Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier spoke to WPXI about his son's recovery for a segment that aired Thursday, the one-month anniversary of Ryan's spinal injury.

Vernon Shazier said Ryan now has feeling in his legs, but that wasn't the case immediately following his Week 13 injury. Vernon received a phone call from Ryan just minutes after his wife informed him of Ryan's injury.

"He said, 'Daddy, pray for me. I can't feel my legs,'" Vernon said.

Vernon declined to comment on whether Ryan was walking, saying he didn't want to go into detail.

"He's much better," Vernon said, "but we've agreed to keep his progress private until he's ready to share where he's at."

Ryan was hospitalized after delivering a hit just more than three minutes into the Steelers' eventual win against the Cincinnati Bengals. He grabbed for his back after falling to the ground at Paul Brown Stadium, but didn't move his legs. He was carted off the field on a stretcher.

"When your child is laying there in a situation like this, I was hoping and wishing I could switch positions with him," Vernon said.

Ryan was hospitalized in Cincinnati for two days before returning to Pittsburgh. He underwent spinal stabilization surgery at UPMC under the care of team physicians Drs. David Okonwo and Joseph Maroon.

"He's making progress daily," Vernon said. "He's a long ways from where he was Monday night when he was laying on the field."

Ryan watched the Steelers' final two regular season home games against the New England Patriots and the Cleveland Browns from a suite at Heinz Field. He was also seen in a wheelchair at the Steelers' practice facility on Dec. 23.

Asked if he thought Ryan would play football again, Vernon said yes.

"I Shalieve," he said. "I Shalieve."

'Shalieve' has been used as a statement of support since Ryan's injury.

"When he went down," Vernon said, "all of us went down with him."

We should draft Rashasn Evans if hes still there...

Even if Ryan does play again...after an injury like that...your never the same

I thought this right when the jimmy g trade happened, that maybe the pats woulda been better off trading brady n resigning jimmy g. That woulda been the true patriot way. Trade him a year before he falls off. I bet they coulda got 2 1st rd picks for brady. It woulda been the perfect setup for the next 10 years.

I thought this right when the jimmy g trade happened, that maybe the pats woulda been better off trading brady n resigning jimmy g. That woulda been the true patriot way. Trade him a year before he falls off. I bet they coulda got 2 1st rd picks for brady. It woulda been the perfect setup for the next 10 years.
Def woulda been the Patriot way...but they dont call him Teflon Tom for nothing

Does Jimmy G look that good?

I haven’t watched a game but 7 TDs 5 INTs ain’t impressive. He was winning though

Does Jimmy G look that good?

I haven’t watched a game but 7 TDs 5 INTs ain’t impressive. He was winning though

I have watched him play. IMO he passes the "eye test", he looks like the real deal.

But still its only 5 gms. And the true test will be next year, when NFL defenses study his gm film, if he is still able to ball out.

Just read the report...

All I can say is damn...

giphy.gif

the raiders are a good example of what a team looks like when they lack vision of what/who they want to be

this the same dude on record saying he told his TB players what to do on defense to defeat the raiders in the SB, and they just welcome him with open arms

the NFL has a coach retread problem. Im not saying they should look to college more b/c we've seen bad examples of that, but they are so scared to give other coaches a chance that they will settle for retreads that have shown they arent that much better

Gruden living off that one super bowl where he had tony dungys players, Hasnt coached since 2008 and get this big contract? Ok then

Jon Gruden and Gary Kubiak resumes damn near identical

.522 win pct Kub
.541 win pct JG

One SB

Lol guess having a dope scowl goes a long way

Back