Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tattoos.

Yeah, Hunter S. Thompson was the author of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. That was Hunter's first major story of Gonzo Journalism.

The story goes:

Hunter was writing for sports illustrated magazine and was given the assignment of covering the Kentucky Derby (back in the 60's sometime.). Gonzo Journalism is covering a story, but writing it in the first person. So instead of writing about the Kentucky Derby and the race, what Hunter did was write a story about his personal experience at the kentucky derby. He briefly talked about the race, the rest of the article was explaining driving to Las Vegas and doing all his drugs and his experiences before and after the race.

Sports Illustrated only wanted a page or two story of the Kentucky Derby. When Hunter turned in his story, it was a novel's worth of material. They of course fired Hunter, but Rolling Stone caught wind of Hunter's story and ended up publishing it in their magazine over several issues. The story ended up blowing up and he released it as a book then eventually had his friends adapt it into a film.

Hunter went on to be a big time writer and was even hired by Sports Illustrated several times after being fired by them haha. Most of his writing after Fear and Loathing was all Political stuff. He has a book called "Fear and Loathing... On the Campaign Trail" that follows the 1972 presidential campaign that is really good. The book itself is a collection of articles that were published in Rolling Stone magazine.
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas is one of my besties favorite movie. She's tried to get me to watch it with her soon many times and I just don't get it. Its lile when i try to get people tl watch donnie darko and they just side eye me. But she never explained all that to me. Thats a story worth telling, I wonder if she knows?! Lol, ima ask her.. And thanks for sharing :)

Great...now I got the Tetris theme music stuck in my head.

THANKS KP!!

I have four right now, I want a sleeve so I'm thinking of ideas for that. Two hand tats, 1 on my wrist, and one on my shoulder. Fun Fact: all my tats are/will be on the right side of my body.

I have 11 and I hate the majority of them.
I would date a dude with tattoos
professional neck tats are so sexy on men.

Bretheren @ Cain went out with superwoman or atleast the biggest Superman fan I have seen in a while. Do you have any body art that some my fine misplaced or even crazy?

I have none. I almost got a full blown Yakuza-type dragon on my back, chest, and arms when I was about 24-25. The cost, time, and sheer amount of pain involved put an end to that line of thinking.

A chick that has one or two tats in an inconspicuous spot would be aiight, but I wouldn't be fuckin with a chick with a bazillion random ass tats and damned sure not if she got 5 or 6 niggas names tatted on her.

Back