Welcome To aBlackWeb

Talib Kweli and Noname Have Tense Exchange Over Harassment Accusations

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
Talib Kweli and Noname engaged in a back-and-forth on social media this past weekend over the harassment allegations the Black Star member received last year. The exchange began after Kweli called Noname out for comparing him to Tory Lanez after he was accused of harassing a Twitter user who accused him of colorism.

"Last year the rapper No Name compared me to Tory Lanez because she took the word of some stranger on the internet that I 'harass black women nonstop,'" Kweli wrote. "No Name is far from the only prominent person who fell for this. Because I defended myself, my family and other hiphop artists families, I was compared to someone who allegedly shot a black woman. I've never shot anyone. This morning, I was compared to R Kelly because of this. I've never raped anyone. But after seeing that R Kelly comparison, I thought, what would a person have to ignore and forget about me to believe that I was capable of such behavior?"

When Noname was made aware of Kweli's post, she claimed she never compared him to Tory Lanez before doubling down on the accusation that "he was harassing a black woman online for like 3 weeks and myself and other women called that s*** out."

She also commented on Kweli's Instagram post and wrote, "I never called you tory lanez. Don't lie on my name it's really uncalled for."

Kweli responded by posting a screenshot of the post Kweli was referencing. Noname posted the tweet around the time of the alleged shooting between Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion and mentioned Kweli while speaking on the incident.

"Why is No Name lying tho?" Kweli asked in his caption. "So she can lie and tell her supporters that I harassed a black woman for weeks, offer NO proof of this lie, cite not one source for proof? But I can't mention that she lied on me while chastising Black men for allegedly not speaking up about Tory Lanez? She purposefully tried to portray me as an enabler of violence against Black women. I was a fan of this artist. That’s starting to change."

Following Kweli's exchange with Noname, his accuser Maya Moody tweeted that she's still getting harassed by the rapper and his fans.

"Talib Kweli is still publicly stalking, harassing, slandering and lying on me on every single platform at his disposal both on and offline," Moody wrote. "It has almost been a full year straight. I am still receiving death, rape and human trafficking threats from his fans everyday. 303 days."

video_image-485596.jpg
video_image-485593.jpg

video_image-485592.jpg

video_image-485595.jpg

Nah

I saw the exchange when it happened Talib is whole fucking nut. He was definitely harassing and cyberflexing on old girl.

And if that's the quote that set him off..... he may need mental help. I read that and I don't pick up the same meaning he gathered from it. It's not a Tory Lanez comparison at all.

Last edited:
3x I heard Noname and only once has music been associated with it....
The other 2 times it was about J Cole's music and then a soundtrack that she wasn't even on.

I would be happy to never see this Hyde Park hack's name again. Always some negative drama involving black men who give her way more attention than she deserves.

noname, politics wise, is one of the brightest artist out there.

while all these rappers are shying away from speaking on some real shit, noname drops gems on the daily.

Back