Welcome To aBlackWeb

T-Pain goes on rant about new rappers

15 years ago nas said

"Everybody sounds the same, commercialized the game, reminiscing when it's wasn't bout business "

And I too thought hip hop was dead.

But that year gave us Lupe, boosie and other diverse rappers

New york rap was still hot and had their own sound

Bars were still a thing and you had to be nice

I throughly enjoyed finding new rap music until like 2009-10.

When everyone started dickriding kendrick like he was the best to ever do it, I knew it was a wrap.

Dude was dope, but the rap game was so trash that he was over praised.

Everyone else sounded retarded

He is right tho. Somebody gotta say it (but I'm sure plenty have said it), but I just hate these PC old artist like Fat Joe that scared to say "I'm not feeling today's music". Just keep it real at the end of the day. It's messed up that we live in a time that you can't express how you feel about something without being called a hater....Cordae is a new generational rapper that is dope tho

Most of today's music is microwave music. I seriously don't think in the next 20 years that people are going to be listening to a Blac Youngsta album. Like @KINGEC said, back then you can hear a beat and tell who produced it. You can tell where a rapper was from by their dialect and slang. For the most part, rappers had their own flow and style. Artist were more passionate too. If they feel they were about to be featured or getting a feature, or if they were in the group then they wanted to show whoever on the song that they was going to have the best verse on the song. Quite honestly, biting someone style was look down on. I like my music to be original. When you hear BG or Juvenile, then it make you feel that you was in 3rd ward Magnolia, head over to Memphis and Pat will give you that Memphis sound, go to New York and Mobb Deep had that sound and dialect that you are in New York. The great thing about all of this is that, all these artists were on the radio at the same time. Back when the radio was diverse

The other day, one of my home boys told me that this local girl artist was dope and that I need to give her a listen. I heard a few songs and nothing stood out, nothing appealed from her. It sounded like the same ol microwave music with the same ol flow

Last edited:
LLS T-Pain never needed autotune or whatever he used. The nigga can actually fucking sing. He said he used that to be different and separate himself from other R&B artists trying to get on.

Now niggas hating cause it worked very well for him so much so that others copied his shit and fucked it up.

T-Pain good in my book.

Back