Welcome To aBlackWeb

T-Pain goes on rant about new rappers

@Mister P was a hustler not a rapper, he didn't care about quality that's why he would fucking moan on every song and put out 3 projects a month. The business was great, the music was poor

I watched Ps doc on BET and he even said "I can make a hit in 15 minutes". Imagine Dr Dre saying that. Even Ps inhouse production company was called beats by the pound, once again prioritizing quantity over quality and it showed

None of no limit music is TIMELESS like cash moneys cuz Fresh was all about quality. That's why cash money has hip hop anthems that are played everyday on radio and in clubs and "bling bling" is mainstream slang. DJs ain't spinnin make em say uuuuughh in 2021.. or even 2 years after it dropped. No limit shit ages badly

I'm telling niggas Master P single handily opened the door for the trash we see today in hip hop

A lot of these rappers lack imagination and creativity , the lane for a new refreshing sound in Rap music is badly needed.

People will have to listen to Underground/Foreign Hip-Hop for something new and fresh, which means turning off the Radio and listening to Podcasts and BBC/UK Pirated Radio (RinseFM). It's not that hard to find alternatives these Days.

Did TP steal your girl or something? Autotune is not a mainstay of rap. Never has been. Maybe just the radio garbage you listen to. Expand your musical tastes.

This NIgga called him TP.

:hahaha:

If Pain was a musician and didn’t rely on Autotune to carry him so much, it wouldn’t be seen as such a crutch.
What are you expecting? Rappers to be producers and engineers? Singers to be writers and musicians? Very few do those things. Stop projecting your desires on these artists.
Both of you need to check the credits on Pain's albums. He produced damn near all the songs on his first 3 albums, and then parts of his others.

@Mister P was a hustler not a rapper, he didn't care about quality that's why he would fucking moan on every song and put out 3 projects a month. The business was great, the music was poor

I watched Ps doc on BET and he even said "I can make a hit in 15 minutes". Imagine Dr Dre saying that. Even Ps inhouse production company was called beats by the pound, once again prioritizing quantity over quality and it showed

None of no limit music is TIMELESS like cash moneys cuz Fresh was all about quality. That's why cash money has hip hop anthems that are played everyday on radio and in clubs and "bling bling" is mainstream slang. DJs ain't spinnin make em say uuuuughh in 2021.. or even 2 years after it dropped. No limit shit ages badly

I'm telling niggas Master P single handily opened the door for the trash we see today in hip hop

if you don't be outside at the functions jus say that

:hahaha:

No one used it the way he did.

It didn't even have a name, he heard it on the darkchild remix for J. Lo song and looked for the sound for 2 years and worked on his craft and perfected it.

He can actually sing.

He brought it in to mainstream and made it hot.

Show me one R&B that was doing T-Pain before him.

That Netflix show "This Is Pop", they mentioned how autotune was a something the music industry never discussed openly. One of the industry's best kept secret.

Labels was using it but didn't talk about it. I think when Cher did "Do You Believe" is when it sorta hit mainstream...but they still kept it under wraps.

T-Pain was the 1st one openly use autotune. Pretty much pulling back the curtain. Like Busta said...the brotha can truly sing.

Both of you need to check the credits on Pain's albums. He produced damn near all the songs on his first 3 albums, and then parts of his others.

Facts. Not just his...other artists.

But he was speaking Facts. He has folks submit their songs to his Discord, and he goes thru them and critiques them. That's where that rant came from.

I can say about 65% of songs he plays all sound the sane. And he only plays a minute....if that.

Last edited:
Back