Welcome To aBlackWeb

T-Pain goes on rant about new rappers

Been saying this for idk how long. I honestly don't know how these kids ain't tired of music today. If it ain't the radio playing the same 5 songs in rotation with some of those songs lasting a year or 2 on the radio, then it's these artist sounding the same making the same music.

Same goes for these producers/beatmakers. Back then you were able to hear a beat and know who produced the track by their sound/style. Now you got about a million producers sounding like 1. Same drums, snares, 808s, drops etc. and the only way to tell who produced what is by their tags in the beat.

Did TP steal your girl or something? Autotune is not a mainstay of rap. Never has been. Maybe just the radio garbage you listen to. Expand your musical tastes.
…..

Autotune is STILL being used in rap, and has been for the last 15 years.

By the way: I PLAY musical instruments: Brass - Trumpet, French Horn, Mellophone, and Baritone. Fuck that Vocoder shit. It’s for fake musicians.

Play a REAL instrument, then come back.

Been saying this for idk how long. I honestly don't know how these kids ain't tired of music today. If it ain't the radio playing the same 5 songs in rotation with some of those songs lasting a year or 2 on the radio, then it's these artist sounding the same making the same music.

Same goes for these producers/beatmakers. Back then you were able to hear a beat and know who produced the track by their sound/style. Now you got about a million producers sounding like 1. Same drums, snares, 808s, drops etc. and the only way to tell who produced what is by their tags in the beat.
To add to this. Long gone are the days of artists locked in with one or two producers.

Its been about the money and clout.

…..

By the way: I PLAY musical instruments: Brass - Trumpet, French Horn, Mellophone, and Baritone. Fuck that Vocoder shit. It’s for fake musicians.

TP brought variety to the genre. Nothing wrong with that. People copied him. So what? I say again, autotune is NOT a mainstay of rap, meaning rappers have to use it to make a hit. They don't. And no one cares about you playing live instruments. Only a few rappers have been successful at that. Go study some music sheets or something.

bye-felicia.gif

…..

Might play instruments but you don't know the difference between autotune, vocoder and a talkbox.

They all wack to me. They only person I give any real credit to for use of a talkbox device is Roger Troutman of the band Zapp. He was a great keyboardist, that just enhanced his musical acumen with the talkbox.

If Pain was a musician and didn’t rely on Autotune to carry him so much, it wouldn’t be seen as such a crutch.

They all wack to me. They only person I give any real credit to for use of a talkbox device is Roger Troutman of the band Zapp. He was a great keyboardist, that just enhanced his musical acumen with the talkbox.

If Pain was a musician and didn’t rely on Autotune to carry him so much, it wouldn’t be seen as such a crutch.

What are you expecting? Rappers to be producers and engineers? Singers to be writers and musicians? Very few do those things. Stop projecting your desires on these artists.

To add to this. Long gone are the days of artists locked in with one or two producers.

This kinda a myth.

There were some underground artists and small labels that couldn't really afford multiple producers. Then there was some artists that were signed to labels with in house producers in. No Limit, Cash Money. And you had some acts who had producers that were also apart of the act, Wu, UGK,NWA,Tribe.

But there was plenty of artists that had multiple producers.

The artists we grew up on, actually cared about the art form.

I’m trying to figure out what was original about T Pain? Was it that he wasn’t afraid to use auto tune openly, while other singers tried to hide it?
No one used it the way he did.

It didn't even have a name, he heard it on the darkchild remix for J. Lo song and looked for the sound for 2 years and worked on his craft and perfected it.

He can actually sing.

He brought it in to mainstream and made it hot.

Show me one R&B that was doing T-Pain before him.

Ehhh the game been the same watered down and redundant shit since the year 2000

That's the year the south officially took over and the master p's of the world were on top

Back