Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW T.I. - The Libra (The Legend Is Back Running Atlanta)

Never seen so many people cap before a album is even out, judging the artist based on previous installments.

With that said, if you know greater details behind for example Trouble Man, Paperwork, even Dime Trap for that matter, you'd understand to some extent why these 3 albums specifically is a bit more underwhelming although Trouble Man stand the strongest.

L.I.B.R.A. is a album much better than expected for someone being 19 years at the time pushing the album out, 40 years old and actually stepping up lyrically and flow wise. Neither i as a TIP stan was expecting this delivery despite insane amounts of features.

"judging the artist based on previous installments"

yeah, that's kinda how it works.
I meant to say based on how people are commenting about it. Theres no depth to what most people said pre release of the album.

For example Nobody talks about how T.I. actually did step up in Dime Trap regarding in how he dishes out his delivery in terms of lyricism. How hes completely gone from the "Trouble Man" "Paperwork" image to more of a business related topic and so on so forth. Yes you still got that but what im saying is He evolved quite a lot. There was growth.

Not a lot of people trying to chime in with their opinion ever said any of this besides the ones i know, a very few that is. I wasnt surprised that LIBRA actually did sound good and performed better. But still above my expectations.

Youre the same guy who just added that every album after KING is trash. Everyone has a opinion at the end of the day but make it interesting, worthy at least, is my point.
Libra the only TI album worth bumping since King. Other then that he had a few cool songs here and there. TI was the man tho between I'm Serious thru King, but after that the quality was dropping. I think he ran the natural course of a artist in his prime now to a vet who mostly known for his career at the height and now for being in the mix of social media justice. I was surprised by Libra being as good as it was tho after sitting on it for a month..

Libra the only TI album worth bumping since King. Other then that he had a few cool songs here and there. TI was the man tho between I'm Serious thru King, but after that the quality was dropping. I think he ran the natural course of a artist in his prime now to a vet who mostly known for his career at the height and now for being in the mix of social media justice. I was surprised by Libra being as good as it was tho after sitting on it for a month..
Since No Mercy hes had bumps in regarding to his albums, never had his full potential to actually shine through.

No Mercy = Originally was supposed to be King Uncaged, scrapped, had a very months in 2010 to do something.

Trouble Man = Despite being actually a great album, no idea what youre talking about, from what ive been told is that He really was glad that the album got finally put out and was done with it.

Paperwork = Garbage overall. No direction of the sound. Great songs but that is what happens when conflict between Pharrell & DJ Toomp happens.

Dime Trap = Originally a 22 or 25 track album. Cut down by Epic Records. Scrapped 2 earlier versions before he got to his third because of everything that happened between end of 2015 down to 2018.

His biggest enemy has always been the obstacles hes had to face through. Alongside with it Hes been expanding his business. While Dime Trap showed growth in many aspects it still was a very unfinished product. But with LIBRA he actually had the TIME do really go through the album, refine it and come up with something and it shows.

It never really excuses anything but ever since he got screwed over on No Mercy & Trouble Man where new people got in to Atlantic Record, yeah he hasnt really had the chance to truly refine and perfect the albums the way he wanted to.

Not my problem when you guys arent able to discuss something properly. My guess would be short attention span. Im just passionate about music and in TIP music specifically
tenor.gif

I like Paperwork

12257546.jpg

Couple tracks I fuck with on there. but overall, I feel it's his weakest project. I fuck with Pharrell, but he had no business exec. producing that album.

Paper Work and T.I. vs T.I.P. are his weakest.

I use to think Paperwork and No Mercy were his weakest but I listen to No Mercy recently and it ain't that bad despite it being a forced/rushed album.

Back