Welcome To aBlackWeb

Supreme Court bolsters gun owners’ right to carry a weapon in public

And they just ruled against the right sue if the cops violate Miranda Rights.

Same as I said about gun control.

All this debate about police reform the last two years, and the Supreme Court said fuck your police reform and gave the cops even more immunity.

This Supreme Court is wiiiildin.

They still can't use whatever you say against you. That's more important that being able to civilly sue the police for that violation IMO.

Yeah, but when you are black in America the law is not on your side. Even if a black man shoots someone in self defense he becomes the criminal until a great lawyer can get him out of trouble. I see this law as a lowkey way to throw more Blacks into prisons. So many of us got bullshit felonies and domestic charges which ban us from owning guns. Now you make guns part of everyday life and watch how many of us get caught up possessing one bcuz you gotta have one nowadays. This is gonna be the crack epidemic all over again. Instead of crack, it will be guns. Black Families gonna feel the impact. Watch.

I mean, in most cases, that’s how it works for ANYBODY. 99% of the time, if you shoot someone in self defense, you going to jail until they figure out what the Fuck happened.

it's not being conditioned. I think a black man is naive if he thinks he will be offered the same protections of the law as the white man. I'm all for gun ownership but only if it's equal ownership. Blacks will never be equal in that regards bcuz so many got caught up with charges as young men. This naturally puts us in situations where we own the illegally. Creating more blacks in prison.

how do we achieve "equal" gun ownership rights if we still don't have equality in other aspects in society?

and what are u saying......becuz young black men have previous legal issues that present challenges with gun ownership

that everyone else in the black community should be unarmed and vulnerable as well

how is that not setting all of us up to be victims?

I mean, in most cases, that’s how it works for ANYBODY. 99% of the time, if you shoot someone in self defense, you going to jail until they figure out what the Fuck happened.
True, but you know the black man has to fight harder to prove their innocence.

They still can't use whatever you say against you. That's more important that being able to civilly sue the police for that violation IMO.

depends, they may still can use it

I've been arrested a few times where they didn't read my rights

I asked one about it & he said he didn't have to if he wasn't gonna question me

depends, they may still can use it

I've been arrested a few times where they didn't read my rights

I asked one about it & he said he didn't have to if he wasn't gonna question me

They don't have to read you the right but if they start questioning you after you've been arrested and you choose to answer. They can't use it at trial.

Police car stops bout to be extra extra.

why?

y’all understand that what the Supreme Court did strikes down the need for people in states like NY & CA to provide special proof of why they need concealed carry licenses.

That’s it. They didn’t grant these states constitutional carry or anything like that. Police stops are going to be exactly what they’ve always been.

that everyone else in the black community should be unarmed and vulnerable as well

how is that not setting all of us up to be victims?

I'm saying that a white man openly carrying a gun is exercising his rights and A black man openly carrying a gun will be looked at totally different and will cause problems.

I'm also saying that bcuz so many of us can't legally own a gun but will not just stand by while everyone has a gun on them will get caught up bcuz of it.

More guns. More problems.

I'm saying that a white man openly carrying a gun is exercising his rights and A black man openly carrying a gun will be looked at totally different and will cause problems.

I'm also saying that bcuz so many of us can't legally own a gun but will not just stand by while everyone has a gun on them will get caught up bcuz of it.

Just to keep things based, the original post is about concealed carry & concealed carry laws.

just saying.

why?

y’all understand that what the Supreme Court did strikes down the need for people in states like NY & CA to provide special proof of why they need concealed carry licenses.

That’s it. They didn’t grant these states constitutional carry or anything like that. Police stops are going to be exactly what they’ve always been.
Wouldn't it be safe to assume that if people didn't have to show proof of why they are carrying concealed that it would mean more people would start carrying concealed?

ur focusing on open carry tho

but let's use ur same analogy

white man drives around in a new S550 Benz....he's looked at like a legal owner

black man drives around in a new S550 Benz.....he's looked at like a drug/dealer criminal who couldn't possibly legally afford a S-Class

so u saying as black men we should all stop owning/driving top tier cars just becuz people will treat us differently?

how do we overcome the stereotype by giving less examples that break it?

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that if people didn't have to show proof of why they are carrying concealed that it would mean more people would start carrying concealed?

Unless you live in a state where constitutional carry is a thing, meaning you can carry concealed without obtaining a concealed carry license, one does not simply just “start” carrying concealed. You still have to go thru the process of obtaining the license.

Believe it or not, a lot of people don’t go thru that process and just have their firearms for home defense.

This Supreme Court really ain't shit.

They are making it seem like the Second Amendment prohibits against any restrictions on gun ownership. That's not true at all. The Second Amendment absolutely does not guarantee the right for average citizens to walk around carrying guns in public without restriction.

Back