Welcome To aBlackWeb

Supreme Court bolsters gun owners’ right to carry a weapon in public

Mr.LV

OG
Supreme Court bolsters gun owners’ right to carry a weapon in public

WASHINGTON —

The Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the rights of gun owners to carry a loaded weapon in public, ruling that the 2nd Amendment right to “bear arms” overrides laws in New York and California that restrict who may legally take guns when they leave home.

The court’s conservative majority said in a 6-3 ruling that the Constitution puts these decisions in the hands of gun owners, not with local officials, county sheriffs or others who fear that too many guns on the street are a threat to public safety.

Writing for the majority, Justice Clarence Thomas said “New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the 14th Amendment in that it prevents law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their right to keep and bear arms.”

The ruling is the most significant victory for gun rights since 2008, when the justices for the first time ruled the 2nd Amendment protects an individual’s right to to have a gun and not just states’ right to maintain a “well-regulated militia.”

It also reflects how President Trump’s three appointees have shifted the court to the right. In the past decade, the court had turned away challenges to the permitting laws in California and elsewhere. But the arrival of Justices Brett M. Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett created a majority to bolster the right to carry a gun.

Gun control advocates had said they feared a high court ruling upholding the right to be armed in public could lead to a massive increase in the number of guns on the street in major cities.

The case was New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn. vs. Bruen.

Last edited:
This shit is crazy.

Lmaoooo.

We were debating forms of gun control laws and what can be done in the other threads, and the Supreme Court just did the opposite and said fuck your control laws and told everyone they can carry in public.

Shits wild.

You really cant fight or argue with anyone anymore

And they just ruled against the right sue if the cops violate Miranda Rights.

Same as I said about gun control.

All this debate about police reform the last two years, and the Supreme Court said fuck your police reform and gave the cops even more immunity.

This Supreme Court is wiiiildin.

All this debate about police reform the last two years, and the Supreme Court said fuck your police reform and gave the cops even more immunity.

This Supreme Court is wiiiildin.
This really is a slap in the face. They're basically saying cops just can break the rules and with immunity

"it's fuck da police"

AND

"we need to get rid of guns"

"but something needs to be done about all this crime"

"these women need protection from all these predatory men"

"niggaz hating/threatening to take my property just cuz I'm successful"

I don't understand how people (especially black people) have these conflicting views

and can't seem to understand why we keep taking so many L's

a major part of gun ownership is espousing responsibility

criminals already carrying everywhere tho

it's just now law abiding citizens have the ability to shoot back 🙁

Yeah, but when you are black in America the law is not on your side. Even if a black man shoots someone in self defense he becomes the criminal until a great lawyer can get him out of trouble. I see this law as a lowkey way to throw more Blacks into prisons. So many of us got bullshit felonies and domestic charges which ban us from owning guns. Now you make guns part of everyday life and watch how many of us get caught up possessing one bcuz you gotta have one nowadays. This is gonna be the crack epidemic all over again. Instead of crack, it will be guns. Black Families gonna feel the impact. Watch.

Yeah, but when you are black in America the law is not on your side. Even if a black man shoots someone in self defense he becomes the criminal until a great lawyer can get him out of trouble. I see this law as a lowkey way to throw more Blacks into prisons. So many of us got bullshit felonies and domestic charges which ban us from owning guns. Now you make guns part of everyday life and watch how many of us get caught up possessing one bcuz you gotta have one nowadays. This is gonna be the crack epidemic all over again. Instead of crack, it will be guns. Black Families gonna feel the impact. Watch.

this is already a reality........it's just too many of us live like real life is a cartoon

u shouldn't be out here arguing with strangers over dumb shit

if u got felonies/charges u should be moving smarter out here anyway.......what u think law enforcement wasn't already targeting us

plus we got to stop with this "belly up" mentality and stop being scared to protect ourselves........if u go the other way with more gun control Black families would still be affected the most

it's a shame we really been conditioned to be victims out here

I witnessed it in a bar in Kansas City. A man talking shit pushed another man. The man that got pushed slapped the shit out of the man that pushed him. The man that got slapped fell to the ground, pulled out a strap, and shot the man that slapped him twice. I was later told that man never got arrested or did any time. The man that got shot lost a lung.

Be careful yall.

Lol..this morning this principal looking dude hopped out a mini van and went into a gas station wit a Glock on his hip. I just found that funny, now they know if they rob the stores, they gotta shoot you first

this is already a reality........it's just too many of us live like real life is a cartoon

u shouldn't be out here arguing with strangers over dumb shit

if u got felonies/charges u should be moving smarter out here anyway.......what u think law enforcement wasn't already targeting us

plus we got to stop with this "belly up" mentality and stop being scared to protect ourselves........if u go the other way with more gun control Black families would still be affected the most

it's a shame we really been conditioned to be victims out here
it's not being conditioned. I think a black man is naive if he thinks he will be offered the same protections of the law as the white man. I'm all for gun ownership but only if it's equal ownership. Blacks will never be equal in that regards bcuz so many got caught up with charges as young men. This naturally puts us in situations where we own them illegally. Creating more blacks in prison.

Last edited:
This really is a slap in the face. They're basically saying cops just can break the rules and with immunity

I get what you saying but at the same time IMO it's better to have on the books the cops don't have rules or laws to abide by then to have laws on the books saying the exact opposite but never get so called justice because the unwritten rules say the cops can do anything they want.

Going in knowing the cops don't have rules/laws apply to them IMO allows folks to move and react more accordingly.

This Supreme Court is wiiiildin

Remember when people swore decisions being made by politicians would have no affect on their lives?

Back