Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sugar in Spaghetti?

do you do it?

• Hell naw!

• Hell yea!

Results are only viewable after voting.
For ya'll that dont know, its not for the taste

The sugar helps with the acidity of the tomatoe sauce...which is important for folks like me with reflux issues

There may be some people that want their shit sweet, and I've had some sweet sauces...but if you see somebody sprinkle a little sugar in their bowl, it's for heartburn

Chemistry 101: Sugar does not cut the acidity of tomato sauce. To reduce acidity you need a base like baking soda or hot chili peppers (capsaicin is a base). Sugar makes it sweet so you don't taste it, but it does absolutely nothing to change the pH of the sauce thus if it helps with reflux it's purely psychosomatic in nature.

Chemistry 101: Sugar does not cut the acidity of tomato sauce. To reduce acidity you need a base like baking soda or hot chili peppers (capsaicin is a base). Sugar makes it sweet so you don't taste it, but it does absolutely nothing to change the pH of the sauce thus if it helps with reflux it's purely psychosomatic in nature.

^ 100% correct

Damn

I dont have relux but it be to acidity for my taste buds sometimes and the sugar helps

Sugar just masks the bitterness

bitter ≠ sour/tart.

Bitter would be biting down on an aspirin, eating a lemon peel, or that weird ass taste in tonic water which is a result of the quinine in it. If your sauce tastes bitter, then you have a whole other issue.

Back