Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sugar in Spaghetti?

do you do it?

• Hell naw!

• Hell yea!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got to cut some of tomato flavor sometimes

so... lemme see if I get this straight... you don't want your tomato sauce... to taste like tomatoes???

tenor.gif

For ya'll that dont know, its not for the taste

The sugar helps with the acidity of the tomatoe sauce...which is important for folks like me with reflux issues

There may be some people that want their shit sweet, and I've had some sweet sauces...but if you see somebody sprinkle a little sugar in their bowl, it's for heartburn

I thought it was weird that the spaghetti at this Filipino spot had sugar in it, but thought it was just their thing. I see this thread and it looks like it's a THING thing...people add sugar to cut acidity and help with heartburn...who knew...

I thought it was weird that the spaghetti at this Filipino spot had sugar in it, but thought it was just their thing. I see this thread and it looks like it's a THING thing...people add sugar to cut acidity and help with heartburn...who knew...

I knew Filipinos do it 'cause we have some Filipino friends and their spaghetti is waaaaaay too sweet. They also cut up hot dogs in their spaghetti so there's that.

Is it a white people thing to add cut up hot dogs or any type of meat? Because I do that

Why you worried about white people versions of the dish when the dish is a white dish anyways?

Make it however is best. Just make sure you use bayleaf.

Back