Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sue Bird Says Women’s Basketball Is Less Popular Than Soccer Because They’re Black and Gay

People just need to start understanding that not everything is the same for men and women. It's not like no women's sports are popular. Women's tennis is as or more popular than men's tennis, and shit like gymnastics and figure skating are for more popular on the women's side. Hell even women's soccer is more popular in America, at least at the Olympic level.

The WNBA suffer because it lacks a lot of what makes the NBA popular, explosive highly athletic plays.

It's crazy possibly the only thing stopping the us been really competitive on the world's stage
Its crazy

in the 4 years my son been playing soccer the male teams usually only have one black kid and he is the best athlete on the team by far. One tourney we did last year there was a team from texas that was majority black and they had like 4 mexican kids...coach was black too...they washed EVERYBODY lmao

People just need to start understanding that not everything is the same for men and women. It's not like no women's sports are popular. Women's tennis is as or more popular than men's tennis, and shit like gymnastics and figure skating are for more popular on the women's side. Hell even women's soccer is more popular in America, at least at the Olympic level.

The WNBA suffer because it lacks a lot of what makes the NBA popular, explosive highly athletic plays.
Could create some of that if they lowered the goal. More women would be able to play above the rim.

and womens track & field is popular as well

Thats shit is crazy

I feel like its designed to keep certain folks out the sport cause if it was more accessible we would dominate that too

I actually think it's the opposite. Soccer is so unpopular her that there's less investment in the sport. Football should be more expensive but tons of money gets put into it in this country even at like little kid level. One of my homeboys runs a little soccer club for kids. He doesn't charge the kids much but they do have to do a lot of little fundraisers to cover various costs.

I actually think it's the opposite. Soccer is so unpopular her that there's less investment in the sport. Football should be more expensive but tons of money gets put into it in this country even at like little kid level. One of my homeboys runs a little soccer club for kids. He doesn't charge the kids much but they do have to do a lot of little fundraisers to cover various costs.
You can buy 2 plastic goals and cones to outline the pitch that's all you need it's the cheapest sport to play.

You can buy 2 plastic goals and cones to outline the pitch that's all you need it's the cheapest sport to play.
Never bought anything to do with football growing up. As long as u had a ball u were good
A goal was usually two bookbags or 2 decent sized rocks as the goal posts(which would mean u can't score with the ball being in any way in the air)

Never bought anything to do with football growing up. As long as u had a ball u were good
A goal was usually two bookbags or 2 decent sized rocks as the goal posts(which would mean u can't score with the ball being in any way in the air)
Same that's just having fun casual for the people who want to run a club literally need those items lol

It's no cheaper to play than football if all you're talking about is neighborhood kids getting together to do it. However, if you're talking about a league or club which seems to be the case here, there is more to it than that. In those people pay for uniforms, travel costs, snacks for the kids, reserving the field, paying people to ref, etc...

I kinda have to disagree to some extent.

I used to watch the WNBA when it first started but lost interest after awhile. Not enough teams in the league or teams folding left & right or relocating.

The WNBA is not a popular due to various reasons. Financially they take an L year after year costing the NBA money. This is why they were complaining about pay raises & transportation to games a few years ago. Not enough teams. They also don't have the same drawing power as the NBA.

What’s her excuse about the men’s World Cup soccer team vs the woman?
The woman team packs stadiums , the men don’t.

the WNBA’s problem is they are trying to be the NBA when they should be doing their own thing.

tighten up the uniform, lower the rim, and when they do media tours make them wear make up.

You should def give soccer(football) a run bro

I dismissed it at first...then my son started playing so I watched to get familiar

its a dope sport and them dudes real deal athletes bruh

and the stigma of it being a "white sport" is purely an american thing

blacks are very prevalent especially in the Euro leagues

Black kids need to get into soccer, I think we can dominate and it pays a lot with no CTE

Soccer in the US is synonymous with white suburban

the term “soccer mom” is a suburban white woman in a mini van or suv

in addition to the narrative that its for soft unathletic kids

A lot of Americans is also spoiled to. My folks and I use to roll up foil paper into a ball and play 6 a side small goal in football when we didn’t have a ball.

Shit, we even use to used cricket cork ball at times for football.

Back