Welcome To aBlackWeb

Students who owe lunch money will only get a cold jelly sandwich, district says

DMorgan

You niggas is EXCOMMUNICADO!!!
Starting on Monday, any student with unpaid lunch debt will be automatically given a sunflower seed butter and jelly sandwich instead of hot food, the city’s school district announced on Sunday. Officials told the Providence Journal that the policy is necessary because the district is owed tens of thousands of dollars in lunch money, on top of contending with a budget deficit in the millions.

But critics argue that since children have no control over their parents’ finances, they shouldn’t be penalized or potentially subjected to public humiliation because of their inability to pay.

In 2015, a Colorado cafeteria worker said that she had been fired for giving free food to hungry elementary school students, one of whom had broken down in tears. Similarly, in 2016, a lunch worker in Pennsylvania quit in protest after she was forced to refuse a hot meal to a student because he couldn’t pay for it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...andwich-district-says/?utm_term=.3bbf123513dd

image.gif

So feeding your own child ain’t in the budget?

Man GTFOH

For some people that shit is the case. When I was a kid and the weather was fucked up in DC the public schools would NEVER fucking close. All the close counties in MD and VA would close. Private/Catholic schools would close but DC public schools would be open. As a kid I would be mad as shit.

Then later on as an adult I found out that DC public schools never closed because the breakfast and the lunch served at school is the only meals a lot kids would have for the day. DC public schools actually serve breakfast and lunch even when school is out for the summer for the same reason.

Shit fucked up out here for some families.

For some people that shit is the case. When I was a kid and the weather was fucked up in DC the public schools would NEVER fucking close. All the close counties in MD and VA would close. Private/Catholic schools would close but DC public schools would be open. As a kid I would be mad as shit.

Then later on as an adult I found out that DC public schools never closed because the breakfast and the lunch served at school is the only meals a lot kids would have for the day. DC public schools actually serve breakfast and lunch even when school is out for the summer for the same reason.

Shit fucked up out here for some families.

Oh I 100% agree.

But them parents have stamps or clothing thats out their budget.

I seen it myself and my sister is a teacher and see how these parents prioritize their kids. Kids got on nice clothes but don’t have the supplies list she sent home for them to get.

Kids have nice shoes but getting free lunch or bumming other kids for lunch.

A sandwich, juice and orange for school would cost barely anything for a parent.

shit when i was young dudes went to school to stay out the cold....from outside and they cribs.

Oh I 100% agree.

I seen it myself and my sister is a teacher and see how these parents prioritize their kids. Kids got on nice clothes but don’t have the supplies list she sent home for them to get.

A sandwich, juice and orange for school would cost barely anything for a parent.
lol...bruh......you treading in an area where the crew bout to come get you.

i have said these same things.....but thats not for everyone.
but i know where you are going. what you are saying is true and what others are saying is true too.

thats one of the things i learned in working with kids and school when i go back to the states.

sadly they can both be true for some unlucky child. not looking nice and hungry.

but i do hate seeing the parents with fly ass kids with no home training or manners.
i also hate seeing hungry kids.

and alot of them kids just want to be heard and often fed.

i wish i could do more for them

With all that I said

School lunch should be free as fuck and with better meals.

I hear what you saying but its never going to happen.

Also the government could close down all public schools and it wouldn't be a violation of any laws.

There is no laws on the books that says the government has to educate children.

Its a lot of layers to the bullshit this country does with public school education.

I hear what you saying but its never going to happen.

Also the government could close down all public schools and it wouldn't be a violation of any laws.

There is no laws on the books that says the government has to educate children.

Its a lot of layers to the bullshit this country does with public school education.

School budget gets slashed every year feels like

Oh I 100% agree.

Part of what you said is the same shit Cosby said in the those speeches that got some black people pissed off at him.

Cosby spoke on how some parents was fucked up cause they would buy their kids a pair of $200 shoes but wouldn't spend that same money on hooked on phonics knowing their kids can't really read.

School budget gets slashed every year feels like
make people stupid
dont teach kids to think critically
and you will have an army of millions who will do what they are told because you can sell them fear and sell them medicines that make them sick from other medicines.

this is an industrial complex and people are the commodity.

Back