Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Sticking around or planning to leave

I'll say this for those saying they would leave if not for family like their mother, etc(kids are excluded from the comment). I used to think like that myself then I realized fuck that. If a move makes me happy and they happy where they're at. Cool we'll just have to visit each other and do face-time calls.

Luckily for them I haven't found that place yet.

I really like the Caribbean but the devastating hurricanes really gives me pause.

I'll say this for those saying they would leave if not for family like their mother, etc(kids are excluded from the comment). I used to think like that myself then I realized fuck that. If a move makes me happy and they happy where they're at. Cool we'll just have to visit each other and do face-time calls.

I really like the Caribbean but the devastating hurricanes really gives me pause.

I heard China slowly taking over Jamaica with the “deals” they making

How good should my Spanish be? I’ve been trying to learn through apps and shit but I haven’t been consistent with it.

You not gonna learn enough through an app B.

How I learned a language was in the following steps.

1. Learning the grammar. Through the process of learning the grammar, you'll learn a probably 200 words. You want your comprehension of grammar to match the pace of learning words. The goal is to be able to speak and understand as fast as possible so learning will be fun.

2. Learn 2000 words. The classic method of this flashcards. You can use a program like Anki. Google Anki for language learning and all types of shit will pop up. Or you can use Babbel or Duolingo. Apps are good for learning words but it won't make you fluent.

3. Get a tutor. Nobody that is fluent in multiple languages teaches themselves a damn language. Everybody either go live in the country of their language and stay there long enough to learn it. They learn it through school. They have friend groups that speak the language. Or they learned or know a second language like Spanish and that language is similar enough to Italian, Portuguese and French, so it's easy to pick up by finding a conversation partner or watching their media.

A tutor will accelerate your progress because now you have someone to mirror and talk to. They will help with your pronunciation, your listening comprehension, things you can't master through a book or an app.

You can go on Italki and get a tutor for cheap.

4. Immersion. Read the news. Watch TV shows. Listen to the music. Go on internet boards.

That's my advice on how to learn a second language.

Last edited:
You not gonna learn enough through an app B.

How I learned a language was in the following steps.

1. Learning the grammar. Through the process of learning the grammar, you'll learn a probably 200 words. You want your comprehension of grammar to match the pace of learning words. The goal is to be able to speak and understand as fast as possible so learning will be fun.

2. Learn 2000 words. The classic method of this flashcards. You can use Anki. Google Anki for language learning and all types of shit will pop up. Or you can use Babbel. Apps are good for learning words but it won't make you fluent.

3. Get a tutor. Nobody that is fluent in multiple languages teaches themselves a damn language. Everybody either go live in the country of their language and stay there long enough to learn it. They learn it through school. Or they learned a second language like Spanish and that language is similar enough to Italian, Portuguese and French, so it's easy to pick up by finding a conversation partner or watching their media.

A tutor will accelerate your progress because now you have someone to mirror and talk to. They will help with your pronunciation, your listening comprehension, things you can learn through a book or an app.

You can go on Italki and get a tutor for cheap.

4. Immersion. Read the news. Watch TV shows. Listen to the music. Go on internet boards.

That's my advice on how to learn a second language.
Good lookin out

Punta cana is usually missed

Punta cana is usually missed

Ignorant me doesn't want to learn to speak espanol! A week - 2week vacation in a foreign language country is cool but living in a country that speaks a different language that I can't speak is some whole other shit.

If the time comes when I'm ready to really make that move 2 years before if it's a place that speaks a foreign language I'll learn it for sure.

My extended family is the only reason I'm still here. If not for that, I would have been gone. Covid should have convinced everyone that this country is headed for bad times.

So now we ain’t American? Im trying to see

I never said that. I simply asked what makes it YOURS?

You can move to another country, get citizenship/residency there and technically be Bahamian, Panamanian, Costa Rican on paper... Does that make that country YOURS tho?

I never said that. I simply asked what makes it YOURS?

You can move to another country, get citizenship/residency there and technically be Bahamian, Panamanian, Costa Rican on paper... Does that make that country YOURS tho?

Oh ok. The culture part is my answer. Africans don’t cook like we do

Back