Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Sticking around or planning to leave

Inori

NAWF
Curious question for yall.. so with all this stuff going on lately in the states, it got me thinking... what would it take for yall to start looking at leaving the US as a viable option to actually take?

Would it be mainly an economic decision? Social? a combination of the two? Something else?

Every country has its issues of course, but at what point for you personally would you be like... nah I gotta get myself and the the fam the hell outa here in search of something better!

Do you stick it out here? Do you abandon ship? Where do you go?

Yeah.....nah.....I ain't leaving

But Jo'burg looks nice af

It really comes down to whether I could get my immediate family to leave, and whether I could find a well developed black-friendly alternative.

If both of those questions were answered I’d leave yesterday

Lol I been seriously thinking about leaving for 3 years now I’m already at that point

if I ever get divorced I’m leaving the country and never coming back

Likely in the minority but only way I'm moving is if I get a big promotion that moved me outside the US or another company offered A LOT more to be somewhere else

As you said... every country has its issues

Outside of family and familiarity, Is the money the main thing keeping you in the states?

Yeah.....nah.....I ain't leaving

But Jo'burg looks nice af

Any reason in particular?

Curious question for yall.. so with all this stuff going on lately in the states, it got me thinking... what would it take for yall to start looking at leaving the US as a viable option to actually take?

Would it be mainly an economic decision? Social? a combination of the two? Something else?

Every country has its issues of course, but at what point for you personally would you be like... nah I gotta get myself and the the fam the hell outa here in search of something better!

Do you stick it out here? Do you abandon ship? Where do you go?

monkey way I’d leave was unless the family did. For the most part I think everywhere else would be wack to live. And all the western countries are like 80% white so it’d just be passive aggressive racism

A buddy of mine moved to Asia in 2005 on what was supposed to be an 8-month exchange program. And that nigga JUST finally moved back home this past September. Just talking to him and knowing his lifestyle and going to visit and shit, I definitely understand the appeal of being an ex-pat overseas.

It's definitely something I'd seriously consider.

But I've got 2 children and taking them away from their mothers isn't really something I'd ever really consider doing. 🤷‍♂️

Most Americans in general rarely travel outside their state. So I find it hard to believe that many would leave their home country to actually live. Lol. Most folks are content and don't want to leave their comfort zone, which also plays a factor in even thinking about living abroad.

I've lived abroad before and the only thing truly keeping me in this country is my mother. She is getting older and is super set in her ways. She likes to travel but is still very leery ( she took a cruise before COVID) about going out of the country. I've tried to get her a passport on multiple occasions and she just spends the money or "loses" (air quotes around loses) the applications I've filled out for her. Lol. She literally refuses to leave the city and state she is in now. She is comfortable (eventhough it's slot of stuff she doesn't like about there) with what she knows.

She is like most people, content...........

There is nothing wrong with being content with a situation and also pointing out that it could be better....

Anyway, when she passes (I dread that day, because she is my world) I will leave the United States of America and most likely never come back here. She and all my family knows this....

Back