Welcome To aBlackWeb

Step Parent Pt.3 (Should The Kid Call The Step Parent Mom/Dad?)

1Zwx8_s-200x150.gif

Wasn't you just pleading a case for child autonomy!? Did I miss something?

But now you say this.....must be two sides

lmao yea Im confused @BNE

1Zwx8_s-200x150.gif

I do this all the time, I'll be dead ass wrong, know I'm wrong,, and not Care cuz its me....

If Ciara and Russ don't make it...

Is Russ still daddy?

Is next nigga gonna be daddy too?

Like what is the limit when the father already said he don't like the shit?
good question. multiple remarriages are becoming common.

I don't think they should call them a parental term if they wouldn't still be that to them in the event of a breakup, even if all parties are cool with it. confuses the child.
1Zwx8_s-200x150.gif

lmao yea Im confused @BNE

nigga i don't give a fuck. NOT IN MY BACKYARD.

idc idc idc

tenor.gif

if my kid thinks the sky is red, i aint gonna accommodate that impossibility n play along. ima check their ignorance in an age appropriate fashion.

same. principle. applies.

Shotta. You can't have opposing views on the same topic because the roll was reversed.
i can be aight with something for other people but not want it for myself. I added the stipulation that "if it causes discord" it aint cool.

that would cause a whole lotta discord, n if I find out an adult had any part in it... they may just find themselves dragged by the hair through hot coal.

@TheMasterKey I see women were open to it until it became about them. The irony.
why are you gendering it? many people are hypocrites on a matter until it gets too close to home. the example @TheMasterKey used was Future, a man. this isn't unique to women.

It's kinda how I support peoples right to protest and march, and do whatever they gotta to make a point.......

But I will not take my black ass out there with them. :host:

I got too much shit to lose to just be getting locked up for a weekend....

i can be aight with something for other people but not want it for myself. I added the stipulation that "if it causes discord" it aint cool.

that would cause a whole lotta discord, n if I find out an adult had any part in it... they may just find themselves dragged by the hair through hot coal.

why are you gendering it? many people are hypocrites on a matter until it gets too close to home. the example @TheMasterKey used was Future, a man. this isn't unique to women.

You've been in here for pages screaming autonomy for children but once it was about you, u changed up quick. Just seeing through your bullshit.

She presenting the argument for why it should be allowed....

But she would have no intentions in applying it in her life
Ding ding ding.

goes for many things. i make arguments for why polyamorous marriages should be legal but I would still drop a nigga with the speed of light if he wanted to include others in our relationship.

aint happenin here.

You've been in here for pages screaming autonomy for children but once it was about you, u changed up quick. Just seeing through your bullshit.

I don't believe in pushing either label on kids. if a kid of mine grew up to be verbal and said they feel more comfortable calling me Trini as opposed to mom, I wld have to deal.

if you look earlier in this thread, I did say that Russell should fall back on parental terms if Future is actively involved n has an issue with it.

Shotta we all agree that if it is being forced it is wrong but I believe by simple presence it would sort it self out and anyone who is absent should not be upset if there title is replaced by someone who is present whether it is man or woman but I see you and the Sistren @Race Jones want to wack and no sign the Dread.

Shotta we all agree that if it is being forced it is wrong but I believe by simple presence it would sort it self out and anyone who is absent should not be upset if there title is replaced by someone who is present whether it is man or woman but I see you and the Sistren @Race Jones want to wack and no sign the Dread.

I no signed you because of this statement sir: I see women were open to it until it became about them. The irony.

I understand we place more significance on Mother than Father as it should be but if she isn't doing her job properly than the child should be able to call the person being motherly mother or mom

these r some of my earlier posts in this thread.

there r ppl out there who have happy coparenting relationships n r cool with their kid callin the stepparents by parental terms. u got kids walkin around with 2 moms n 2 dads, n not cuz it's an lgbt household.

if its functional, does it matter?

whatever works, whether that's Russell or Sir or dad.

a child of mine calling someone other than me "mom/mother/ma/mommy" would not work. it would not be functional. there would be discord.

see how subjective it is tho? father is a pretty formal word. like people use the term "birth father/mother" to describe parents who gave their kids up for adoption at birth. u might consider father to be designation left for the biological parent, whereas another might feel like dad or daddy is too personal for a stepparent.

i dont get the hoopla. my only issue with its thrust on the kid or if the term causes contention in whatever households are involved.

it would cause contention in my household.

if it causes tension or leaves sum1 feelin severely disrespected, it isn't gonna fly. that was an exemption I repeatedly made.

Edit:

I understand we place more significance on Mother than Father as it should be but if she isn't doing her job properly than the child should be able to call the person being motherly mother or mom
again, u r making it about the fact that it's mother as opposed to father. nah. that is not the case. same would go if I was a father. that's why my 1st post says it depends, it's individual and context dependent. that would not work for me.

Back