Welcome To aBlackWeb

Step Parent Pt.3 (Should The Kid Call The Step Parent Mom/Dad?)

You really think that a man that helped raised him should be called by his first name or his name with Mr. In front. I think he deserves something more. I am not saying Pappa Russ is right also but there has to be a name or title that shows his position in the boys life.

What is wrong with Mr.? lol

It's been what, a year and a half , 2 years? We don't know if this mf will be around in 2 years, he was just married to another woman 3 years ago lol and you're already calling him daddy? cmon man

His name is Russ, so that's what he should be called.

Gtfohhhhhhh nigga lol That's worse. Papa!?!? My son aint callin no nigga papa, dada, daddy, papi, they're all the same shit.
there r ppl out there who have happy coparenting relationships n r cool with their kid callin the stepparents by parental terms. u got kids walkin around with 2 moms n 2 dads, n not cuz it's an lgbt household.

if its functional, does it matter?
But what should he call him?
whatever works, whether that's Russell or Sir or dad.

I wasn't forced to call my stepdad "daddy".

He's been in my life since I was two and I used to call him his first name then I started calling him daddy. My mama never stopped me and my daddy was cool with it. They got along real well. He's been a father figure along with my dad himself.

Now, I really don't rock with him as tough but at the end of the day, he still helped raised me and he's been there for me as a child.

there r ppl out there who have happy coparenting relationships n r cool with their kid callin the stepparents by parental terms. u got kids walkin around with 2 moms n 2 dads, n not cuz it's an lgbt household.

if its functional, does it matter?

whatever works, whether that's Russell or Sir or dad.

Why are u saying obvious shit, of course there's people somewhere in the world who are cool with it. But in this case, this isn't that. Future has already spoke about not liking that shit, so the fact that Russ keeps pushing it on the lil kid is beyond disrespectful and he deserves to get knocked df out for it.

Russ, dad, pops. Father should be reserved for his real father but the other name formally mentioned are alright imo.
see how subjective it is tho? father is a pretty formal word. like people use the term "birth father/mother" to describe parents who gave their kids up for adoption at birth. u might consider father to be designation left for the biological parent, whereas another might feel like dad or daddy is too personal for a stepparent.

i dont get the hoopla. my only issue with its thrust on the kid or if the term causes contention in whatever households are involved.

see how subjective it is tho? father is a pretty formal word. like people use the term "birth father/mother" to describe parents who gave their kids up for adoption at birth. u might consider father to be designation left for the biological parent, whereas another might feel like dad or daddy is too personal for a stepparent.

i dont get the hoopla. my only issue with its thrust on the kid or if the term causes contention in whatever households are involved.
That's why I said explaining the situation to the kid is the best option, that way there's no confusion and any illwill from russ or future is just them being immature.

Why are u saying obvious shit, of course there's people somewhere in the world who are cool with it. But in this case, this isn't that. Future has already spoke about not liking that shit, so the fact that Russ keeps pushing it on the lil kid is beyond disrespectful and he deserves to get knocked df out for it.
How am I supposed to know that Future has spoken about not liking that shit? I only have a basic knowledge of that trio (Ciara, Russ, Future). Include the context in the OP if u feel it's relevant info.

I thought we were talking generally about stepparents being called mom or dad or whatever else? If Future has an issue with it n he is actively involved in this kid's life, then Russell needs to fall back on that term. It isn't worth it. U can have just as big a role in a kid's life without self-styling yourself with a term that someone else feels entitled to.

I only met my father once and I called my grandfather Daddy. Even kids figure out what to call who. If it is being forced on him then there is a problem but if that is what he naturally calls him then there isn't a problem but we won't know until he can speak for himself. In my case I don't know when ,why or how I started calling my grandfather Daddy and I understood that he was my grandfather but it is what it is.

That's why I said explaining the situation to the kid is the best option, that way there's no confusion and any illwill from russ or future is just them being immature.

My problem is with the fact that people talk about stepparent/stepchild dynamics like they're one way. I think the terms should perhaps be left until the kid is verbal enough to choose it for themselves.

it shouldn't be the solely the decision of the adults in the situation. n blended families can come with many people involved.

it's an exchange, they're entering each other's lives. I think letting the kid initiate it (again, as long as it's respectful) is the best approach.

Hmmmm how would I feel if my child called another woman "mom" :df3:

I dont think I would like it tbh

....this one is tough.

On one hand I believe a child should have autonomy

On the other hand, lil nigga that shawty aint your mom...shes just fucking your dad.

Yes mom and dad are formal names for those that take care of us during adolescence and beyond

But there is a lot of shit that comes with those titles.

I could see myself being weirded out by it.

On one hand I believe a child should have autonomy

On the other hand, lil nigga that shawty aint your mom...shes just fucking your dad.

Yes mom and dad are formal names for those that take care of us during adolescence and beyond

But there is a lot of shit that comes with those titles.

I could see myself being weirded out by it.
There r also parents who force kids to call their stepparents dad or mom. The child's autonomy should extend to not calling their stepparent by a parental term. Autonomy should also extend to the stepparent, to not want to be called dad or mom. These are all okay choices.

Only exception to that is when it's used spitefully, like when they call them mom or dad their whole lives up till an argument comes up n they switch to the tune of "you're not my mom".

If Ciara and Russ don't make it...

Is Russ still daddy?

Is next nigga gonna be daddy too?

Like what is the limit when the father already said he don't like the shit?

Reactions: GNS
forget not liking it, I wouldn't allow that. idc.
1Zwx8_s-200x150.gif

Wasn't you just pleading a case for child autonomy!? Did I miss something?

But now you say this.....must be two sides

I rather my child call their "stepmom" by their first name.

I mean in the beginning a child may not know how to compartmentalize these types of things

so its understandable if they label their stepmom as mom in the beginning

but If I explain to my child that shes not their "mom" and explain it in a way that doesn't take away from the step moms position in his/her life

we should be good to go.

Back