Welcome To aBlackWeb

Statues W/ Racist Histories Are being Removed Around the Country.Update: VA Supreme Court Rules Charlottesville Can Remove Confederate Statues

I'm Canadian so someone school me on why white people love the flag and the monuments? The confederacy lost and they were anti american. I've even seen tow trucks with the flag painted on their trucks here.
They call it “heritage, not hate.”

Sad thing is, they had black People - even famous black people - in the South believing that bullshit, too.

37B5534C-58F2-4FED-833A-0B17BD090480.jpeg

CB0D146C-4B1A-4C4E-BA67-19F338681EE0.png

DD11F804-B7F3-4B98-9C12-8882D4A95584.jpeg

D70D16A3-C8B6-4DAB-865A-3F7639555B61.jpeg

C0CBCF61-1C99-4F7E-9C1F-258A47BDB4AD.jpeg

8CF1FD5E-0084-49EE-B263-03F2D268B18D.jpeg

Fuckin SCUST.

Last edited:
I'm Canadian so someone school me on why white people love the flag and the monuments? The confederacy lost and they were anti american. I've even seen tow trucks with the flag painted on their trucks here.

They're just hiding behind the flag and it's history to cover their racism.

They call it “heritage, not hate.”

Sad thing is, they had black People - even famous black people - in the South believing that bullshit, too.

View attachment 296168View attachment 296169

Fuckin SCUST.

Speaking of which, anybody know what happened to the New South from years back

It was supposed to be a group with TI, Pastor Troy, and Bubba Sparxxx if I'm not mistaken.

I know Bubba and Troy were supposed to be a part of it, but I might be wrong about TI.

Maybe it was Killer Mike instead of him.

Google the Lost Cause and read up on it
Actually everyone should do this
This is part of it. Most people now just think of it as the rebel flag so they fly it thinking they're rebels. But the other part that predates "The Lost Cause" is after the movie "A Birth of a Nation" came out in 1915 & became a blockbuster hit. That movie started a huge resurgence in racism/jim crow laws & after it came out a ton of confederate monuments started popping up all over. The KK literally used the film as a recruiting tool. And the director of the film was the son of a confederate soldier so he wanted all of this.

Can read more on the monuments here. I'll include some nice cliffs

White women were instrumental in raising funds to build these Confederate monuments. The United Daughters of the Confederacy, founded in the 1890s, was probably the most important and influential group, Elliott says.
In fact, the group was responsible for creating what is basically the Mount Rushmore of the Confederacy: a gigantic stone carving of Davis, Lee and Jackson in Stone Mountain, Georgia. Its production began in the 1910s, and it was completed in the 1960s.

By then, the construction of new Confederate monuments had begun to taper off, but the backlash to the Civil Rights Movement was spreading Confederate symbols in other ways: In 1956, Georgia redesigned its state flag to include the Confederate battle flag; and in 1962, South Carolina placed the flag atop its capitol building. In a 2016 report, the Southern Poverty Law Center said that the country’s more than 700 monuments are part of roughly 1,500 symbols of the Confederacy in public spaces.

Theres the documentry of this called "Birth of a Movement" that speaks about the films impact and African Americans fight against it. Its in my African America documentaries thread, i made here ( https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/a-few-documentaries-on-african-american-history.20913/ ). In there is a link to the full film, but if that doesnt work search it on youtube. You can buy or rent it there. But i'll include the description and a trailer or 2 in this thread. Its a good watch.

Birth Of A Movement: The Battle Against America's First Blockbuster :
DW Griffiths’ 1915 epic The Birth of a Nation is widely regarded as a milestone in the history of cinema – but it’s also unarguably a work of racist propaganda. Griffiths’ film, though technically innovative, problematically depicted the Ku Klux Klan as heroes protecting innocent white Americans from predatory black men, and led to protests across America to have the film banned. BIRTH OF A MOVEMENT: THE BATTLE AGAINST AMERICA’S FIRST BLOCKBUSTER, based on Dick Lehr's book The Birth of a Movement, looks back to the first protests against the film, led by African-American newspaper editor William M Trotter, and their role in the birth of the civil rights movement. Contributors include Lehr himself, alongside Spike Lee, Reginald Hudlin and DJ Spooky.

Im kinda of opposed tobthis during my brief tenure in the usmc those flags and decals were key to me identify to who to fuck with asnd who not too... now its kinda a guessing game..

I fet the idea but shit still aint kumbaya..they are just appeasing the masses by putting a pretty cover over a pile of shit

Im kinda of opposed tobthis during my brief tenure in the usmc those flags and decals were key to me identify to who to fuck with asnd who not too... now its kinda a guessing game..

I fet the idea but shit still aint kumbaya..they are just appeasing the masses by putting a pretty cover over a pile of shit
They still got the dont tread on me and thin blue line bullshit, I'm sure there will be others popping up too

Back