Stand your ground’ law protects shooter in deadly fight over parking space: sheriff

The problem is that it's not self defense. That "Stand your grand" is some other shit. In Florida, it basically means that if a conflict comes your way, you can be proactive with a violent response instead of having to wait until the threat rises to that level.

The Florida man who invoked the "stand your ground" self-defense law after shooting a black man in a dispute over a parking space was charged Monday with manslaughter.
michael-drejka-ap-jpo-180813_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

McGlockton, 28, was shot on July 19 after he came out of a convenience store and saw Drejka berating his girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, about parking in a handicap zone. Surveillance video showed McGlockton shoving Drejka to the ground and Drejka, who had a legal concealed weapons permit, pulling a handgun and shooting McGlockton.

I feel sorry for the chick that was his girlfriend. Dude defended his woman as he should and ended up getting shot in front of his son. I hope she is not blaming herself for this.

Last edited:
Manslaughter?

First degree murder would be more appropriate.

Also, it's Florida. He won't get convicted.

Then he would've gotten off.

B/c you gotta prove that he pretty much woke up that day with the intent to kill. Which is why so many of these cops got off for killing unarmed black men.

See and niggas was trying to act like it was justified. @konceptjones and @HarryHippie

Definitely wasn't justified.

Just more a case of cause and effect.

The man didn't put his hands on his wife, so there was no reason for him to put hands on him.

Basically, if he hadn't pushed him......he probably wouldn't have gotten killed.

Again.......cause and effect.

Reactions: konceptjones
Definitely wasn't justified.

Just more a case of cause and effect.

The man didn't put his hands on his wife, so there was no reason for him to put hands on him.

Basically, if he hadn't pushed him......he probably wouldn't have gotten killed.

Again.......cause and effect.

I get what you saying but I can't agree at all. I feel he should've came outside and assessed the situation basically ask your wife what is going on and what was said to her.

A man may not have put his hands on my wife but that don't mean what he may have said to my wife doesn't need a physical response from me. A man just no going to be out here saying anything out of his mouth to my wife.

I get what you saying but I can't agree at all. I feel he should've came outside and assessed the situation basically ask your wife what is going on and what was said to her.

A man may not have put his hands on my wife but that don't mean what he may have said to my wife doesn't need a physical response from me. A man just no going to be out here saying anything out of his mouth to my wife.

True.

I'm not trying to blame dude for getting shot.

You just never know how situations like that are gonna play out.

If that had been another person, it might not have gone any further than him pushing him on the ground and maybe a fight or something.

Every action has a reaction, but you can't predict how other people are going to react.

True.

I'm not trying to blame dude for getting shot.

You just never know how situations like that are gonna play out.

If that had been another person, it might not have gone any further than him pushing him on the ground and maybe a fight or something.

Every action has a reaction, but you can't predict how other people are going to react.

Never took it as you trying to blame dude for getting shot at all.

Even though you never know how situations are going to play out that is always the chance a person takes when they are standing up for themselves, a loved one or a complete stranger.

Its always a win, lose or draw situation.

Reactions: deadeye
Justified is tricky. I just said dude shouldn’t have to go to jail. Don’t think he will.

Why do you think he shouldn't have to go to jail?

I'm not a person who feels other people should get to determine the level a person takes a situation to because of something done to them. But I also understand that a person can take things too far and you have to pay for that regardless of it a person touched you first.

I know me. I would have knocked dudes jaw loose.

If someone wants to kill me and get away with it..... Fuck with my family.

10 times outta 10 imma dead man.....

Nah 1st degree is premeditated with a specific plan to kill that person beforehand

Yeah. Judging by that video dude had enough time and evidence in front of him analyze that situation before shooting. Also, the fact that he's known to harass people over that parking spot, tells me he armed himself in advance to kill someone over it one day. But that's just me.

Yeah. Judging by that video dude had enough time and evidence in front of him analyze that situation before shooting. Also, the fact that he's known to harass people over that parking spot, tells me he armed himself in advance to kill someone over it one day. But that's just me.

You can certainly make an argument for charging him with murder, but you still have to remember, overcharging is what allows a lot of these clearly guilty people to walk.

Nah you gotta know the particular person and have a plan to kill them.

he never met dude to have a clear plan to kill him.

Reactions: onetoughmiracle