Sports Bar Whats On Your Mind Thread

Guess I'll put this in here but i think it told ya'll about a cat I referee with that ended up going to a christmas party maybe 2 years ago or it might've been a get together, but whatever...he was WASTED and for some reason, the other dudes that was there let him get behind the wheel

he ends up blacking out and killing two people in a DUI and had no memory of it happening as he woke up in the hospital

He was sentenced some time last year i think

but anyway, he happens to know one of the guards that works at the prison from the outside waaaaaay before he ended up in prison. Coincidentally, some dudes was trying to get a package smuggled by having someone throw it over the fence. The officer that the guy I reffed with happened to be the one who intercepted it.

Those guys thought that the dude I reffed with somehow overheard them talking about the delivery, and without question, stabbed him in the eye making him blind in the process and he had nothing to do with how the officer he knows ended up intercepting the package.

man prison life....i aint cut out for that shit

Refereeing has been both good and bad to me this year

Bad: I can't speak for other states but here, basketball quality is so low. A lot of schools have started letting 8th graders play up on varsity. I'm not sure why but I think it's because enrollment has dropped significantly because of the rise of charter schools and public schools are viewed as outdated. I've seen some kids change schools at least 3x before they graduate just to play a sport they really aren't that good at and it's hurting them more in the long run.

Girls basketball is really a have vs have nots. The girls teams are either good or very bad. There is no in between. I've had some really good girls games just this week which is a super anomaly. Maybe cause it's tournament season.

Boys are decent overall. A team can be down by 15 the whole game and suddenly you look up and it's a 3pt game with 2 min to play.

I need to get back into my rules book. There are so many small things that one glossed over in the name of "it'll never happen to me", then, you guessed it.... It happened.

Good: money has been clutch and I'm getting so many games, it's been helping me take my mind off a couple of L's I've taken this year and helped me focus on something I genuinely enjoy doing.

I'm gonna use this momentum to go into the new year and continue to learn from my L's and get back to putting myself as a priority.

Refereeing has been both good and bad to me this year

Bad: I can't speak for other states but here, basketball quality is so low. A lot of schools have started letting 8th graders play up on varsity. I'm not sure why but I think it's because enrollment has dropped significantly because of the rise of charter schools and public schools are viewed as outdated. I've seen some kids change schools at least 3x before they graduate just to play a sport they really aren't that good at and it's hurting them more in the long run.

Girls basketball is really a have vs have nots. The girls teams are either good or very bad. There is no in between. I've had some really good girls games just this week which is a super anomaly. Maybe cause it's tournament season.

Boys are decent overall. A team can be down by 15 the whole game and suddenly you look up and it's a 3pt game with 2 min to play.

I need to get back into my rules book. There are so many small things that one glossed over in the name of "it'll never happen to me", then, you guessed it.... It happened.

Good: money has been clutch and I'm getting so many games, it's been helping me take my mind off a couple of L's I've taken this year and helped me focus on something I genuinely enjoy doing.

I'm gonna use this momentum to go into the new year and continue to learn from my L's and get back to putting myself as a priority.
Do you see any flopping on the High School level?

Reactions: AP2.5
Drove by the mall and couldn’t find a parking spot so I said fuck that and went to a grocery store and bought gift cards and greeting cards. I’m done

Man they let anybody coach. Smh

I finally bit the bullet and became a member of ESPN+. I actually did the bundle with the Hulu and the Disney+ and I must say @Sony Montana not only did we win ABW awards, I also won with this bundle!! It’s incredible!

I began watching my favorite old Disney shows and great articles from the Zach Lowe and the Brian Windhorst. I’m mad I didn’t do this earlier but thank you!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sony Montana