Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sports Bar Whats On Your Mind Thread

Do you guys get more hyped for the first college football weekend or the first NFL weekend?
NFL for sure! College football doesn’t really excite me, I guess because I’m a Tarheels fan and they’ve not traditionally been a great football school. And neither has the ACC with the exception of a few elite football programs.

Plus college football got way too many teams and so many of the games are lopsided because the powerhouses of a conference still got to play the teams that suck in the conference.

Do you guys get more hyped for the first college football weekend or the first NFL weekend?

NFL.

Outside of USC games. I really don’t be caring about other cfb regular season unless it’s a huge game.

10 years ago I could’ve watched a bullshit Minnesota/Northwestern game at noon on espn start to finish. Nowadays I’ll skip a #20 UK vs #7 UF game quick no fucks given.

But UGA / UF or a matchup of that nature I’m still tuned in.

Speaking of TV,

Tomorrow is the end of an era. Tomorrow is the last day that regional networks will be under the fox sports umbrella. Starting Wednesday, they will be known as Bally sports, with new theme music, graphics, etc.

To tell the truth, I haven’t watched a Giants game in awhile. Part of it was not watching the NFL period and another part is just hanging out with the wife and my girls. Like people said before, I could watch sports all day long on the weekends, now I’ll watch some soccer when I get up on Saturday morning and that’s it.

Back