Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spinoff thread from the Dr Umar interview.

Doesn’t mean he won’t deliver though. Just that doing all this is not easy especially by himself.

I personally believe it's a con, but I'm willing to admit that what you're saying could be true too. However, if it's clear you're in over your head but you still refuse to change your strategy in favor of something more productive, then you're essentially as detrimental to the cause as if you were a conman.

The fact is, if Umar was real and truly wanted to build a school and help people, he would have adjusted his actions a while ago and produced something worthwhile by now.

I personally believe it's a con, but I'm willing to admit that what you're saying could be true too. However, if it's clear you're in over your head but you still refuse to change your strategy in favor of something more productive, then you're essentially as detrimental to the cause as if you were a conman.

The fact is, if Umar was real and truly wanted to build a school and help people, he would have adjusted his actions a while ago and produced something worthwhile by now.
Who knows one way or another what he has or hasn’t tried.

I mean

That would be denying the hopes of a lot of black people that follow this guy I'm positive he got hella donations
Donations
Donations
Gifs
Gifffssss

And saying the only thing stopping you is contractors is kinda weak. That interview made me feel like he wants the work for free. Keeping all that money and your still gonna charge people to enroll their kids. Idk it's all fishy to me

Starting schools isn't that hard especially with the kinda funding he's getting. If he hasn't been able to do it at this point, he either isn't humble enough to start small and build up or he's incompetent. The only other reason I can see is him being a grifter, but after all this time, he should have had something by now.

Starting schools isn't that hard especially with the kinda funding he's getting. If he hasn't been able to do it at this point, he either isn't humble enough to start small and build up or he's incompetent. The only other reason I can see is him being a grifter, but after all this time, he should have had something by now.
iZn’T tHaT hArD. Like I said before no one knows what he is or isn’t doing behind the scenes.

And i didn't finish reading the post before i replied, it got worse

@SvenSvenson fyi you've made a powerful enemy today. I don't take kindly to your ilk. You've spewed white supremacist talking points on this predominantly black forum and i don't tolerate it

:readyforwar:

iZn’T tHaT hArD. Like I said before no one knows what he is or isn’t doing behind the scenes.

Again, I personally know three different people who have done what he's claiming to want to do over the period that he's been claiming it. I don't need to know what he's doing behind the scenes to know that he has not delivered despite having more resources and support than most who have taken on similar endeavors.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and blindly support him, go for it, but who does that really help? Certainly not the children that would benefit from such a school.

Again, I personally know three different people who have done what he's claiming to want to do over the period that he's been claiming it. I don't need to know what he's doing behind the scenes to know that he has not delivered despite having more resources and support than most who have taken on similar endeavors.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and blindly support him, go for it, but who does that really help? Certainly not the children that would benefit from such a school.
So that means what exactly? I’m not blindly supporting him but at the same time I’m not joining in on the attacks against him either.

So that means what exactly? I’m not blindly supporting him but at the same time I’m not joining in on the attacks against him either.

It does seem like you're not holding him accountable though. Been 7 years since he started getting donations. He's had those buildings for 2 years, and none of them are even fit to have people in them. Now it sounds like he's saying he needs another $300k to just open up 1 building. That's a lot of money over a decent length of time to not have helped a single person.

It does seem like you're not holding him accountable though. Been 7 years since he started getting donations. He's had those buildings for 2 years, and none of them are even fit to have people in them. Now it sounds like he's saying he needs another $300k to just open up 1 building. That's a lot of money over a decent length of time to not have helped a single person.
How? I’m saying he’s in over his head.

How? I’m saying he’s in over his head.

Ya, but just saying that doesn't speak to the help/guidance he's been offered and refused. Or that he's collected enough money to help students, but has chosen not to.

I guess, to me, just saying he's in over his head isn't acknowledging what's his fault. Like if all the other charter schools in the area conspired to keep him from getting students, and he couldn't compete against all that money... he'd be in over his head there too. Not his fault though.

Ya, but just saying that doesn't speak to the help/guidance he's been offered and refused. Or that he's collected enough money to help students, but has chosen not to.

I guess, to me, just saying he's in over his head isn't acknowledging what's his fault. Like if all the other charter schools in the area conspired to keep him from getting students, and he couldn't compete against all that money... he'd be in over his head there too. Not his fault though.
I don’t know what he is or isn’t doing or what he’s tried or hasn’t tried.

It's not that hard bruh. I think it was the Yah'mean podcast or something like that, but the host had Umar on and tried to put him in contact with a guy that has started a school so that Umar could get some help with things and Umar dismissed it from jump talking about "He's didn't do what I'm trying to do so he can't help me."

Lord Jamar’s father in law (I believe. If not him someone close to Jamar) opened a school and has been running it successfully for years.

he tried to give info to Umar and he wasn’t trying to hear him. Jamar even tried to just pay the contact information after he wasn’t trying to hear him out I believe also

Last edited:

See I feel like if dude actually got this school built people would flood it with applications. It's a great idea. There's def gonna be some horrible curriculum going around the school, but he says he means well. I kinda want to be proven wrong but everything points to him ripping off black people.

Seriously tho I do I hope I'm wrong about that

Back