Spinoff: Discuss your favorite fast food spots that's no longer with us (RIP)

had the goat fries... not up for debate

l.jpg

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
bruh they really had a burger spot off the troll movie???

and whats crazier is what just hit me.....they made a kids movie about THE central park......about 9 years after the whole "wilding" case, but 20 years before the truth was told

The last few posts in the CFA vs Popeye's got me to thinking about spots that I used to eat at back inna day that have closed.

I'll start with one I was talking about in the thread: Hot N Now.

bay-city-hot-n-now.png

Hot N Now was the hookup in college. Burgers about the size of McDonalds regular burger but for less than a dollar (IIRC only 39-49 cents each). Decent tasting burgers and the fries weren't bad at all. It was drive-thru only, no walk-up window or anything so you had to get that one cat in the crew with a car to roll over there to cop bags full of 'em for the low-low.

There's only one surviving spot in the country: In Sturgis, Mi right on the 12 (aka "Michigan Ave"). Best believe I'mma fall through there when I drive back to Tha D.

The breakfast was fire

Get you a priest burger ( cheese burger with a deep fried portobello mushroom stuffed with mozzarella, laaaawd)

Or get the vatican ( 2 patty cheeseburger with grilled cheese sandwiches as the buns.

Then get you some chilli cheese fries

the vatican looks/sounds good....ima do that at home

every sandwich i've had with a cheese stuffed anything on it was over done.....too big, too much cheese, too hot, just overall disproportionate to the sandwich, but it sounds like a great idea every time lol

throw that cold cheddar and potato ball in the trash tho

the vatican looks/sounds good....ima do that at home

every sandwich i've had with a cheese stuffed anything on it was over done.....too big, too much cheese, too hot, just overall disproportionate to the sandwich, but it sounds like a great idea every time lol

throw that cold cheddar and potato ball in the trash tho

That was just the first pic I found. That's just how it looks right off the counter.

Gotta give it a minute.

oooouiii them niggas flipped the buns inside out for the grilled cheese

fat boy engineering at its finest

gotta try that shit

From what I understand, there have been a number of places called "Wimpy Burger" or similar, all using the character from Popeye as it's mascot.

IMG_0004-Wimpy-Front-Shot-20.jpg

In the late 70's through the mid-80's at least around Saginaw, Mi there were maybe 4 or 5 Wimpy Burger locations. I just read there was a Chicago chain of the same name as well, but can't tell if they're related in any way.

Anywho, Wimpy's had a spot in Carrollton, Mi right next to the bridge between Saginaw and Carrollton. My grandmother's crib was about 5 minutes away by BMX bike and during the summers me and my cousins from down the street would all roll up to Wimpy's to cop a bag of their greasy ass, good as fuck fries. $1 for a brown paper bag full of fries. By the time we got to my grandmother's crib to eat 'em on the porch, the bag would be soaked in grease. The few times I had burgers there they were borderline spectacular. Far better than anything McDonalds or Burger King could dream of in those days.

The one in the picture is in Flat Rock, Mi. I doubt it has any connection to the old spots.

I think all these are still thriving in other places but I havent seen them in 15+ years

Short-Stop-Round-Rock-Texas-1080x721.jpg

shoney-s-in-ripley-wv.jpg

13833223_FXpByE41y-UM6_FCGAkiRarv2SCGso6vj9MFyzolXd8.jpg

I know its the same shit as Carls Jr but I miss Hardees sometimes too

Damn i was just bout to come in here and post Shoneys

Me, my moms and my aunt stayed hittin that joint up on my "Sick" days home from school or after a doctors appt.

used to go there as a family n eat too sometimes

Is "skippers" still a thing in the states? We used to have them everywhere up here until the late 90s. It was some fastfood seafood place kind of like long john silvers, but only thing I really remember from them was popcorn shrimp and clam chowder.

Arthur Treacher's

Golden Skillet

Chic a Sea

Burger Chef

I never ate at Arthur Treacher's but I always wanted to. We had Long John Silver's in Michigan and back inna day there was heavy competition between them and Arthur Treachers.

I used to love Burger Chef. The last location I can even remember still standing even after Hardee's started buying them all up in the early-mid 80's and converting them was on in Saginaw on Michigan Ave across from Bliss Park. Stayed a Burger Chef for a good while after all the Hardee's takeovers started happening. Burger Chef basically pioneered the kids meal. I can remember getting one in the shape of a light blue plastic car. Burger and fries on the inside of this car shell at least a couple of years before McDonalds' first Happy Meal.

• Goat
Reactions: deadeye
Is "skippers" still a thing in the states? We used to have them everywhere up here until the late 90s. It was some fastfood seafood place kind of like long john silvers, but only thing I really remember from them was popcorn shrimp and clam chowder.

crazy, 'cause I almost think I remember a place called Skippers.

Yup... Youtube is a godsend for memory-lane shits.

I vaguely remember this commercial on cable way back in the early 80's.

• Goat
Reactions: Lou Cypher