Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spinoff: Discuss your favorite fast food spots that's no longer with us (RIP)

Is Sizzler and Ponderosa still around?

Ponderosa's are still around but very limited. Some of them go by the name Bonanza.

Sizzler's are pretty much on the West Coast. However there is one in Orlando, unfortunately I went to it (my homeboy wanted to eat there for nostalgia sake while we was down there for the Florida Classic/FAMU/BCU) and it looked/tasted like school lunch. A far cry from what it once was.

I'm still mad I paid for that bullshit!

Pizza hut in new Orleans used to have shrimp on the pizza. Them meat lovers with shrimp and supreme with shrimp was absolutely crack.

theres a Ponderosa in Orlando Florida

pass that shit every year when im therre on Vacation. My brother be eating there every year we go

The last few posts in the CFA vs Popeye's got me to thinking about spots that I used to eat at back inna day that have closed.

I'll start with one I was talking about in the thread: Hot N Now.

bay-city-hot-n-now.png

Hot N Now was the hookup in college. Burgers about the size of McDonalds regular burger but for less than a dollar (IIRC only 39-49 cents each). Decent tasting burgers and the fries weren't bad at all. It was drive-thru only, no walk-up window or anything so you had to get that one cat in the crew with a car to roll over there to cop bags full of 'em for the low-low.

There's only one surviving spot in the country: In Sturgis, Mi right on the 12 (aka "Michigan Ave"). Best believe I'mma fall through there when I drive back to Tha D.
My brother used to work there when I was in middle school. Those little burgers were cheap at about a flat a p pop. He used to come home every friday with a bag of about 60 burgers.

I miss bojangles their firs and their sweet tea was the bomb. Bojangles would've gave Popeyes a run for their money

They shut down captain crabs for some weak ass mom n pop fish joint. I hate theirr shit. Their fish taste like it was fished out if a pissy canal and their fries are dry and sharp Come back Captain crabs we need you *sob*

Last edited:
Not fast food, but the donut thread got me all misty eyed about Dawn Donuts.

odawn2.jpg

We had several Dawn Donuts in Saginaw. The one I used to go to as a kid was on E. Genesee. When I was at my pops crib he was closer to the joint on State St. Best goddamned donuts in Michigan back inna day, bar none. Dunkin couldn't hold a candle, which I guess they figured out 'cause they came and bought out nearly every Dawn store in the state. From what I just read, there's still a few stores left in Flint and that's it.

i miss Braums like a mf

they still in TX I just havent been back in a long time

Back