Welcome To aBlackWeb

SOME ABW Men apparently diss black women: thread about passport bros again

Yea I can’t watch KS vids bruh ngl. Lol.

But I appreciate it. I had just seen a reel on IG from a friend of mine where she posted some fried wings she did and that crap kinda triggered me. She real pretty too, look like Aaliyah. Every once in a blue moon she post a meal she prepared and when I see some of them I just be like “😅” It’s not that they look bad either, it’s just that you can kinda tell when someone don’t have the fundamentals ingrained in their dna with how they do in the kitchen. At least she tries here and there though I suppose.

Yeah, I never really checked for him either.

I just posted it for the thumbnail more than anything else.

You raise a good point. I did think it was funny when dude in the video addressed the women that accuse the Passport Bros of bashing black American women by saying "We weren't talking to you. We were talking to each other." It's like, come on genius, you're making videos on Youtube. You can't put that shit out there for everyone to see and then turn around and act like it was a private conversation.

They weren't mentioning black women though.

At least not at the time.

They were talking about their experiences with women overseas, and how it was so much different than what they experienced in the states with westernized women.

They didn't start to bring up black women specifically until black women started talking shit about them.

They weren't mentioning black women though.

At least not at the time.

They were talking about their experiences with women overseas, and how it was so much different than what they experienced in the states with westernized women.

They didn't start to bring up black women specifically until black women started talking shit about them.

Ok, but the natural assumption when you see a bunch of black men talking about deficiencies with American women is that most of the women they're talking about are black. So, it wasn't unreasonable for black women to take those comments as shots at them.

Last edited:
Ok, but the natural assumption when you see a bunch of black men talking about deficiencies with white women is that most of the women they're talking about are black. So, it wasn't unreasonable for black women to take those comments as shots at them.

They don't talk about white women though.

And people still dismiss the fact that the women were the ones who started the hostility.

If you skimmed through more of the video I posted, you'd see that the dudes in the video were saying that most men don't care either way about black women "divesting."

And that a lot of the anger coming from the women is rooted in the fact that those men are pretty much just ignoring them.

Basically, they're mad because they can't get a reaction out of them.

So they kept provoking them until they finally did.

You even noticed this yourself in your previous post when you said it didn't make sense for women to be so angry about men they claim they're not even interested in.

Again, these dudes were just minding their business for the most part.

Last edited:
They don't talk about white women though.

And people still dismiss the fact that the women were the ones who started the hostility.

If you skimmed through more of the video I posted, you'd see that the dudes in the video were saying that most men don't care either way about black women "divesting."

And that a lot of the anger coming from the women is rooted in the fact that those men are basically ignoring them.

Basically, they're mad because they can't get a reaction out of them.

So they kept provoking them until they finally did.

You even noticed this yourself in your previous post when you said it didn't make sense for women to be so angry about men they claim they're not even interested in.

Again, these dudes were just minding their business for the most part.

My bad. I meant American not white. Also, I'm not talking about hostility. Those dudes were making videos and giving laundry lists of reasons why women overseas were better than women in America. They might not have been hostile with it, but that's still going to be perceived as a knock. The guy addressed that, and his reasoning was that they were talking to each other and not the women that got offended. My point is that you can't put something out there for everyone to see and then say you were only talking to a specific group of people. Youtube is a public forum. That means whatever you put on it, you have to assume will be seen by any and everybody.

My bad. I meant American not white. Also, I'm not talking about hostility.

My point is that you can't put something out there for everyone to see and then say you were only talking to a specific group of people.

Ok, I see what you're saying now.

Still, if the women aren't interested in these dudes either way, it shouldn't matter what they think about them.

I mean, why are they even paying attention to a bunch of dudes they claim they're not interested in?

Guess that's another conversation altogether, but I get your point.

Still, if the women aren't interested in these dudes either way, it shouldn't matter what they think about them.

I mean, why are they even paying attention to a bunch of dudes they claim they're not interested in?

Let's be real. A lot of these videos are going up for clicks and not to start worthwhile discussions. That's why we don't see more videos featuring people with opposing viewpoints. These content creators just want to speak to the people caught up in their echo chambers and profit.

Maybe it wasn't something that was even seeked out. I think we have all had something pop up on our social media algorithm, had a video sent to us, or a repost that shows a snippet of a podcast that and they something offensive. Then other people feel compelled to respond to those videos and the back and forth starts.

Maybe it wasn't something that was even seeked out. I think we have all had something pop up on our social media algorithm, had a video sent to us, or a repost that shows a snippet of a podcast that and they something offensive. Then other people feel compelled to respond to those videos and the back and forth starts.

Absolutely this. I think a channel I watched commented on Passport Bros once. I clicked that video to see what it was about, and since then YouTube has basically been flooding me with all that shit. And it's only the male viewpoint. So, these sites and apps kinda drive the bullshit.

Absolutely this. I think a channel I watched commented on Passport Bros once. I clicked that video to see what it was about, and since then YouTube has basically been flooding me with all that shit. And it's only the male viewpoint. So, these sites and apps kinda drive the bullshit.

That's how I found out about the black woman divestment thing. Watched a video that popped up on my feed and fell down the rabbit hole for an hour because the shit that was said was so shocking. It took months to get it off my feed.

I'm going to counter with this:

Does the female viewpoint even matter??? This is about these few men finding what they want in life: Why does there need to be an opposing viewpoint to that? What's there to oppose?

Hear me out on this: I mentioned that show To Rome for Love on Bravo, where fairly well off Black American women claimed they couldn't find a suitable mate here in the States and, thus, went to Rome to find love. The show was fairly well received by Black women here in the States. The Black American male's viewpoint on this show never mattered or was ever considered. This was a show about those women finding what they wanted in life, what were we to oppose??? We all know there were men here that could have ticked off every box of theirs, but they decided to find it elsewhere. Same for these Passport niggas; we know there were women here in the US that could have ticked off all of their boxes, but they chose to go elsewhere.

And before you get into all the "well they're taking shots at Black women..." stuff: don't you think having a whole TV show about Black women saying they couldn't find a suitable man amongst the brothas here is taking cannon shots at us???

It’s because while not interested, they do have a purpose. Their purpose is to help those women feel better about themselves. Those are the men that leave heart eyes on their photos, offer to drive them somewhere, offer to put together a bookshelf, offer to pick up things that are too heavy for them and move it from one place in her apartment to the next. They don’t respect them enough to want to be with them, but don’t want them to remove themselves from your lives because they enjoy the extra attention. Like it’s been stayed? It doesn’t make any sense why they’re so mad.

You don't even have to click on the video. You can just be around somebody who is watching that shit and their videos will be suggested to you. One day I was confused as fuck as to why I kept getting a bunch of makeup tutorials and couples yt pages suggested or just showing up. Wasn't til about 3 days later I realized my sister had logged into her YouTube account when her and my niece were over on my iPad and so all the shit from her algorithm now was being fed to me and suggesting shit she watched because.

Does the female viewpoint even matter??? This is about these few men finding what they want in life: Why does there need to be an opposing viewpoint to that? What's there to oppose?

Hear me out on this: I mentioned that show To Rome for Love on Bravo, where fairly well off Black American women claimed they couldn't find a suitable mate here in the States and, thus, went to Rome to find love. The show was fairly well received by Black women here in the States. The Black American male's viewpoint on this show never mattered or was ever considered. This was a show about those women finding what they wanted in life, what were we to oppose??? We all know there were men here that could have ticked off every box of theirs, but they decided to find it elsewhere. Same for these Passport niggas; we know there were women here in the US that could have ticked off all of their boxes, but they chose to go elsewhere.

And before you get into all the "well they're taking shots at Black women..." stuff: don't you think having a whole TV show about Black women saying they couldn't find a suitable man amongst the brothas here is taking cannon shots at us???

I don't think the black women's viewpoint on what the men choose to do matters. However, if those men are justifying their choices by criticizing black women, then yeah, black women have the right to respond and defend themselves. Even if what the men are saying is correct, they can expect to air out a laundry list of problems they have with black women on a public forum and not expect some of those black women to have something to say about it.

ABC and other news outlets used to have segments doing the same.

I don't think the black women's viewpoint on what the men choose to do matters. However, if those men are justifying their choices by criticizing black women, then yeah, black women have the right to respond and defend themselves. Even if what the men are saying is correct, they can expect to air out a laundry list of problems they have with black women on a public forum and not expect some of those black women to have something to say about it.

Bruh, a whole TV show had women saying there were no suitable Black men for them. There was no room for rebuttal, no debate, no nothing. And women have petitioned another season out of Bravo. Our viewpoint on what they were saying about us never mattered.

Bruh, a whole TV show had women saying there were no suitable Black men for them. There was no room for rebuttal, no debate, no nothing. And women have petitioned another season out of Bravo. Our viewpoint on what they were saying about us never mattered.

I get what you're saying. That Bravo shit wasn't even the first example of that. ABCNews did a whole special dedicated to Black Women and the perceived lack of good black men. A couple years later, they followed up with a sequel. It's fair to say that some black women (and other entities) have been pushing the "No good black men" rhetoric for years without caring about the black male perspective.

That said, I think comparing TV to Youtube and social media is flawed. The latter consists of platforms meant for discussion and responses. I mean there are content creators on Youtube who literally do nothing but respond to other people's videos. In a forum like that, you pretty much have to expect that the other side's perspective will be forthcoming whether you want it or not.

Back