Welcome To aBlackWeb

Social Media Is "Outraged" About Best & Worse BBQ City Rankings

I always tell people if your shit needs sauce it’s basura

Are you talking about for BBQ or anything? Either way I'm going to politely disagree.

The reason I disagree is most folks that create any dish (especially if they are trying to sell it) usually want to put their on spin on it, so it can truly become their creation or product. Some ways to do that is by adding or taking away a topping, using a different cooking method, infusing different cultural methods or ingredients to an existing dish, etc......

Adding a sauce is just another way to create or enhance a dish.......

Don't get it wrong though. For me, I try to give the food a chance with how it is initially served to me before adding anything to it. Or...... if the person serving the item recommends me to eat it a certain way (if I've never had the dish before) then I follow their lead because they know how they intended the meal to be.

Are you talking about for BBQ or anything? Either way I'm going to politely disagree.

The reason I disagree is most folks that create any dish (especially if they are trying to sell it) usually want to put their on spin on it, so it can truly become their creation or product. Some ways to do that is by adding or taking away a topping, using a different cooking method, infusing different cultural methods or ingredients to an existing dish, etc......

Adding a sauce is just another way to create or enhance a dish.......

Don't get it wrong though. For me, I try to give the food a chance with how it is initially served to me before adding anything to it. Or...... if the person serving the item recommends me to eat it a certain way (if I've never had the dish before) then I follow their lead because they know how they intended the meal to be.
For bbq only.

To me there’s a difference between wanting bbq sauce just to have the taste versus I need to sauce these ribs just so they can be passable.

For bbq only.

To me there’s a difference between wanting bbq sauce just to have the taste versus I need to sauce these ribs just so they can be passable.

You're 100% correct about needing the sauce to make the food decent being a no go. I just wanted to see what your true thought process was because just bashing sauces was a bit extreme. LMAO.

Have you ever had Korean BBQ? They have a rib dish called Kalbi that's pretty good if prepared correctly. I know in Houston it's a decent sized Asian community so I'm sure you could find a good Korean BBQ spot.

You're 100% correct about needing the sauce to make the food decent being a no go. I just wanted to see what your true thought process was because just bashing sauces was a bit extreme. LMAO.

Have you ever had Korean BBQ? They have a rib dish called Kalbi that's pretty good if prepared correctly. I know in Houston it's a decent sized Asian community so I'm sure you could find a good Korean BBQ spot.
Never had Korean bbq but have had Japanese. I’ll have to be on the lookout.

Never had Korean bbq but have had Japanese. I’ll have to be on the lookout.

yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) is always fun. You (in Japan you pick your meats and your individual table has a mini grill in the middle) can cook the different cuts of meat at your table while seasoning and using the sauces you like. I never knew they had those types of restaurants in the United States. Lol. In Japan, I've went to like one or 2 and I enjoyed both times. Because you brought it up that you went to one I looked up one in Austin. I gotta check that place out now.

Thanks

Pull up the pic!

I don't drown nothing b. Chinese the only thing I like a lot ot sauce on, sesame or orange
Do you fuck with sweet and sour chicken with the fried rice and vegetables ?? That’s my shit but sometimes it’s good without the sweet and sour sauce..

I ain’t crazy about BBQ. So 🤷🏾‍♀️

If you ever in LR lmk, my pops bbq will change your mind. This nigga still won't give me the ingredients to his seasoning. I told him one day "negro you old as hell, you need to write this shit down so I'll know how to make it." He still ain't done it yet. He just givese a bag of it when he makes it, smh.

Back