Welcome To aBlackWeb

Social media influencers are ruining our culture

Los216

The Game Is The Game
Specifically the Black ones. The discourse around relationships and celebrity gossip in general is fucking pathetic. Instagram is full of fire starting shit post about dating, relationships, gender roles,, interracial relationships, etc.

It's just non stop distracting bullshit that is the least productive stuff making the rounds through Black culture.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm better than anybody when I say this but I was a good student all throughout school. Always made good grades. I understood what school was about. I vividly remember being in school and seeing so many of my peers in real time just not comprehending the importance of what we were actually doing. A lot of people who I went to high school with were so focused on being grown and done with school that they missed out on so much basic shit. I'm talking about basic discourse around valuable information that these niggas completely dismissed. What pisses me off is that because social media is the way that it is, the same niggas that didn't have the time of day for fucking school are the main ones that use the social media platforms to push dumb shit. I'm talking straight up bullshit ass, agenda driven, mindless, trash ass takes.

I watch people get so wrapped up in horoscopes, spiritual energy, made up bullshit about our ancestry or history in general, and project their stupidity all over the internet and that shit fucking thrives in our culture.

It's sickening.

Last edited:
you right

I ain’t gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard when you said you was a good student who got good grades

I felt like I had to point that out because as a 34 year old who has school aged kids, I have seen both sides of the spectrum. I lived it when I was a student and I'm watching as my kids go through the same stage with their peers.

I have a HS friend who has a son the same age as my oldest. Now this nigga was a little bit of a problematic student when we were in school. Not physically violent or anything but he gave our teachers a hard time. I can't judge his parenting because I'm not raising his kids and all that but his son is very far off track and I can tell from our conversations that we have that he doesn't have a clue on how to address it.

This nigga called me mad as fuck because his sons mother was putting him on an IEP. He was literally tripping on the phone giving me those same Dr. Umar talking points about Black boys and Special Education and not signing IEP's. This nigga was talking to me like they were trying to treat his son like Eleven on Stranger Things. I had to explain to this nigga that first of all his sons mom didn't make the decision to put him on an IEP. If he's being recommended for an IEP then that means that the staff at the school are actually invested in the boys progress in school but according to my friend and Dr. Umar they are trying to destroy his son. This is the same nigga that was not what you would call an involved student when we were in school. he was definitely one of them niggas that was in school for almost every reason except learning.

Fast forward to us being adults and this nigga actually projects and spreads that dumb ass shit that he watched on a 5 minute Dr. Umar clip but won't actually take the time to fully understand what this whole process is. Now what happens is since my friend here chose not to find the correct sources for information and instead chose the do your own research route or hot take internet culture, his takes on thsi matter will get spread to his following on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc, and there will be a number of people just like him that will soak up all of the worng information he is spitting out like sheep and keep the cycle of stupidity going.

So I'm not saying I was a good student to be bragging or anything. I'm just pointing it out because from my point of view there's a clear difference in my generation between the the kids who were not "good" students and the kids who were "bad" students when you look at us as adults.

As adults now, it almost feels like the "good" students are outnumbered by the "bad" students or that the "bad" students flock is thriving off of their stupidity at a rate faster than the "good" students can tolerate anymore because I know me personally, I'm over all teh dumb shit.

I agree with TC. Though people who buy in too much to what they hear on social media are to blame too. People have learn to filter through the noise. With the shit that pops up on my Youtube, I would think that black men and black women are mortal enemies who will never find peace. Then I sit back and realize that I don't personally know anyone that spits the same vitriol, so there's no reason for me to believe it's as widespread as the videos suggest.

Specifically the Black ones. The discourse around relationships and celebrity gossip in general if fucking pathetic. Instagram is full of fire starting shit post about dating, relationships, gender roles,, interracial relationships, etc.

It's just non stop distracting bullshit that is the least productive stuff making the rounds through Black culture.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm better than anybody when I say this but I was a good student all throughout school. Always made good grades. I understood what school was about. I vividly remember being in school and seeing so many of my peers in real time just not comprehending the importance of what we were actually doing. A lot of people who I went to high school with were so focused on being grown and done with school that they missed out on so much basic shit. I'm talking about basic discourse around valuable information that these niggas completely dismissed. What pisses me off is that because social media is the way that it is, the same niggas that didn't have the time of day for fucking school are the main ones that use the social media platforms to push dumb shit. I'm talking straight up bullshit ass, agenda driven, mindless, trash ass takes.

I watch people get so wrapped up in horoscopes, spiritual energy, made up bullshit about our ancestry or history in general, and project their stupidity all over the internet and that shit fucking thrives in our culture.

It's sickening.

The relationship shit is so played out and cliche and all that and it’s been a thing for awhile

Specifically the Black ones. The discourse around relationships and celebrity gossip in general if fucking pathetic. Instagram is full of fire starting shit post about dating, relationships, gender roles,, interracial relationships, etc.

It's sickening.

And yes a lot of the dumb shit like us being Moorish Egyptian Hebrews and nigga think because they didn’t like school that school was a lie

I agree with TC. Though people who buy in too much to what they hear on social media are to blame too. People have learn to filter through the noise. With the shit that pops up on my Youtube, I would think that black men and black women are mortal enemies who will never find peace. Then I sit back and realize that I don't personally know anyone that spits the same vitriol, so there's no reason for me to believe it's as widespread as the videos suggest.

While I agree that it's not as widespread as some say, it not being in your immediate circle doesn't mean that it's not spreading and/or it's not something to be concerned about. And the fact that it's a consistent topic that gets tons of engagement shows that it's more widespread than some want to admit

Specifically the Black ones. The discourse around relationships and celebrity gossip in general if fucking pathetic. Instagram is full of fire starting shit post about dating, relationships, gender roles, relationships, etc.

It's just non stop distracting bullshit that is the least productive stuff making the rounds through Black culture

It's sickening.
I get what you saying but Twitter and it's modern day feminists really started all of the cesspool bs that you just stated. Then it spilled out to these other social media apps like IG & Tik-Tok and I totally agree that it's not only fucking up Black culture but the black community in general. Tbh, the black community is really in shambles right now and I'm not sure if the bs can ever be turned around.

I grew up in time way before the social media era. A lot shit that most of these kids are learning now they are either getting through social media or getting it through another dumb ass family member. To make it worse the schools, the actual educational system is taking basic shit from the textbooks and removing it. Then you got the Twitter cesspool with shitty takes on relationships and bullshit wannna-be sjws trying to run game on ppl by donating to said cause and pocketing the money themselves.

This shit is just sad..

Hard agreed

What other groups of people do dont really matter to me before
... that deflection comes up or am i too late... i despise the term influencer and the fact a lot of people gravitate to emulating an "influencer" or following one

Back