Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

The filing contained several additional digs at Floyd:

Mr. Floyd claimed “I can’t breathe” at least six times in the back seat of the squad. Mr. Floyd was lying about that too. The State cannot dispute that Mr. Floyd should have been arrested. Once arrested, and his record run, he well knew jail would be his destination, a part of his ongoing cycle of chemical dysfunction, violence, theft, he was an addict, a distributor of drugs, and evident danger to the community. That a ex-con and violent defendant ought to be able to avoid getting into a squad car by declaring claustrophobia, is found nowhere in the case law, or for that matter common sense.
“Regardless of his past, nothing justifies the way he died,” Floyd’s aunt Angela Harrelson told the Star Tribune. “I just feel that to go after someone’s character to justify his death — I’m not pleased with that. I’m not saying that he was a perfect person. He made mistakes. And he had a disease that he was working hard to fight against and it’s a tough disease to fight.”

There was also a jarring argument about the composition of the neighborhood in which Floyd was killed as well.

“The State’s Panglossian trope that the Officers should then have relied on the observations of the witnesses on the scene, is without authority, indeed naive,” Gray argued–referring to the majority people of color neighborhood where Floyd was killed. “Walk down Lake Street to see what an unrestrained crowd can do.”

Bruh, this shit right here.

From the jump of this whole situation, i had one question....

How did Floyd get on the ground? And in the most recently released body cam footage. Floyd was tellin them he was claustrophobic and couldn't get in the backseat of the cop car. They percieved him as acting erratic. So in order to "calm him down" they laid him on the ground. And w those sequence of events bein established. Cops then claim Floyd was sayin i cant breathe when he was already in the backseat. And they already assumed he was high and since they already percieved him lyin about not being able to breathe. They claim they were jus trying to calm him down...

I say all that to say. This case aint as open n shut as most ppl may think. If the jury is mostly white, Chavin has a top shelf lawyer, i would not be shocked if Chavin is found NOT GUILTY!

I'm late and haven't heard anything on this young man but has anyone heard of the case of Jamarion Robinson? Young brother was shot 76 times hit was hit so much that he was decapitated and his arms and legs were shot off

I'm late and haven't heard anything on this young man but has anyone heard of the case of Jamarion Robinson? Young brother was shot 76 times hit was hit so much that he was decapitated and his arms and legs were shot off

What the fuck? That's the most over the top shit I've ever heard about from police and that's saying a lot. Like, I'm not sure how this wasn't front page news everywhere. It sounds like the Breonna Taylor case times 100.

What the fuck? That's the most over the top shit I've ever heard about from police and that's saying a lot. Like, I'm not sure how this wasn't front page news everywhere. It sounds like the Breonna Taylor case times 100.
I never heard anything about it till this morning

Back