Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

:imsayin:

The reason that voting doesn't work has nothing to do with white supremacy. Sure, the racists try cheat the system, but the real people is that people are so easily misled. It's not white supremacy that gave us the choice between Biden and Trump. It's voter stupidity.

Also, as people keep on saying, that kinda thing happens less on state on local levels. You actually do have a good chance of getting decent mayor, county council people, state senators, etc... when you go vote. So while I understand abstaining from voting out of protest and I understand refusal to choose between two shitty candidates. This idea that voting is corrupt or pointless under all circumstances is wrong minded and ultimately will only serve the purpose of the white supremacists you think you're fighting.

Pocket them

what does toppling statues and drafting up plans have to do with voting?

im worried about liberals

:wtf11:

your stance that folks cant work towards systemic change AND cast their vote at the same time is short-sighted and problematic as fuck. I think that you actively discouraging people from voting is problematic and doing more harm than good as well.

But that's my humble opinion.. Ur entitled to yours..

I think you missed the point. He is just talking about the obstacles they put in front of black voters he not saying he won’t vote

that isnt the point either imo

why are niggas standing in line to vote in 2020

why is the system not accessible for all ppl in 2020???? lmao

also Canadians need to worry about their own blackface sporting leader instead of giving their measly 6 cents every 5 minutes on topics that dont concern them.

:ualreadyknow:

lmao voter suppression is a thing because we live in an anti-Black society. not necessarily because that shit matters. white ppl will fight niggas over a piece of bread if they could.

relax

To keep it a buck...

...you kinda right.

Local shit matters, but all that "VOTE OR DIE!!" Presidential shit is for the birds...

...we've seen people win the popular vote and that shit mean nothing against the electoral college.

Still gon make sure I vote tho, so don't get me to frontin' all the way...

The race vs voting debate would be less likely to happen if y’all realized race is against the entire political socioeconomic system of the United States. And wants to throw every aspect of it away.

the other feels things can be reformed byway more active participation by people who can vote especially if they vote smartly.

Could you see Teddy Roosevelt or Taft debating Karl Marx(using extreme examples to make the point)

I think you missed the point. He is just talking about the obstacles they put in front of black voters he not saying he won’t vote

Race was using it to be incendiary. But I'll play the game...

They're killing us in cold blood and not giving a fuck.

Yes the Republican party is going to try and suppress the black vote like they've done since allowing blacks to vote.

They aren't going to make it easier. Stop worrying about the obstacles and focus on how to get past them and what to do once you pass them.

The race vs voting debate would be less likely to happen if y’all realized race is against the entire political socioeconomic system of the United States. And wants to throw every aspect of it away.

the other feels things can be reformed byway more active participation by people who can vote especially if they vote smartly.

Could you see Teddy Roosevelt or Taft debating Karl Marx(using extreme examples to make the point)

Back