Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Dont give police depts over half the city budget. Reconstitute funds back into the actual community which will make cops jobs easier cuz that's less ppl on the street gettin into shit. Idk how to go about tho...

But at some point we gotta actually get involved politically. Goin to city council meetings, school board meetings and educating ourselves about what's going on locally etc. The process is there for us to advantage of and we should do more of it.
other solutions are for our neighborhoods to be policed by us; meaning more efforts and hiring practices are made so that the police force reflects the makeup of the neighborhood/city. If it's a black neighborhood then at least 65% of the police force is black. The percent is important bc if more blacks are hired in a police dept (meaning a police dept previously only had 2% of Blacks on its force but increases it to 25%; which is still the minority) but remain the minority of the police force then evidence shows nothing changes. Where it can work, this can be looked at and measured. I believe it has already been measured in some cities that when Af. Am police are in Af. Am communities there are less complaints from the general public on certain types of police behavior when Blacks have been hired to be at least 45% of the police force. That's why I say 65% and push these issues for legislation.
The article first suggests that increasing blacks percentage shows no decrease in certain behavior BUT then shows that it does when the police force is at least 45% black.

Now, you'll find a lot of articles saying that increasing Blacks as cops will not do anything to reduce abuse, but frankly that's bc you do have ppl very interested in not having Blacks police our own neighborhoods and look to throw away the theory that we can and SHOULD

Last edited:
The police budgets are some bs anyway.

My fam moved to a small ass town in NJ where the property taxes were stupid high. Much higher than the surrounding towns. The town didnt have a highschool and it had one of the worst rated elementary schools in the state.

All of the property taxes were literally going to the police department. the town was like 3-4 miles max but had over 20 cops, and a ton more cop cars. They kept buying new cop cars. there were way more cop cars than actual cops.

I found out recently that a young dude recenty became mayor and cut the fuck out the police budget. Sold all the cop cars and made a deal with neighboring towns to patrol the town so now they only have 3 full time cops including the chief. Shit should have been happened.

so it begins and ends with protests in your opinion?

Like Killer Mike was saying "plot, plan, strategize, organize and mobilize"

Our only strategy cant be just protesting... I'm just tryna figure out what else can be done in conjunction WITH protests to further the common goal.

Buying black and withholding our money from these companies that don't give a fuck about us has been mentioned as well.. How can we mobilize to make that happen collectively
We can do all the things that yall have faith in like voting, talking to Congress, strategizing and mobilizing but always hang the threat of civil unrest over their heads

We have the entire planet behind us

The police budgets are some bs anyway.

My fam moved to a small ass town in NJ where the property taxes were stupid high. Much higher than the surrounding towns. The town didnt have a highschool and it had one of the worst rated elementary schools in the state.

All of the property taxes were literally going to the police department. the town was like 3-4 miles max but had over 20 cops, and a ton more cop cars. They kept buying new cop cars. there were way more cop cars than actual cops.

I found out recently that a young dude recenty became mayor and cut the fuck out the police budget. Sold all the cop cars and made a deal with neighboring towns to patrol the town so now they only have 3 full time cops including the chief. Shit should have been happened.

damn what town was this?

I wonder if in 4 years we’ll have a presidential candidate that’ll run on a campaign of national police reform.

damn what town was this?

Prospect park right next to paterson.

The last year my fam lived there they paid 13k in taxes for trash ass house. All that in taxes and the elementary school is rated 2 out of 10. Smh.

But this is the same all over jersey though. Jersey has an over abundance of cops. The rich towns in jersey also pay cops much higher than the big urban cities. Cops in Newark are basically all youngins who get paid 60k max and as soon as they get experience they get jobs in the burbs for over 100k.

That way big cities that actually need cops stay having young, gung ho, inexperienced cops.

Jersey been had these problems and its a reason why property taxes in jersey are higher than a mfer.

Rumble young man, rumble......

Fool said "i might not have a career after this" the other day

George Lucas wife is black lol. He good. Talk that talk

lol the fuckin candidate THIS YEAR should be running on that shit

Should be. But too late in the game for Joe to get any realistic traction on that platform IMO.

The fervor from the populace for it would be there but he wouldn’t have a tangible blueprint.

Outside of protests.. what do yall think next steps should be to keep applying pressure and get some shit done?

this is the question. I hope we keep em going for a while, but eventually protests will die down and politicians and cops will happily go back to business as usual if we don’t keep the pressure on em. Should be planning and organizing now.

Should be. But too late in the game for Joe to get any realistic traction on that platform IMO.

The fervor from the populace for it would be there but he wouldn’t have a tangible blueprint.

Dont think so? Muhfuckas have been strategizing on how to face this shit for years... I find it hard to believe its impossible in a few months for the Biden campaign to shift and put some common sense ass policies that are obvious to most of us with sense

this is the question. I hope we keep em going for a while, but eventually protests will die down and politicians and cops will happily go back to business as usual if we don’t keep the pressure on em. Should be planning and organizing now.
A system needs to be put in place where the black dollar circulates throughout the country. We need to connect black businesses and institutions to the point that when we purchase essential items and services it never leaves the black hand. Economic power is necessary.

Dont think so? Muhfuckas have been strategizing on how to face this shit for years... I find it hard to believe its impossible in a few months for the Biden campaign to shift and put some common sense ass policies that are obvious to most of us with sense

It’d be wonderful if they could but I wouldn’t be optimistic. The FBI has been aware of the infiltration of white supremacists in law enforcement since at least 2006...yet still here we are.

And another huge obstacle to police reform are those fucking unions. That’s going to be a protracted battle when and if it ever occurs.

I live near FIU and college students been protesting all day. The mayor in the city I live in put curfew at 8 and the police presence is getting heavier. Shit might get hot around here

Back