Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Will these public figures that are cancelled right now, remain cancelled a few months and years down the line? Or will fans soon forget about the evil statements they made?

it’s just for trendy hashtags... no one really cares about cancel culture, I don’t think it’s ever worked...

it’s just for trendy hashtags... no one really cares about cancel culture, I don’t think it’s ever worked...
I agree. I hope that it works and people see through the smoke and mirrors, but once NBA/NFL season starts and Beyonce's tour dates are posted things may go back to normal.

Those of yall that have returned to work, How have the white people in your office been acting the last week? My 60 plus year old white worker comes in my office this morning with tears in her eyes.. She's like "Ryan what can I do to more of an advocate!? I feel I havent done enough and it just breaks my heart" She boo hooing and shit and im just looking at her lol.. I really didnt know what to even say to her. Every couple hours she just comes and stands kinda in my doorway like she is waiting on me to engage in conversation with her.. Its already tough enough working in a mask lol and now i gotta listen to this white guilt pouring out

Pretty much the same...

im the only black person in my office.

Now i ALWAYS have my airpods in...sometimes I dont even be listening to anything I just dont want them to talk to me lol

Pretty much the same...

im the only black person in my office.

Now i ALWAYS have my airpods in...sometimes I dont even be listening to anything I just dont want them to talk to me lol

I'm the only black person on my floor. lol I'm also the only one on the floor allowed back in the office to work right now, so it's pretty easy for me to avoid people.

Back