Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

What do y’all think has led to all of this support from non-black people & groups?

That the video of George Floyd being killed was so bad and indefensible that it woke something up in everyone?

or

People have just been locked in the house for 3 months and protesting and marching is something to do and a reason to go outside?

I went to of the protests here in LA that went to the mayors house, it was just as many or more non black people than it was us.

I just hope people don’t think this is just a fad and they’re in this for the long haul

Past 30 years been shit for a lotta people. If you were born in this time, you seen housin' prices sky rocket, school fees, travel. All while wages been stagnant. Nuff people are angry about nuff shit and Floyds death lit a fuse I think

Question for yall....in events of cops killing ppl and getting off, if it got reported by media as cop killing an unarmed person (leaving the race of the cop and possibly also the race of the victim out of it), do you think there would be more results and more ppl of all races outraged cuz it would be a cop vs citizens issue (like we been tryna tell em for fuckin ever) or should race be apart of it?

Cuz the way the media reports these issues is one of my biggest problems and why I feel little gets done.

Yeah man this is also my prediction.

2020 has been quite the year. Makes you wonder what June, July and August will bring tho.

I think the next big thing may be who Biden selects as his VP.

@Earth 2 Superman said Val Demings and honestly I think he's right. She seems like the perfect choice ESPECIALLY given the protests right now and going forward.

Other than that maybe Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris. Kamala would be better suited on the supreme court tho.
I heard Biden wants his VP to be a black woman, in that case it has to be Abrams

Kamala would be Sarah Palin 2.0

Damn Everytime i go to sleep and wake up this story gets crazier and crazier. Wtf did Drew Brees say?

I believe the conversation needs to shift towards the police unions place in all of this bullshit.

Outside of race... it's the only reason that I can think these assholes could have made it this far without being charged and having the opportunity to come up with their stories and wipe their socials...

Any other person woulda been booked... and that's some bullshit right there
They need to dismantle police unions !!

Question for yall....in events of cops killing ppl and getting off, if it got reported by media as cop killing an unarmed person (leaving the race of the cop and possibly also the race of the victim out of it), do you think there would be more results and more ppl of all races outraged cuz it would be a cop vs citizens issue (like we been tryna tell em for fuckin ever) or should race be apart of it?

Cuz the way the media reports these issues is one of my biggest problems and why I feel little gets done.

Damn that...mention race.

Will they burn down the state? No, again ky is a red ass state that majority is pro cop as well, aint got enough ppl to do it, ville will do its own thing, but everywhere else? No, these redneck cac ass towns and cities aint bout to act out over police brutality on black ppl
Idk bruh. I mean they protesting and messing things up but I just don't think these cats here are bout that life. I hope I'm wrong but you never know

In a world where all was equal this would make sense.... we don't live in such a world tho.

The world we live in there are people who are white that when they hear a black person was killed or was the cop that did the killing.. that's when they stop giving a fuck about the issue.

The world we live in there are people who are black that when they hear a white person was killed or was the cop that did the killing.. that's when they stop giving a fuck about the issue.

Most folks only give a shit about an issue if it affects them or if it affects someone that looks like them sadly.

just my humble opinion tho

What do y’all think has led to all of this support from non-black people & groups?

That the video of George Floyd being killed was so bad and indefensible that it woke something up in everyone?

or

People have just been locked in the house for 3 months and protesting and marching is something to do and a reason to go outside?

I went to of the protests here in LA that went to the mayors house, it was just as many or more non black people than it was us.

I just hope people don’t think this is just a fad and they’re in this for the long haul
All of the above plus their tax dollars continue to be wasted on these murders.

Back